• Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
morpheus32
The Phoenix Rises Again
What's 'star powers?'

gurl, think of starfire from teen titans... but only TEN TIMES BETTER!!!!! can make weapons out of light energy from, she can turn herself into a shooting star and fly around. she can even use that star form to shoot through enemies. i can't think of any more moves she can do with her powers, but i'm making them up as i write it all chapter by chapter.
but she's got an extensive knowledge of martial arts.

Sounds like Black Lighting instead of Starfire.

who's black lightning? or what is black lightning? is it character?

He's a character in the dame universe. He does all of those things. I think they may have retconned his ability to travel through phone lines out though.

well, Starla can't do that. all she can do is make weapons out of light energy, fly by turning herself into a ball of light, her star powers also generate heat. but i haven't begun to make any other abilities she can do.

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
Totally normal human family here guys... the names are:

Tyrese, Percilia and Maddie... the one I'm worried about is Percilia. At first I just called her Percy and then I decided "Percy" should be short for something, so I chose Percilia except now I'm looking for other FEMALE names that can be shortened to "Percy" since I'm unsure of Percilia now.

Not sure if I should explain Percilia's character 'cause I don't know if that would help. sweatdrop

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
How bad is it that I have a male villain named Valerian?

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
I_Write_Ivre

"BAD" confused confused not bad at all. you want bad, you should take a look at my character.... LING-KHAN!

yet with the "N" at the end, it sounds like a planet name...

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
morpheus32
I_Write_Ivre

"BAD" confused confused not bad at all. you want bad, you should take a look at my character.... LING-KHAN!

No, it just sounds like a Chinese name after the Mongolian invasion. It just means 'ruler.'
thanks for the advice i needed help on exactly that.
xp
do u think its kool or lame to have ur characters name mean somthing importent?

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Strawberry Angel Cutie
do u think its kool or lame to have ur characters name mean somthing importent?

Lame. Not everyone gets it and it often sounds silly. Plus we figure out half the story if we do know the meaning.

If it's not important but does have something coincidentally parallel with the character, that can be cool.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
I am The Compendium
morpheus32
I_Write_Ivre

No, it just sounds like a Chinese name after the Mongolian invasion. It just means 'ruler.'

that may be, deary...

but it's obvious, you have no.... "imagination" on the subject. i'm just saying it sounds like the name of a planet. and yet, you come on in with your lil "fun facts" about that it sounds like a chinese name after the mongolian invasion.
that's the problem, everyone's always about facts.... stare we need... more "fantasy writers"
you wanna know why i like fantasy? it's about being able to create, not go by facts and opinions and... "historical dates", plus, i like it, because it fills a void (so does action/adventure and sci-fi), but THE POINT IS..... i do them write them to make myself feel good on the inside. 3nodding

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
morpheus32
I am The Compendium
morpheus32
I_Write_Ivre

that may be, deary...

but it's obvious, you have no.... "imagination" on the subject. i'm just saying it sounds like the name of a planet. and yet, you come on in with your lil "fun facts" about that it sounds like a chinese name after the mongolian invasion.
that's the problem, everyone's always about facts.... stare we need... more "fantasy writers"
you wanna know why i like fantasy? it's about being able to create, not go by facts and opinions and... "historical dates", plus, i like it, because it fills a void (so does action/adventure and sci-fi), but THE POINT IS..... i do them write them to make myself feel good on the inside. 3nodding

She is a fantasy writer. Even if I didn't know much Chinese history, I'd just assume it's Chinese anyway. I'd not like you chose 'Protometheus' as a name.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
morpheus32
I am The Compendium
morpheus32
I_Write_Ivre

that may be, deary...

You're only going to get 'fun facts' if all you're going to do is copy Chinese names.

Anyone sane out there have an opinion on 'Valerian?'

Blessed Lunatic

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Valerian sounds perfectly acceptable to me, just because he's bad doesn't mean he already has a wicked name or even changed his name. Hell I might just make a bad guy now and name him Pete.......

I think Valerian is a good name to use for a bad guy....just remember all the reasons he could have that name and your golden..
I think, if the name is going to weird or wacky, you have to have a specific reason for it being weird or wacky. Many times I have put down a book when the character is named something like Buttersquash... I mean its gotta have a reason for being named that.... Also if the name isn't going to be all that significant, then name it a name you like. Although don't make it to strange. I have trouble reading Catch 22 even though its one of my favorites, because of the name.

6,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
morpheus32
I am The Compendium
morpheus32
I_Write_Ivre

that may be, deary...

It's not cool to use some peoples' culture for you own gain... and as fantasy writer myself, research is a must--especially when you're using things like names from different cultures. neutral
morpheus32
I am The Compendium
morpheus32
I_Write_Ivre

that may be, deary...

All the good fantasy writers look up facts, especially cultures.

Evil_ZenMaster
Valerian sounds perfectly acceptable to me, just because he's bad doesn't mean he already has a wicked name or even changed his name. Hell I might just make a bad guy now and name him Pete.......

I think Valerian is a good name to use for a bad guy....just remember all the reasons he could have that name and your golden..

Valerian is a type of flower, by the way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff