Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

How do you try to improve your writing?

I try to avoid old, stupid things. 0.17514040792196 17.5% [ 2370 ]
I add new things. 0.1472805202483 14.7% [ 1993 ]
A combination of both (if one more than the other, pick it). 0.67757907182974 67.8% [ 9169 ]
Total Votes:[ 13532 ]

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I_Write_Ivre

Because critique is never nice. It's a horrible, awful cruel thing. That's why they teach it in school: to help people bully you.

If someone offers negative critique, they're just doing it to be mean. And screaming at people who criticize your friends totally won't make her look bad and totally won't embarrass her.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
If you have slavery in your story, only women/blackcoincidentally dark-skinned people are enslaved.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I_Write_Ivre
If you have slavery in your story, only women/blackcoincidentally dark-skinned people are enslaved.

Slavery is always based on racial lines. And in any society, there's always only one race that's enslaved.

Having slavery in your story only exists for two reasons: to show how evil the villain is, or to show how heroic your hero is by having them rescue the poor, helpless slaves. Slaves never do anything to try to escape or to make the lives of their masters harder or make their own lives easier. They're always so beaten down by their situation that they don't do anything, ever.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
It's okay to confuse religions, so long as neither's Christianity.

Anxious Citizen

If someone doesn't like your protagonist, it's an attack on you and should be treated as such. Screaming at the person and telling them that the character is great and they're just stupid is always the best way to go about these issues.

Your writing never needs to be edited. It's perfect in its first draft.
marshmallowcreampie
If someone offers negative critique, they're just doing it to be mean.

So be mean back. Call them every name under the sun - bonus points if involves questioning their sexuality and/or sanity. Also, people who offer negative critique are almost always losers who couldn't write a story to save their lives, so they're obviously jealous of your masterpiece. So tell them as much. And, while you're at it, flame any stories the critic may have written, telling them how much they suck and that they should "stop writing".

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Clare_N
marshmallowcreampie
If someone offers negative critique, they're just doing it to be mean.

So be mean back. Call them every name under the sun - bonus points if involves questioning their sexuality and/or sanity. Also, people who offer negative critique are almost always losers who couldn't write a story to save their lives, so they're obviously jealous of your masterpiece. So tell them as much. And, while you're at it, flame any stories the critic may have written, telling them how much they suck and that they should "stop writing".

Be sure to never explain anything! It makes you look bad. But keep a self-righteous attitude. People might question you if you don't.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I_Write_Ivre

Be sure to never explain anything! It makes you look bad. But keep a self-righteous attitude. People might question you if you don't.

Your friend can never do anything wrong, but s/he is also weak and helpless against criticism, and even the smallest negative comment will discourage her from writing, so you need to defend him or her from those mean old critics!

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
marshmallowcreampie
I_Write_Ivre

Your friend can never do anything wrong, but s/he is also weak and helpless against criticism, and even the smallest negative comment will discourage her from writing, so you need to defend him or her from those mean old critics!

Remember, the rules don't apply to when you're defending your friend; they only apply to mean people.

Besides, being called a f*****t is nothing compared to 'you spelled that wrong.' the last one wouldn't be allowed in a church.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I_Write_Ivre

Remember, the rules don't apply to when you're defending your friend; they only apply to mean people.

Besides, being called a f*****t is nothing compared to 'you spelled that wrong.' the last one wouldn't be allowed in a church.

"Defending a friend" is a good excuse to act horrible and people will totally let you get away with behavior they normally otherwise wouldn't let you.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
marshmallowcreampie
I_Write_Ivre

"Defending a friend" is a good excuse to act horrible and people will totally let you get away with behavior they normally otherwise wouldn't let you.

Remember, grammar doesn't apply in the WF.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I_Write_Ivre

Or anywhere. Grammar was invented by teachers who just want to give you more work, and it's only enforced by people who want to stifle your creativity.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
marshmallowcreampie
I_Write_Ivre

Or anywhere. Grammar was invented by teachers who just want to give you more work, and it's only enforced by people who want to stifle your creativity.

Besides, even if it's important, it's not like not having it will make reading the story any harder.
marshmallowcreampie
I_Write_Ivre

And no-one will be any the wiser if you make a secondary account in which you claim to be "(insert user name)'s best friend" and use it to:

A, Review your own stories

B, Attack anyone who dares to criticise you

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Clare_N
marshmallowcreampie
I_Write_Ivre

And no-one will be any the wiser if you make a secondary account in which you claim to be "(insert user name)'s best friend" and use it to:

A, Review your own stories

B, Attack anyone who dares to criticise you

When people aren't buying it, plead for kindness. Say one of you has cancer, is a different race/sexual orientation/sex the poster could never understand being, bullshit a broken home, or just say that no one understands you and anyone who doesn't think your work is perfect will never understand hardships or how they're just sheep.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff