Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Member

7,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Yukimi-Kitsune
Hi. I need a good name for a historical fiction/fantasy novel about the Black Death as an actual person. I have the name "Fractured Fairy Tale" picked out but it never seemed to quite fit. Any advice? Thanks.

Her name was Mary and traditionally she carried a red scarf.

...Or did you not want the real myth?

Popular Member

7,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Yukimi-Kitsune
I_Write_Ivre
I need a gemstone name for a place. I already have Amber, Jacinth, Lapis, Peridot, and Citrine. I don't like garnet and pearl doesn't work.

Amethyst, Ametrine, Tiger Eye, Topaz, Emerald, Ruby, Malachite, Jade, Jadeite, Aquamarine, Sapphire, Beryl, Agate, Quartz. I, personally, would choose "Malachite". It sounds masculine and so much like a location rather than a semi-precious gemstone. Hope this helps.

Masculine is the opposite of what would work in this world. Men are considered weaker than women.

Gracious Entrepreneur

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
I_Write_Ivre
Yukimi-Kitsune
Hi. I need a good name for a historical fiction/fantasy novel about the Black Death as an actual person. I have the name "Fractured Fairy Tale" picked out but it never seemed to quite fit. Any advice? Thanks.

Her name was Mary and traditionally she carried a red scarf.

...Or did you not want the real myth?

Not the real myth, no. That sounds like Typhoid Mary, anyways. My character is a demon, demons were thought during the Dark Ages to be one of the causes of the Black Death.

Gracious Entrepreneur

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
I_Write_Ivre
Yukimi-Kitsune
I_Write_Ivre
I need a gemstone name for a place. I already have Amber, Jacinth, Lapis, Peridot, and Citrine. I don't like garnet and pearl doesn't work.

Amethyst, Ametrine, Tiger Eye, Topaz, Emerald, Ruby, Malachite, Jade, Jadeite, Aquamarine, Sapphire, Beryl, Agate, Quartz. I, personally, would choose "Malachite". It sounds masculine and so much like a location rather than a semi-precious gemstone. Hope this helps.

Masculine is the opposite of what would work in this world. Men are considered weaker than women.

Oh, sorry. Then, Beryl also sounds like a location. As does Jadeite. There's also Lapis Lazuli. You could use 'Lazuli', but to me it sounds like a small city in Italy.

Popular Member

7,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Yukimi-Kitsune
I_Write_Ivre
Yukimi-Kitsune
I_Write_Ivre

Oh, sorry. Then, Beryl also sounds like a location. As does Jadeite. There's also Lapis Lazuli. You could use 'Lazuli', but to me it sounds like a small city in Italy.

How does Citrine and Olivine sound?

Gracious Entrepreneur

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
I_Write_Ivre
Yukimi-Kitsune
I_Write_Ivre
Yukimi-Kitsune
I_Write_Ivre

How does Citrine and Olivine sound?

That sounds great. Go with it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff