• Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
morpheus32
DarknessofHeavenandDreams
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
KeriaFalls

its hard naming them because it says so much of the person in the story

No, it doesn't. That's the whole point of this thread.

do any of you think Ling-Khan is good name for an evil alien, chinese warlord? (alien being extraterrestrial)

and that Lexa, being his adopted daughter (who happens to be English)

and what about Flurimax and Magmerix? these are characters in my story. if anyone can come up with better, please tell me.

They sound fine, but have a Flash Gordon feel to 'em.

by flash gordon, you mean.... confused

I mean Flash Gordon the movie. Pun names, Evil guy named Ming, hot daughter whose name I can't remember, but she was hot.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
morpheus32
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
KeriaFalls

its hard naming them because it says so much of the person in the story

No, it doesn't. That's the whole point of this thread.

do any of you think Ling-Khan is good name for an evil alien, chinese warlord? (alien being extraterrestrial)

and that Lexa, being his adopted daughter (who happens to be English)

and what about Flurimax and Magmerix? these are characters in my story. if anyone can come up with better, please tell me.

They sound fine, but have a Flash Gordon feel to 'em.

by flash gordon, you mean.... confused

I mean Flash Gordon the movie. Pun names, Evil guy named Ming, hot daughter whose name I can't remember, but she was hot.

A+) not a bad idea
A -) Magmerix and Flurimax were the one names i could think of at the moment
B) Ling-Khan is a pun name (in a sense) cuz say it fast, and you hear that it sounds like Lincoln.
C) Lexa is is adopted daughter, who's English (not chinese), yet she has an accent like new zealand or something. really thick accent.
D) i haven't SEEN flash gordon movie.
I would seriously consider watching that movie before you go too much further. I'm an editor and when I see names that immediately bring something like Flash Gordon to mind (it's a fairly ridiculous movie) it's generally a bad sign to me, because it seems ill-planned. I'm not saying that you haven't thought it through, but I would watch the movie and then decide if you want that type of image to be the first one that comes to ind for your readers.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Dante Alighini
I would seriously consider watching that movie before you go too much further. I'm an editor and when I see names that immediately bring something like Flash Gordon to mind (it's a fairly ridiculous movie) it's generally a bad sign to me, because it seems ill-planned. I'm not saying that you haven't thought it through, but I would watch the movie and then decide if you want that type of image to be the first one that comes to ind for your readers.

my stuff is planned..
planned through gaia online's concept, as well as various power ranger series villains.
plus, there's the android thing i put in my story. one for operation overdrive's Mackenzie Hartford, and one for not quite human's Chip Carson.
my villains being various, mashed up villain and villianess combos.
mixing lothor with mora, being one thing.
but enough about this, seeing as it's a naming guidebook thread
morpheus32
Dante Alighini

my stuff is planned..
planned through gaia online's concept, as well as various power ranger series villains.
plus, there's the android thing i put in my story. one for operation overdrive's Mackenzie Hartford, and one for not quite human's Chip Carson.

Whatever. I had to research Twilight so my vampires wouldn't be mistaken for it, you can sit down and watch Flash Gordon save the earth.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
Dante Alighini

my stuff is planned..

Whatever. I had to research Twilight so my vampires wouldn't be mistaken for it, you can sit down and watch Flash Gordon save the earth.

i'm still quite partial to the power rangers saving earth, loads of other fictional characters... who work as a team to get the job done.

though, the same can't be said for my adventure series 1 and 2; there, wulf ninja warrior works alone.
Evil_ZenMaster
Hell I might just make a bad guy now and name him Pete.......

Kinda funny, because the main evil person in my story is named Richard, but his niece calls him Uncle Ricky, just so he doesn't get too cocky.^^
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
Dante Alighini

my stuff is planned..

i'm still quite partial to the power rangers saving earth, loads of other fictional characters... who work as a team to get the job done.

though, the same can't be said for my adventure series 1 and 2; there, wulf ninja warrior works alone.

So what's wrong with seeing Flash Gordon, then?
For those of you that have been around since a couple of pages ago, I started my Ebony/Ivory story. I chose that names Ilena and Evria, both shortened to Lena and Ever. What do you think? (Instant feedback would be amazing.^^)

Also, I've come up with a bit more of a storyline than I had. Basically, the two are going to meet each other out of random chance in a forest and become friends. Then, one of them (Lena) will steal a book of spell from a wizard's library (or something of that nature, either way they've got a spellbook) and they're going to try some of the spells. They end up backfiring and creating huge natural disasters that the two will have to figure out how to stop. Once again, feedback is wanted.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
Dante Alighini

my stuff is planned..

cuz I DON'T LIKE mad mad mad those kind of sci fi. grrr stare stare stare stare

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
Dante Alighini

my stuff is planned..

You don't like the kind of sci-fi you have no clue about or you don't like the kind of sci-fi you're writing?

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
Dante Alighini

my stuff is planned..

Do it anyway. A good writer doesn't necessarily like the research they do, but does it anyway. Throwing a tantrum won't make you look anymore professional.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff