Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Explorer

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
Endrael
Captain Jessie Hawk

Ah, see, that's perfectly understandable. Life has a tendency of getting in the way, and that does change the course of action needed for getting writing done. In your case, usually the best course is just set aside time for getting writing done, which is easier said than done at times. Have you tried changing what you use for writing, maybe a different sort of computer than what you use for work, or even so far as switching to pen/cil-and-paper? May not be doable or work at all, but it could be worth the attempt.

I have not tried that yet, but that could possibly help, at that point when I'm not as tired from sitting in front of a computer I can easily transfer it over. I should maybe try that, or at least jot down notes to make other chapters easier to breeze through at a later point. At work it is a bit hard, it is a call center so I am on the phone and on the computer all day other than my break times.

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Writer's block is a thing. Listing its causes does not make it cease to be a thing.

Dapper Genius

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trader 100
  • Hygienic 200
writer's block happens when your brain runs out of ideas. it's not like you literally "can't" write - you just can't think of anything worth writing.

Witty Phantom

I think writer's block exists.

Sometimes you're just at a loss for a moment. You can't think of what should happen next or maybe that's just me.

When that happens, I just chill around and think "well what if..." and usually that helps me figure out which direction I want to take

5,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Member 100
  • Profitable 100
Writers block, I guess, is just a matter of opinion, some people are motivated to write, some have difficulty. I'm sure there are plenty of published authors out there that have been through dry periods, and experienced lack of inspiration.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff