Welcome to Gaia! ::

HELP ME PLEASE!

okay so I'm attempting to write a detective whodunit and I'm having trouble designing new `average Joe on the street` background characters (they all come out the same with little variation) and desperately need you guys's help. also your answers do not need to be socially acceptable/desirable (it would be a great help if some of you make at least one total arsehole character for me)

so from each of you I need:
-a gender
-an age
-an animal/bird/insect...whatever (i'm a furry, guilty as charged)
-body type (thin/fat/big boobs/tall/short you know the drill)
-a main personality trait (happy/nervous/condescending...)
-two habits, one good, one bad
-one key piece of back story (likes comics/ father is a drunk/ is an only child)
-one thing they will always lie about (age/weight/having siblings)
-one thing they cant lie about (...)
-what college clique would they belong to (fasionistas/goths/nerds/geeks/skaters/punks/jocks/artists/delinquent gang)
-what college club(s) would they belong to (film/track and field/d&d/acting/photography)
-one personal passion (baking/singing/costume making...)
-one vastly unachievable life goal (to be a millionaire/ be famous/ be a rockstar)
-one plausible life goal (to have kids/ to own a cottage in the countryside/ to clear their depts)
-and one secret they would never tell anyone (hides w*** in their little sister's piggy bank/ closet homosexual/ father to an illegitimate child/ cheats on their partner)

the next ones are optional:
-one or more disability/illness (needs glasses/ bi-polar/ knee injury...)
-their view on homosexuality and why (personal reason/ religion/ peer pressure/ social effect)
-how would they react to their (theoretical) daughter bringing a boy home?

if anyone replies, thankyou so much because you're a massive help to me. And please use this writing tool as guilelessly as i am to cherry pick characters for your own literary exploits.

Invisible Codger

This might be of help?
Souxjin
HELP ME PLEASE!

okay so I'm attempting to write a detective whodunit and I'm having trouble designing new `average Joe on the street` background characters (they all come out the same with little variation) and desperately need you guys's help. also your answers do not need to be socially acceptable/desirable (it would be a great help if some of you make at least one total arsehole character for me)

I'm bored and have a few minutes to spare, so why not?

Souxjin
so from each of you I need:
-a gender
-an age
-an animal/bird/insect...whatever (i'm a furry, guilty as charged)
-body type (thin/fat/big boobs/tall/short you know the drill)
-a main personality trait (happy/nervous/condescending...)
-two habits, one good, one bad
-one key piece of back story (likes comics/ father is a drunk/ is an only child)
-one thing they will always lie about (age/weight/having siblings)
-one thing they cant lie about (...)
-what college clique would they belong to (fasionistas/goths/nerds/geeks/skaters/punks/jocks/artists/delinquent gang)
-what college club(s) would they belong to (film/track and field/d&d/acting/photography)
-one personal passion (baking/singing/costume making...)
-one vastly unachievable life goal (to be a millionaire/ be famous/ be a rockstar)
-one plausible life goal (to have kids/ to own a cottage in the countryside/ to clear their depts)
-and one secret they would never tell anyone (hides w*** in their little sister's piggy bank/ closet homosexual/ father to an illegitimate child/ cheats on their partner)

- hermaphrodite.
- 33 years, 9 months, 2 days, 15 hours, 6 minutes, and 21 seconds
- (birds and insects are animals) wolf-trap anglerfish mixed with gejigeji
- between four and five feet tall, not thin or muscular, but not overly heavy
- lazy
- washes their hands at all the right times to do so. chews on fingernails
- I don't know anything about the world or culture of the beings that populate your story, so I'm not going to answer this
- anything related to using the toilet
- nothing
- I have zero experience with cliques, so I have no idea. Is the list you provided a complete one? Is there a list with explanations of them that I can look at? What if the character fits into more than one? Or doesn't fit perfectly? What if he/she doesn't fit into any? Why would this matter?
- There are an enormous amount of clubs one can join on or off a collage campus. I refuse to look through possibly thousands just to pick out a couple.
- Why just one? And what's a passion? Just something they like? Can they be good or bad at it? Can they use it for employment?
- Why? Not everyone has one of these. What if the character I'm making for you just doesn't have one?
- Why? Like before, not everyone has a life goal.
- He/she has an underground dungeon/shelter/bunker they built in a secret location in a forest for when the apocalypse happens. The less people who know about it the better.

Souxjin
the next ones are optional:
-one or more disability/illness (needs glasses/ bi-polar/ knee injury...)
-their view on homosexuality and why (personal reason/ religion/ peer pressure/ social effect)
-how would they react to their (theoretical) daughter bringing a boy home?

- Missing a finger. Wait, does this species have fingers? Antenna/tentacle/fin/etc. You get the idea.
- neutral.
- hard to have a daughter when this fictional species is are hermaphrodites, but I suppose he/she would start making wedding plans? Because I'm making up sh*t as I go and thought you wanted unusual stuff.

Souxjin
if anyone replies, thankyou so much because you're a massive help to me. And please use this writing tool as guilelessly as i am to cherry pick characters for your own literary exploits.

No need. Compared to the other character trait things I've found, this is tiny. Using the other ones, plus a bit of input from folks in this forum, I've made my own character sheet that works best for me 3nodding
Turnilk
Because I'm making up sh*t as I go and thought you wanted unusual stuff.

No need. Compared to the other character trait things I've found, this is tiny. Using the other ones, plus a bit of input from folks in this forum, I've made my own character sheet that works best for me 3nodding

thankyou, yes this is a very short and by no means comprehensive list of traits but it's only to build a stock of side characters that have regular passive interaction with the main group yet dont interfere with the plot e.g. cafe staff, bar tenders and alike. i needed some core profiles to beef out those characters so the story doesn't go stale when they're in the room. these lists arent for anything else than to figure out how a character moves and reacts to certain comments/stimulus

example: your character is a loner, prefers their own company so gets tetchy and comes across as neurotic and sometimes aloof when subjected to social situations. they sometimes drop things due to a damaged fin, this has lead them to avoiding activities if they feel at all uncertain about if they'll succeed first time. this has further effects of systematicly denying non essential plans/dreams in order to avoid dissapointment. overall shy but becomes very confident in arguements/debates where the oppotunity arises to disprove someone on any matter

and you're quite right, i did want abnormal characters and you have done that perfectly
Souxjin
thankyou, yes this is a very short and by no means comprehensive list of traits but it's only to build a stock of side characters that have regular passive interaction with the main group yet dont interfere with the plot e.g. cafe staff, bar tenders and alike. i needed some core profiles to beef out those characters so the story doesn't go stale when they're in the room. these lists arent for anything else than to figure out how a character moves and reacts to certain comments/stimulus

example: your character is a loner, prefers their own company so gets tetchy and comes across as neurotic and sometimes aloof when subjected to social situations. they sometimes drop things due to a damaged fin, this has lead them to avoiding activities if they feel at all uncertain about if they'll succeed first time. this has further effects of systematicly denying non essential plans/dreams in order to avoid dissapointment. overall shy but becomes very confident in arguements/debates where the oppotunity arises to disprove someone on any matter

and you're quite right, i did want abnormal characters and you have done that perfectly

I really just put in the weirdest things I thought of. Got the animals from a horrifying creatures list, because anyone could go with cute and fluffy, and randomized everything else, while leaning to the abnormal side of things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff