Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

How do you try to improve your writing?

I try to avoid old, stupid things. 0.17514040792196 17.5% [ 2370 ]
I add new things. 0.1472805202483 14.7% [ 1993 ]
A combination of both (if one more than the other, pick it). 0.67757907182974 67.8% [ 9169 ]
Total Votes:[ 13532 ]

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Mein Herz des Goldes

Villains are not allowed to have a backstory that readers can sympathize with. Evil is evil and it can only be caused by evil. No villain was ever born good and then had some tragedy happen that caused them to be evil; they were simply born with the drve to amass an army of undead monsters and try to enslave the world

Villains also inherit rulership or companies too. Villains don't work hard.

Invisible Codger

Firlodge_3
GaijinGuy36
marshmallowcreampie
Moral Gutpunch
NikkouNew

((I can't see why someone would want them IRL, imagine if they pooped on the bride's dress. xp ))

((I've always wondered about doves. Do you have to collect them afterwards? What if they eat the rice thrown? Aren't the locals going to complain about a ravenous swarm of doves?))

((I saw an episode of Cake Boss where they made a multi-layer wedding cake, but one of the layers had a plastic box. They put two doves in it and released them during the reception, but it was an indoor reception and they said they were going to return the birds to the pet store when they were done. So I dunno...))

There must be a wedding ring, and it must be the biggest, gaudiest diamond the man could find. Even if he has to save for years to afford it! Even if the woman insists that she doesn't need a fancy ring, she really does secretly want it and if he doesn't get it, he's either cheap or doesn't love her. (most likely both)

Remember, men! If the ring doesn't cost you five years' salary or a second mortgage on the house, you don't love her, never did, and should be ashamed of yourself for toying with the poor dear's heart in the first place.

No heirlooms then?

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Firlodge_3
Firlodge_3
GaijinGuy36
marshmallowcreampie
Moral Gutpunch
NikkouNew

((I can't see why someone would want them IRL, imagine if they pooped on the bride's dress. xp ))

((I've always wondered about doves. Do you have to collect them afterwards? What if they eat the rice thrown? Aren't the locals going to complain about a ravenous swarm of doves?))

((I saw an episode of Cake Boss where they made a multi-layer wedding cake, but one of the layers had a plastic box. They put two doves in it and released them during the reception, but it was an indoor reception and they said they were going to return the birds to the pet store when they were done. So I dunno...))

There must be a wedding ring, and it must be the biggest, gaudiest diamond the man could find. Even if he has to save for years to afford it! Even if the woman insists that she doesn't need a fancy ring, she really does secretly want it and if he doesn't get it, he's either cheap or doesn't love her. (most likely both)

Remember, men! If the ring doesn't cost you five years' salary or a second mortgage on the house, you don't love her, never did, and should be ashamed of yourself for toying with the poor dear's heart in the first place.

No heirlooms then?

Only if you have o fight to get it. Or if it's the last thing you have from your dead family whom you've sworn to avenge.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Firlodge_3

No heirlooms then?

Only if the heirloom isn't crazy valuable.

Dapper Lunatic

11,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
It is demanded that there be at least one female character who is better than the boys in every which way, stunningly good looking and sassier than sass with a side of sass. Who's every other line had better be a witty quip just to show how sassy she is and you had better believe she is the leader of something.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Mock Persona
It is demanded that there be at least one female character who is better than the boys in every which way, stunningly good looking and sassier than sass with a side of sass. Who's every other line had better be a witty quip just to show how sassy she is and you had better believe she is the leader of something.

You don't need a reason for her to be there.

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I_Write_Ivre
Mock Persona

Obviously, her snarkiness would be her reason. Isn't that enough?

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
GaijinGuy36
I_Write_Ivre
Mock Persona

I thought her reason was to show how useless the other characters were despite her never doing anything to affect the plot.

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
DarknessofHeavenandDreams
GaijinGuy36
I_Write_Ivre
Mock Persona

I thought her reason was to show how useless the other characters were despite her never doing anything to affect the plot.

Okay, that's two. xd

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Legally allowing abortion is purely about hating religion. It has nothing to do with health.

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Main characters should always have liberal views, even in the most unlikely of times (medieval era) and places (a royal monarch). War is bad and evil and never a matter of national pride, trying to defend your scant resources or ensure your family grows up under a rule you consider agreeable. Any political figures who are rich must disagree with war, otherwise they are evil war-mongers.

Wolves are always necessary. Always.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Rotsab M. Hyolf
Main characters should always have liberal views, even in the most unlikely of times (medieval era) and places (a royal monarch). War is bad and evil and never a matter of national pride, trying to defend your scant resources or ensure your family grows up under a rule you consider agreeable. Any political figures who are rich must disagree with war, otherwise they are evil war-mongers.

Wolves are always necessary. Always.

People should always stand up and fight for what they believe. War is bad.

A character should be independent and strong-willed. Romance and relying on others is good.

Wishing, hoping, and believing are pointless. Having faith in yourself, others, and that things will get better is good.

It is selfish to think you can fully express the plight of others when not only you have not faced such hardships, but never will. Understanding minds, places, and events we've never known is a sign of a good storyteller.

((I think I hurt my brain))
When the hero gets into an argument, they always must sound be the best at arguing their point. Two sides should never ever have rational reasons for their oposing beliefs, because obviously one of them is wrong and is an idiot for being wrong.

An argument should go like this...

Villain states his views.
Hero makes a logical and reasonable argument which invalidates those views.
Either the villain gets angry and resorts to yelling and/or physical violence, or they make a borderline insane rebuttal that baffles the hero with it's stupidity.

Questionable Streaker

DarknessofHeavenandDreams
GaijinGuy36
I_Write_Ivre
Mock Persona

In a major war that will happen at the end, she shall either die at the beginning and pour her heart out to the closest character, or die at the end after giving her life for MC. All sarky characters are only like that to cover up their harrowing childhood and/or love for another character!

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
SweetTeaCat
When the hero gets into an argument, they always must sound be the best at arguing their point. Two sides should never ever have rational reasons for their oposing beliefs, because obviously one of them is wrong and is an idiot for being wrong.

An argument should go like this...

Villain states his views.
Hero makes a logical and reasonable argument which invalidates those views.
Either the villain gets angry and resorts to yelling and/or physical violence, or they make a borderline insane rebuttal that baffles the hero with it's stupidity.

All heroes are good at debate ((I doubt this even more, given how poorly people can write in the WF))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff