Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tell me, is this genre a good one to write with?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is better or worse than Science-fantasy? I'm *attempting* to write a story and I can't start until I get the better of these two genres.

800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
its good, and its pretty easy, but you get used to it after a while
...I'm terribly sorry, but we can't really tell you which is easier for you to write because, guess what, we're not you. Write whichever genre you feel more comfortable with.
Like they said. Write whatever you feel the best about. If you want to write a sci-fi go for it. Don't hold yourself back in your writing. 3nodding
Make it consistent within the premise that you establish. (No unexplained contradictions of the elements that make the piece s/f.)
"Genre" is just another word for "limit", in my opinion. Leave the genres behind and just tell a good story.
I love the Sci-Fi genre, well, in art at least. I think it would be interesting in a story too. 3nodding
it really matters what your more intrested in and have more ideas for
Hmmm, that's guys, you were REALLY helpful.

Sci-Fi, here I come!

Wheezing Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Friendly 100
neutral why would it be bad?
personally i like fantasy better because i'm more into mythical stuff. i've written one sci fi (and it;s my baby whee ) but, too me, Sci-fi's futuristic. if you like writing that kinda stuff, knock the socks off it. but don't do something thats cliche-d that gets old real fast. 3nodding
sci-fi is really the genre i started in, so it is a bit easier for me i suppose. it is a fun genre to work with, especially since you can work with different planets and such (as opposed to countries with fantasy). the two are really similar if you break them down.
Edin
Hmmm, that's guys, you were REALLY helpful.

Sci-Fi, here I come!

Well then, from one Sci Fi writer to another... good luck biggrin And you know what? The best thing about being a writer is you can experiment to find your own niche. Write some Sci Fi...write some Sci Fantasy or just High Fantasy...or Horror... whatever makes you happy. My first novel was Science Fiction, but my current one I'm working on is High Fantasy.... Let yourself run with it and above all else, enjoy yourself.

Newbie Noob

Just write what you want, and let the publishers worry about which genre it falls under. You may invent one. wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff