Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ya I love the highwayman, it has a awsome story but its pretty long compared to most poems. did you know that the author of the highwayman also wrote robin hood?
Loreena McKennit is one of my favorite singers ever!!! The Highwayman is a beautiful piece of work. Although, I gravitate towards sad songs anyway...*shrugs* I had it on my MP3 player...but it took up so much space that I finally deleted it... sweatdrop
Akutenshinochi
That's one of my favorite poems as well and Loreena McKennit's Book of Secrets cd is awesome! Great song too just ten minutes is only a bit long.

never really heard of her before.. sweatdrop
That's one of my favorite poems as well and Loreena McKennit's Book of Secrets cd is awesome! Great song too just ten minutes is only a bit long.
MaemiKurotoku
ya edgar allen poes one of my fav poets

I adore his work, I think hes an awsome writer. I get all my inspiration from him. 3nodding
xDurza
I think it is a great poem, And I especially love it when its sung By Loreena McKennit.

Both are Awesome! I love the repeating phrases in the poem, and the adjectives, and the whole mood, heck, I love it all! (Avast, a fellow pirate, Ahoy there!)
ya edgar allen poes one of my fav poets
I would have to admit that my favourite section of poetry ever comes from the end, when he dies. I absolutely love it.

And Loreena McKennit does an absolutely gorgeous rendition of the poem.

And yes, I love "The Raven" as well. Have you ever read his "Sonnet to Science"? Good work, there.

sweatdrop

Can you tell I'm a University English major?
ya i kno, its one of my fave, in fact it just might be but i also like the raven by edgar allen poe
I think it is a great poem, And I especially love it when its sung By Loreena McKennit.
no, is it good?
Fav. poem of all time!! Have you ever heard the song?
thats true
its one of my fave poems
It is a rather depressing poem, although it is very good. One can feel for the characters very deeply, even though it's not that long and very easy to read as far as narrative poetry goes.
ok this is a disscussion of the Highwayman by alfred noyes,
god or depressing poem?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas