Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

How do you try to improve your writing?

I try to avoid old, stupid things. 0.17514040792196 17.5% [ 2370 ]
I add new things. 0.1472805202483 14.7% [ 1993 ]
A combination of both (if one more than the other, pick it). 0.67757907182974 67.8% [ 9169 ]
Total Votes:[ 13532 ]

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Clare_N
Also, you can make the canon characters do anything you want, even if it means pulling them completely Out Of Character. If anyone challenges you on this, just use the "it's my story and I can do what I want" line.

And, if there are two hot guys in your favourite series, it is compulsory to write a slash fic about them - bonus points if they have sex in your story.

Do not pair up character according to their wants and personalities, but by what is hottest and cutest.

Quotable Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
DarknessofHeavenandDreams
Do not pair up character according to their wants and personalities, but by what is hottest and cutest.

Or if they are hinted at by the main story enough times.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
1upMushroomCloud

Or if they are hinted at by the main story enough times.

That doesn't matter. Pair up characters that have never met each other.

Quotable Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I_Write_Ivre

Remember, kiddies, pairing up characters is all super serious, and you should treat it as such and crucify the privates of anyone who suggests the slightest hint of a flaw in the logic of pairing up two characters who cannot stand eachother.

Unless you're doing it for shiggles, then feel free to ignore everything about what makes a compelling romance.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
1upMushroomCloud
I_Write_Ivre

Remember, kiddies, pairing up characters is all super serious, and you should treat it as such and crucify the privates of anyone who suggests the slightest hint of a flaw in the logic of pairing up two characters who cannot stand eachother.

Same with killing main characters.

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
It makes you look edgy and cool if you kill off peoples' favorite characters just for the spite of it. cool

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Never read posts. Just imagine what people say.

Quotable Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I_Write_Ivre
Never read posts. Just imagine what people say about how tremendously talented you are and that you should forever be remembered as the most superb writer this millennium can ever hope to produce and now that I think about it Shakespeare could have learned etc. etc.

Sorry, wasn't paying attention to all that, but I'm going to go on ahead and elaborate on your point by mentioning that you forgot to bring up that it is always appropriate to assume full knowledge of not only a person's entire post/argument/point from a single sentence, but also their entire personality, system of beliefs, background, sexual orientation, race, socio-economic status, nationality, worth as a human being and the quality of their own personal works simply by one instance where they used the word "psychiatric" when they CLEARLY meant "psychotic".

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
1upMushroomCloud
I_Write_Ivre
Never read posts. Just imagine what people say about how tremendously talented you are and that you should forever be remembered as the most superb writer this millennium can ever hope to produce and now that I think about it Shakespeare could have learned etc. etc.

Sorry, wasn't paying attention to all that, but I'm going to go on ahead and elaborate on your point by mentioning that you forgot to bring up that it is always appropriate to assume full knowledge of not only a person's entire post/argument/point from a single sentence, but also their entire personality, system of beliefs, background, sexual orientation, race, socio-economic status, nationality, worth as a human being and the quality of their own personal works simply by one instance where they used the word "psychiatric" when they CLEARLY meant "psychotic".

Which means, they are psychotic, so you don't have to read any posts they say; they're all flames.

5,450 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
Have Your Pi
Involve something religious. The Bible's a bestseller, right?

unless ur writing a religious book. like Heaven Is For Real. now that was a great book!

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Are you writing a story and letting other people read it, but finding that readers all like one of the side characters as opposed to your darling main character? Never fear! All you have to do is make any character more popular than the MC and make them as unlikable as possible! Make them mean, perhaps even turn them to the evil side! And also strive to make your MC more likable by constantly having them save the day and have all the other characters compliment them. If this all fails, just kill off the popular side character.
marshmallowcreampie
Are you writing a story and letting other people read it, but finding that readers all like one of the side characters as opposed to your darling main character? Never fear! All you have to do is make any character more popular than the MC and make them as unlikable as possible! Make them mean, perhaps even turn them to the evil side! And also strive to make your MC more likable by constantly having them save the day and have all the other characters compliment them. If this all fails, just kill off the popular side character.

Also, if your main character is a woman in command, emphasize everything about her being in charge. Make her voice raspy, use lots of exclamation marks, make her strict, make sure she towers over people and glares at them.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
inche
keep your story close to reality.

((this being the anti-guide, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff