Yes. 0.36666666666667 36.7% [ 11 ]
No. 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 2 ]
Door #4 0.56666666666667 56.7% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Eloquent Sex Symbol

wahmbulance QUOTES FOR 26/27/28 wahmbulance

Quote:
"Everyone needs a therapist, even the therapist need their own. Everybody has issues, it's just too damn sad that only a few can afford it."
- DamnBlackHeart

Quote:
"I suppose I'll wait and see just how the fire spreads."
- theramblinggirl

Quote:
"If my life was a flame, my past is a match and my future is ablaze."
- Illustrated Illusionist

Kendra Rosewood's Husband

Celestial Mystic

Well, I finished with 50,407 words. But I only used a couple quotes. I loved the idea, but I forgot to come here often and then I had my breakdown so I completely forgot about them. Maybe I'll try again next time. Thanks for this thread and challenge!

Shadowy Senshi

Quote 23 - Gonna see how many of these I can get in today. I'm not feeling half of them though, I have no idea what to do with them gonk

"Why - why did you come back?" The second half rushed out of her mouth, "Not like, why are you here, but, why, when you have the world to explore. New powers at your disposal. Why would you come back to this tiny sea side village? Why reveal yourself to me?"

She wasn't sure if she was asking for selfish reasons or if she was genuinely curious.

Nat leaned her forhead against Cass's thigh as she looked up at the other girl.

"I needed someone to know. Life can be a story that never gets told. A story that can change lives and people. But if it is never told, then it fades away like ink in a book too old. I didn't want to just fade away from your life. I want to be remembered, I want people do know about the gift of the ocean." Natalia held up her webbed hand looking at the virescent tint that had crept into her skin.

"You're... you're not staying then, are you?" Cassandra had known that it couldn't last forever. A love story between a maiden on the shore and her fish girl.

Shadowy Senshi

Okay, squeezed 4 into a 2k word story. These will probably be my last ones for the month. It's been fun! (And super challenging!)

Quote 20

“Can’t catch anything, they’re scaring the fish off, or telling them to stay away. Whatever it is that mermaids do.”

Fennick clenched his hands behind his back. These mermaids had set up a blockade all along the coast. They’d sabotage any vessel trying to leave. Drain they fuel tanks, pull sailors overboard. Their manipulation of the water of a tremendous source of agony. Whatever they could do they were doing it. And now it looked like they were trying to starve them out too.

“I just want to save everyone and I don't know how." He stared out at the open water, where the river merged into the ocean. Even with his eyes fixed on the same location for hours he was only able to get quick glimpses of passing merfolk. They hardly stopped moving.

Quote 21

"I can see you’re trying to make some sort of plan to break the line. No one has made progress in the last week. It doesn’t have to be you. Do not mistake recklessness for courage. "Fearless" is simply another term for stupid."

“That sounds a little like insubordination.” Fennick said, fighting back a smile.

“Only a fearless person would say so.”

This time Fennick didn’t fight the smile but let it spread across his face. “I think we can be the ones to finally break it, Adler. Someone needs to be the first. Why not us?”

Yes, I named a character after BlueJay Adler xD

Quote 22

“All the more reason to not give up. I was speaking with Karl and I think we may have come up with something, but it’s risky.”

“That man’s life is a patchwork of lies.” Fennick didn’t have to turn around to see the scowl in Adler’s voice.

“That may be true, but he’s one of the most respected oceanographer on the coast. He’s been at sea a lot. He’s dealt with merfolk before.”

“Not exactly is the best ways though.” Alder added casually. They both had heard Karl talk about his exploits of merfolk in the past. His acts, plus those of hundreds of others were one of the reasons why they were in this tense standoff with the mer population.

Quote 27

“Why did he do that, what’s going on!?”

“He’s lit the oil we leaked out earlier today. It should have settled in their main gathering area.
Now I suppose I'll wait and see just how the fire spreads. Then once the surface is inhabitable for them we’ll sail straight through.”

The flare hit the surface of the water and all around it burst into flames. The fire raced out in all directions, following the path of the unseen oil. The horizon became so bright it was difficult to watch. But now they could see ther merfolk, diving and swimming away in all directions. Screaming in their strange aquatic voices.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff