Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

How do you try to improve your writing?

I try to avoid old, stupid things. 0.17538529934795 17.5% [ 2367 ]
I add new things. 0.14730290456432 14.7% [ 1988 ]
A combination of both (if one more than the other, pick it). 0.67731179608773 67.7% [ 9141 ]
Total Votes:[ 13496 ]

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Shuttle Cop
Don't even bother reading the classics to educate yourself on literature and how to be an effective writer, that stuff belongs in high school English courses. The only things you should read are works within your genre comfort zone.

((This is something I've noticed with a lot of pretentious younger writers who seem to like reading bad fantasy and little else. ))

((The problem with this is people tend to be equally, if not more, pretentious about the classics. 'I read the classics. That means I'm smarter than you.' The pretend 'classic' makes a book better.

Why not just read good books, classic or otherwise?))

Profitable Trader

This thread is so negative. lol

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Jason Zaire
This thread is so negative. lol

Exactly. All sarcasm is mean and cruel, like kicking puppies.

No one here acknowledges or has exceptions pointed out or points out why something doesn't work.

If it's sarcasm, it's from Hitler.
Readers will automatically agree that anyone against a relationship in the story is a villain. It's not like someone can have a legitimate reason for thinking such a thing could be a bad idea.
Fantasy-style names must meet as many of the following criteria as possible:

1, Contain as many syllables as possible
2, Use Y as a vowel at least twice, excluding any names which end with a Y
3, Include letter combinations which are unpronounceable in any human language
4, Have punctuation marks inserted at random
5, Be a "clever" misspelling of an actual word
6, Have some bearing on the character's appearance, personality or background
If you are female and Indian, your hair is in braids. Native American women can only wear two braids and cannot wear them down their backs; they must be displayed over their shoulders. However, Asian Indian women can only wear one braid down their backs, never over their shoulders.

The only exception is a woman who is in tune with the superiority serenity of nature, in which case her hair must always flow in a light breeze, even inside.

Devoted Friend

8,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Person of Interest 200
If you have a male Native American, they must have long hair with feathers sticking out of it. The chiefs have 1000 feathers on a headdress.

Asian men have their hair in long ponytails, or short-styled just above their shoulders.

You're allowed to make it whacky colors, because it would be no fun if all the Asians' hair was black.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
All Asians are white.

Devoted Friend

8,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I_Write_Ivre
All Asians are white.
And all white people are American or British. There are no Scotsmen, Irishmen, Germans, French, etc.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff