Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Receiver

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I figured this topic would grab some attention, Anyways Im in college and I have to write a 5-10 page research paper, and its for philosophy.
My question was how do you fluff up these essays and make them super long? Somehow I have to write a page about the definition of rationalism and empiricism. How the heck do I turn a paragraph into a page without filling it with a bunch of unnecessary stuff I could get points off for?

Thanks if you bother to even help me with this.. any of you.

Beloved Lunatic

What you might try is on top of just writing and explaining the definitions of rationalism and epmpiriscism you could thrown in a relenvant exampe of both and discuss the reasions of why it is what it is.
Latent Memories
I figured this topic would grab some attention, Anyways Im in college and I have to write a 5-10 page research paper, and its for philosophy.
My question was how do you fluff up these essays and make them super long? Somehow I have to write a page about the definition of rationalism and empiricism. How the heck do I turn a paragraph into a page without filling it with a bunch of unnecessary stuff I could get points off for?

Thanks if you bother to even help me with this.. any of you.

If you can find subtopics in the topic, you can make a paragraph to a page out of each specific subtopic. I don't personally know anything about philosophy cause I've never taken that class, but I'm sure its like any other paper. Thats about as much help as I can be smile
Examples, history and origins of them, how they differ from other schools of thought, how have they evolved over time, what social or political conditions brought them about?, are there any philosophies that have grown out of them? Do they have any sub categories? ... You really do have a lot to work with.

Beloved Lunatic

10,500 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
I am going to agree with these three lovely girls; you have plenty to work with. The truth is that five pages is virtually around about 2000 words. That really isn't that many. If you want your essay to be meaningful and to flow properly, make sure that you have five parts to every paragraph: a topic sentences at the beginning, a sentence that works as a thesis--to narrow the topic you have introduced into specific ideas, a few sentences that create an image of your topic or give your points, an analysis of your points or what you had in the previous few sentences (This is the most important part), and a conclusion that wraps up your paragraph and leaves room for transition into your next topic.
With a research paper, it is very common to give some background on the topic you wish to discuss. Giving the history is the best way to draw a reader in and you want to make sure that you do that with any paper you write. Professors read hundreds of papers, and if you really want to get a good grade, make sure you grab their attention right away.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff