Yes. 0.36666666666667 36.7% [ 11 ]
No. 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 2 ]
Door #4 0.56666666666667 56.7% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

Updated. xd
AurinJade's cameo (Jade) with bonus cameos from W00FlE (Chien) and Lykashii (Kashi).

preface: the protagonist has just had a baby, and is a bit woozy from some drugs someone slipped her while she was busy coping with not having an epidural

“Let me see her,” Melinda mumbled, but she said it in English. She tried again in her badly-broken Xiang, but Yun didn’t seem to hear her. Her arms ached, tired as she was, to cradle that little girl in her arms.

“She is beautiful,” Yun repeated. Melinda heard the splash of water; Yun was bathing and swaddling the still-crying baby.

“She’s hungry,” Melinda said, this time in Xiang, and this time loud enough to be heard. “Let me nurse her.”

It was an American voice that answered, in stern English. “That won’t be necessary, Agent May.” One of the Westerners stepped into the lamplight. She wore a suit, as did the two associates who stood just behind her.

“No!” Melinda struggled up to sitting. Her loose sleeping shift and the blanket beneath her were soaked with blood and placenta, but she paid them no heed. She still felt drowsy from whatever they had given her, but she would go down fighting. This was her child, her mistake, and her responsibility. “You can’t have her,” she said in English, trying to sound authoritative.

“Oh, of course not,” said the American woman. “But neither can you. Chien, Kashi, I think Miss May needs to rest. She’s been through an awful lot lately.”

Rage and adrenaline surged through Melinda, and she felt no pain, no fatigue, only hot, seething resentment. She launched herself at the American woman, but her muscles were out of practice, and her form was sloppy. Chien and Kashi restrained her easily, and one jabbed her with a syringe. The world spun and blurred, but Melinda fought. “Jade?” asked the one without the syringe.

“Take her away,” Jade said. “You know where to go.”

As Chien—or maybe it was Kashi—dragged Melinda out of the small house, she heard Jade shriek at the other, “Where the hell’s the kid?” The angry American woman stormed out, grabbed Melinda from Chien’s grip, and repeated the question in Melinda’s face at a low growl. Melinda grinned. Jade slapped Melinda across the face, and the dark night went darker.

Kendra Rosewood's Husband

Celestial Mystic

I got the first quote worked into my story.

Rage flashed through his face, so quickly that he didn’t think she had noticed, before he returned, “Your information must be old, my lady. Both of my older brothers have married, and the oldest is expecting his first child in a few months. That is, if you don’t include the wretched thing that came out of his plaything. I think it was a boy, but he does like to butcher them a bit before he throws them away. Maybe he kept it’s genitals as a memento for it’s mother. Those lower class whores grow so attached to their spawn!”

Rose grabbed him by the shirt front and actually lifted the taller man off his feet, slamming him to the ground. She crouched over him, murder in her eyes.

"We are but mere mortals, therefore we have no bounds to decide who lives and dies with such trivial matters." she roared as loud as a lion.

Darren actually blanched again, as the rage dripped off of Rose, like a spring rainstorm. He actually, for the first time in his life, worried for his continued existence.

Ruthless Singing

"We're all going to hell for this and I'm leading the way."

I love this so much, and I can't use it yet...

Eloquent Sex Symbol

Hey woof;- Just letting you know I'm picking a random quote to put on my blog for today because it's nearly midnight for me and it won't be the quote of the day otherwise XD

Hope that's okay <3

Wicked Nymph

19,900 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Lykashii
Hey woof;- Just letting you know I'm picking a random quote to put on my blog for today because it's nearly midnight for me and it won't be the quote of the day otherwise XD

Hope that's okay <3

Little typo error in the quote. You put it his signals, instead of if his signals.

Eloquent Sex Symbol

x-BelleDameSansMerci-x
Lykashii

Hope that's okay <3

Little typo error in the quote. You put it his signals, instead of if his signals.
Ah thanks! I copied and pasted it D: I should have been more careful XD

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

Updated. Sorry it's late and stuff.

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

There, I did something that relates to this challenge.

Code-name WAKE was a normal human who was injected with a prototype drug that would allow a user to use superhuman powers, however, it distorted their brain function, physical appearance, and altered their personality. In the midst of the briefing, it went on a rampage, ripping apart the room, and then the floor. Its strength was increased and any attempts to control it only enraged it further.

It was finally dispatched by tearing itself apart, literately. Dickson reported, before he was obtained, that upon seeing its own reflection, it gained an alternate personality. He referred to this as the Jekyll-Hyde persona. Dickson was fired, removed from the premises and imprisoned for life in solitude.

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

Another success!

“Yeah, I do.” Julian cut me off. “They did the same things to me. Dickson did the same things to me.” I couldn’t say anything against that. I was silent. “That’s why I chose to volunteer for this assignment. Dickson has already done the same and worse to others, and I can’t just sit by and let it happen if there is something I can do about it.”

Again, I had nothing to say. Julian was just that type. Probably why he had such a diverse group around him. But what he said had a point. It made me feel guilty about my decision. Another talent of his, and one he didn’t know about. I chewed on my lip as I thought of something to say.

In the end I just sighed. “Why must you needlessly complicate things?”

Shadowy Senshi

I got in the line from day 2 and my Aurin cameo!

“Remember that you need to yell ‘For Trivann!’ when we attack.”

“We’re still doing that?” Aurin asked in mild annoyance, tired of the old games.

“We need to keep up the façade, our fabricated existence gives us as an extra mystical edge. You can smell the guilt on the humans, smell the ones who are innocent and which one deserves to die. Trivann didn’t deserve to be flattened into the earth. Those who flattened it do.” Crissa gripped the long underwater tree root with anger over a crime committed nearly a hundred years ago.

“Why must you needlessly complicate everything?” Aurin protested. “Let’s just get to the ambush. I want to watch the light face from their pretty eyes as I pull them into the water.” Aurin wove her long scaled body between the legs of the mangrove trees. Her blond hair suspended like an eerie, glowing crown above her head.

“It’s not a complication, it’s tradition.”

“Besides,” Shiau came forward out of the clouded brown water that surrounded them “the Trivannians were kind to us. They feared us properly. None of this “patrolling” of the border these Amoretti want to play at. It’s insulting.”

As she moved the settlement on the floor of the basin rose up into small clouds. Debris floated upwards or rested suspended and waterlogged. Plants, insects, bones and the rare human trinket. Strange things found their way into the swamp only to be never seen again.

Shadowy Senshi

This one is going to have to be a judgement call on your part Woof. I changed the quote a fair bit because I gave it to a god to say so I felt the need to refine the language a bit. Feel free to not except it if it's been changed too much! (or award less points, I'm not really sure how you're judging things in the end!)

Pimniq was still confused, she remained silent, afraid to say something that would anger the goddess.

“Are you married child?”

“No. I don’t want to be married.”

“Neither did I.” Pimniq wasn’t sure if Sedna said this as a warning or as promise. “I married because I loved my father. I loved my father and hated the crow. But my father was the one who killed me.”

From the place where they rested on her lap Sedna raised her hands, letting her long, wide sleeves fall away, revealing her damaged hands. Her fingers had been cut off at the joints, others beaten and bashed so violently that they remained bent as impossible angles.

“I might have been what they called a manipulative, conniving, and selfish person, but I’m the only one who can run this ocean, so you’re forced to bend to my wishes, understand?”

Pimniq remained silent again.

“I didn’t want marriage, didn’t want to have to leave my home, and for a while I convinced my father that this was an okay way to live. Maybe I was selfish to want such trivial freedoms. But the other villagers convinced my father that it wasn’t right to have an unmarried daughter. And so my story began.” Sedna let her hands be hidden by her sleeves again as they returned to her lap.

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

Mors Full points; you kept the base and meaning of the quote so it's alright.

Shadowy Senshi

Got today's in (quote 6)!

“You have stumbled upon a water spirit, something that only happens to a few select persons in a generation. You should be seeing it as a miracle.”

“I’m not even sure if I’m seeing it at all.”

“Then I’ll tell you what my grandmother used to tell me. ‘The only way to catch a miracle is to believe in it.’

Kayode let out a laught mixed with nervous energy and panic. “I don’t even know what that means.”

The bell that signaled the end of their lunch rang out and Kayode realized that he hadn’t touched any of the food on his tray. He may not understand what the older woman had meant by the words but Kayode was starting to understand that if he didn’t start believing soon he wouldn’t be able to escape the hell he felt like he was living in.

He got through the rest of the day my placing his hand on the mirror in his pocket whenever he got the chance. Letting the weight and texture of it remind him that what he was experiencing was real. The woman was real. The snake was real. Everything that he had seen so far had been real.

Man, I wish the word challenge was going as smoothly as this one for me sweatdrop

BlueJay Adler's Fangirl

Trash Otaku

Jade's cameo.

“Sixteen seconds left; new record.” A female voice said humorously. “You surprise me Intelligence.”

“Mistress I assume.” I panted as I looked around for the voice’s origin.

It came from a wall. A female emerged as part of the wall before becoming her own person. She was as close to nude as she could be while actually wearing cloths. Her blond hair was dim in the light the ally gave off. Her eyes and smile seemed more seductive than anything.

“Where is my sister.” I demanded.

“She’s safe for the moment. Master is having some play time with her.” Mistress sat on a tin trash can and crossed her legs. They were long and the way she positioned them increased the noticeability of her center. She was rather thin. Her tan complexion looked darker in the shade of the ally. “Honestly, I wouldn’t mind some play time with you, but unfortunately, it’s strictly business.”

“I swear, if one hair on her head is out of place-“

“Oh, please.” The female simply waved off the notion. “She’s going to be fine if you hold onto your part of the bargain.”

“And what is my part?” I frowned.

“Simple,” Mistress crossed her legs again. “Stop Dickson.”

“Already planned on it.” My frown deepened.

“Good.” Mistress clapped. “Now, Dickson has taken a dear friend of ours, and we want her back.”

“I can’t guarantee that.” I protested.

“You can if you want to see your sister again.” Mistress turned into a different person for a moment with her threats. “Our friend is, well…Let’s call her General, shall we? We know she’s alive and we know she’s being held by Dickson.” I stayed silent unable to form words. This General had better still be alive and well for me to save. “Finally, our last request is a bit tricky with your history.”

“What is it?” I was almost afraid to ask.

“Mercer Industries is unaware of a, let’s say, revolution.” Mistress crossed her arms. “We want to team up with them in order to, let’s say, as diplomats with the Elder Users who have grown tired of Mercer Industries and their constant interference.”

“You’re kidding…”

“No,” Mistress smiled sweetly. “Agree to do all this, and you will have your sister back before you know it. Refuse and you never see her again.” Her smile turned twisted. “Agree to do it and don’t, your sister will suffer a terrible fate, a fate in which you will have to watch.”

I didn’t bother hesitating, or thinking my options over. I had to get my sister back. “Fine, I’ll do it.” Mistress giggled with pleasure. “Now I want proof of life.”

Mistress stood once more and came closer to me. I fought the urge to back up as best I could. She pat my head like I was a pet before turning away again and walking toward a wall. “In time, my dear little one.”

Before I could say another word, Mistress became one with the wall and disappeared. I cursed in frustration and hit the wall as hard as I could, causing severe pain in my hand. Who the hell were these people?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff