Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

How do you try to improve your writing?

I try to avoid old, stupid things. 0.17514040792196 17.5% [ 2370 ]
I add new things. 0.1472805202483 14.7% [ 1993 ]
A combination of both (if one more than the other, pick it). 0.67757907182974 67.8% [ 9169 ]
Total Votes:[ 13532 ]

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
marshmallowcreampie
I am The Compendium

It was put up by 'the man' who doesn't want kids to have fun.

Or discover the secret portal in the attic that leads to a magical world full of adventure! emotion_awesome See, this guy wants to use it for science and/or profit, both of which are EVUL!

Because he doesn't share (your MC doesn't have to because they're meant to find it) and because neither of those are fun.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I am The Compendium
marshmallowcreampie
I am The Compendium

It was put up by 'the man' who doesn't want kids to have fun.

Or discover the secret portal in the attic that leads to a magical world full of adventure! emotion_awesome See, this guy wants to use it for science and/or profit, both of which are EVUL!

Because he doesn't share (your MC doesn't have to because they're meant to find it) and because neither of those are fun.

Your MC must obsess over hiding the secret world because everyone else is corrupt. This applies for anything, like finding an alien or secret creature, because the evil government would totally want to kill and dissect it. It's not like they could learn more by keeping it alive, especially if it's their only specimen. And they totally don't have any concept of rights for sentient non-humans who can clearly speak and use reason.

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
marshmallowcreampie

Your MC must obsess over hiding the secret world because everyone else is corrupt. This applies for anything, like finding an alien or secret creature, because the evil government would totally want to kill and dissect it. It's not like they could learn more by keeping it alive, especially if it's their only specimen. And they totally don't have any concept of rights for sentient non-humans who can clearly speak and use reason.

Yeah, the government would not be interested in exclusive trade rights or convincing the alien to tell it's native homeworld not to attack.

On that note, one earth has countries. All other planets have a single ruler.

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
I am The Compendium
marshmallowcreampie

Yeah, the government would not be interested in exclusive trade rights or convincing the alien to tell it's native homeworld not to attack.

And the government wouldn't be interested in learning about their home-world's natural resources that could be bought/traded either, even if there is a serious decline in our own.

The single ruler of the planet must be a tyrant as well, so your MC can waltz in all space opera style and usurp him/her overthrow them and take over.

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Misuki Marishima

The single ruler of the planet must be a tyrant as well, so your MC can waltz in all space opera style and usurp him/her overthrow them and take over.

Because a god guy as a tyrant isn't bad at all. Your MC is the loophole to all principles.

Nuclear Werewolf

I am The Compendium
And a single language/culture/ethnicity/race. Anything more than that and it gets too complicated.

It's not like an alien culture could make it into space without undergoing some kind of Unification, assuming there were slightly different groups to begin with.

Everyone wears the same style hat in outer space.

Different flavors of the same kind of alien could only evolve on separate planets, after all.

((*stares at Romulans/Vulcans*))
Alberic of Krufton

Different flavors of the same kind of alien could only evolve on separate planets, after all.

((*stares at Romulans/Vulcans*))

((They're actually related. Why Betazoids look human is beyond me, though.))

Nuclear Werewolf

The Phoenix Rises Again
((I know they have a common ancestor, but I was trying to make the point that the only reason they became two different "species" is because of extreme geographical distance. Sub-populations, what?))

((Limited budgets and special effects. Bam.))

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Alberic of Krufton
The Phoenix Rises Again
((I know they have a common ancestor, but I was trying to make the point that the only reason they became two different "species" is because of extreme geographical distance. Sub-populations, what?))

((Limited budgets and special effects. Bam.))

((They're races or sub-species. They can interbreed.))

Nuclear Werewolf

DarknessofHeavenandDreams
Alberic of Krufton
The Phoenix Rises Again

((They're races or sub-species. They can interbreed.))
((Hence the quotes. Though I wonder how fine the lines are between species and such, since Spock is half-human...))

You can have half-and-half hybrids of anything, biology be damned.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Alberic of Krufton

And they are viable offspring.

Nuclear Werewolf

Alberic of Krufton
And they can have oodles of little babies of their own someday, because it's cool to mix and match as many species as possible. 3nodding

Also, hybrids never suffer from any strange genetic quirks. Like gigantism, or dwarfism. ((See ligers and pumapards, respectively.))

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Alberic of Krufton
Alberic of Krufton
And they can have oodles of little babies of their own someday, because it's cool to mix and match as many species as possible. 3nodding

Also, hybrids never suffer from any strange genetic quirks. Like gigantism, or dwarfism. ((See ligers and pumapards, respectively.))

While no one questions how a hybrid is possible, your MC must suffer discrimination (name-calling) for it.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Earth is totally lame. Establish this by your character going on and on about how the alternate dimension or magical world or other planet they go to is SO GREAT AND AMAZING, while they're totally bored and junk when they're on Earth.

((Earth is totally underrated. cat_crying ))
this entire thread is such a circle-jerk for people who are actually using it only as a distraction away from actually becoming a writer of any import

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff