• Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
I_Write_Ivre
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again

Whatever. I had to research Twilight so my vampires wouldn't be mistaken for it, you can sit down and watch Flash Gordon save the earth.

i'm still quite partial to the power rangers saving earth, loads of other fictional characters... who work as a team to get the job done.

though, the same can't be said for my adventure series 1 and 2; there, wulf ninja warrior works alone.

So what's wrong with seeing Flash Gordon, then?

cuz I DON'T LIKE mad mad mad those kind of sci fi. grrr stare stare stare stare

Do it anyway. A good writer doesn't necessarily like the research they do, but does it anyway. Throwing a tantrum won't make you look anymore professional.

look, it's just not my thing, alright. -.-
i'm interested in a team os heroes, not just one. i want five or at least dozens of multi-colored vigilanties saving a fictional world from space invaders... like with power rangers. (only without the zords)
morpheus32
I_Write_Ivre
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again

Whatever. I had to research Twilight so my vampires wouldn't be mistaken for it, you can sit down and watch Flash Gordon save the earth.

i'm still quite partial to the power rangers saving earth, loads of other fictional characters... who work as a team to get the job done.

though, the same can't be said for my adventure series 1 and 2; there, wulf ninja warrior works alone.

Do it anyway. A good writer doesn't necessarily like the research they do, but does it anyway. Throwing a tantrum won't make you look anymore professional.

i'm interested in a team os heroes, not just one. i want five or at least dozens of multi-colored vigilanties saving a fictional world from space invaders... like with power rangers. (only without the zords)

Well, if there's no convincing you to handle things like a good author would, I guess there's no point in trying. I mean, it's not like you're going to research Kamen Rider, Pretty Cure, or Sailormoon either, which are also important.

Let's all go back to Ivre's problem with a masculine villain named after a flower.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
I_Write_Ivre
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again

Well, if there's no convincing you to handle things like a good author would, I guess there's no point in trying. I mean, it's not like you're going to research Kamen Rider, Pretty Cure, or Sailormoon either, which are also important.

Let's all go back to Ivre's problem with a masculine villain named after a flower.

well, maybe kamen rider... MAYBE.... just to see what's the big deal. seeing as on this other site, there are people who are obsessed when "when kamen rider episodes are gonna be uploaded."
but maybe you should read some of what i'm cooking up.
DarknessofHeavenandDreams
morpheus32
DarknessofHeavenandDreams
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
KeriaFalls

its hard naming them because it says so much of the person in the story

No, it doesn't. That's the whole point of this thread.

do any of you think Ling-Khan is good name for an evil alien, chinese warlord? (alien being extraterrestrial)

and that Lexa, being his adopted daughter (who happens to be English)

and what about Flurimax and Magmerix? these are characters in my story. if anyone can come up with better, please tell me.

They sound fine, but have a Flash Gordon feel to 'em.

by flash gordon, you mean.... confused

I mean Flash Gordon the movie. Pun names, Evil guy named Ming, hot daughter whose name I can't remember, but she was hot.
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
I_Write_Ivre
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again

well, maybe kamen rider... MAYBE.... just to see what's the big deal. seeing as on this other site, there are people who are obsessed when "when kamen rider episodes are gonna be uploaded."

Why should I bother if you're not going to? Besides, you have yet to convince anyone the names are unlike Flash Gordon, which is a reason itself to see it. Just man up and do it!
I'm working on an original fiction story set in a world that is essentially 'just America' - it has been isolated from other cultures for about two hundred years now. Therefore, many names and such have died out or become over populous, simply because there is not an infux of names from other cultures (because essentially, with the exception of Native American names, most names in the USA appear to be either from other countries or altered versions of such). I think that as a result, unisex names would be more likely to be applied in both female and male capacities.

One example of this is a character named Finley. The character is female, but with a name characterised as male, despite being female. She also has a recurring problem where people mistake her for a boy due to her short hair and general nature. However, I'm worried that giving her what is traditionally a male name (especially when condensed to the nickname 'Fin', which she allows only three people to call her) might be taking this too far. Opinions?

(I know this might be taken as a 'do you like the name?' question, but in truth it's more a 'does this fit with my cultural scenario, and does it work story-wise?' thing.)
I don't think its a bad name. I think its a strange name as I've never heard of it as a first name. But then, I agree that more names would be unisex and more would be made up. I tought a class where someone was named Moonstone Youngblood.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
I_Write_Ivre

Why should I bother if you're not going to? Besides, you have yet to convince anyone the names are unlike Flash Gordon, which is a reason itself to see it. Just man up and do it!

well how do i convince, huh? you're not giving me much insentive. or however it's spelled. stare stare stare

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
I_Write_Ivre

well how do i convince, huh? you're not giving me much insentive. or however it's spelled. stare stare stare

Nice try. We gave you all the incentive YOU needed and you gave a poor excuse. You're going to be ignored until you act like a professional.
Moving on, my sister and I wish to join Channel Awesome, with a premise of a villain reviewing movies, each movie used to teach a lesson to all would-be freelance villains.

We want to name the hostess Villainy, as a parody on a girl's name, but we want to know the 'girliest' way to spell it. Or, at least I do, as I'm writing the scripts.
The Phoenix Rises Again
Moving on, my sister and I wish to join Channel Awesome, with a premise of a villain reviewing movies, each movie used to teach a lesson to all would-be freelance villains.

We want to name the hostess Villainy, as a parody on a girl's name, but we want to know the 'girliest' way to spell it. Or, at least I do, as I'm writing the scripts.

I would say at least change the 'y' at the end to an 'ie' e.g. Villainie.
If you want to make it look more name-like, maybe Villanie.
Or this might be a bit far from the original to recognise. This is just a few ideas.
nefarious e
The Phoenix Rises Again

I would say at least change the 'y' at the end to an 'ie' e.g. Villainie.
If you want to make it look more name-like, maybe Villanie.
Or this might be a bit far from the original to recognise. This is just a few ideas.

Sounds cool actually.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
People keep telling me Faust and Dante are blatant villain names. Are they?

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
I_Write_Ivre
People keep telling me Faust and Dante are blatant villain names. Are they?

just make a random name that's not in any dictionary.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff