Welcome to Gaia! ::

Muxoid's Significant Otter

Desirable Egg

15,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Super Jumper 500
I started writing a novel based entirely off of a dream I had, stopped writing it for almost 2 years, then recently got back into it. I’m on chapter 29 now, 25k words. My fiancé is reading it and he loves it! He keeps telling me to publish it when I finish, but I have no idea how long that’s going to take

Gracious Ladykiller

10,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
i started my baby for the first time.

the first story i ever came up with, with characters that have stayed with me for a looong time. theres a lot of refreshing i have to do with this story. change names, change points. but, wow. i'm really serious about this, this time. it's actually going to get light. it's really going to be seen.

i'm on the first chapter and so far have only writteb 500 words. but i was staring at that blank page for 3 days and i'm just....excited. wow.

Questionable Prophet

King Kazme

the first story i ever came up with, with characters that have stayed with me for a looong time. theres a lot of refreshing i have to do with this story. change names, change points. but, wow. i'm really serious about this, this time. it's actually going to get light. it's really going to be seen.

i'm on the first chapter and so far have only writteb 500 words. but i was staring at that blank page for 3 days and i'm just....excited. wow.

That's so exciting!

You totally got this.
What genre are you writing in?

Gracious Ladykiller

10,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
King Kazme

That's so exciting!

You totally got this.
What genre are you writing in?

it's a romance and historical fiction. it's about reincarnation and love with just a whiff of...hm...where do u put paranormal. scifi? it feels weird calling it scifi but there's a bit of that in there too.

I haven't moved on it since this post yet but I might try and work on this later today. I just want to give this baby a chance. I was obsessed with this story in my teenage years-- it's what made me want to do art.

I think the hardest part for me is grooming out the anime influence. like with their looks. it's more like a slice of life. they take place in the real world. as well as calming things down from my childhood self.

Questionable Prophet

King Kazme

it's a romance and historical fiction. it's about reincarnation and love with just a whiff of...hm...where do u put paranormal. scifi? it feels weird calling it scifi but there's a bit of that in there too.

I haven't moved on it since this post yet but I might try and work on this later today. I just want to give this baby a chance. I was obsessed with this story in my teenage years-- it's what made me want to do art.

I think the hardest part for me is grooming out the anime influence. like with their looks. it's more like a slice of life. they take place in the real world. as well as calming things down from my childhood self.

Sounds like an interesting mix. What time period(s) is it set in?

I usually put paranormal in fantasy or horror depending on the feel of it.

I haven't gone back to my teenage project--but, I still think about it so often. I'm unsure how to evel tackle it.

I hope you're able to get some work done!

My Progress:

1/3 of the way through an edit on my WIP. Hoping to get through the other 2/3 soon and then begin preparing to query agents
    「 I've got some progress to report since my last check in. I finished my previous WIP without posting much more about the progress and have since moved on to these two projects.

WIP #1 SCS「 ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌」
    26188/30k (84%)

WIP #2 BDCB「▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌」
    6604/45k (7%)

Should complete WIP1 in a few days and get it prepared to publish over the next few weeks. WPI2 should be done by the end of next month ♥」 User Image

Gracious Ladykiller

10,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
King Kazme

Sounds like an interesting mix. What time period(s) is it set in?

I usually put paranormal in fantasy or horror depending on the feel of it.

I haven't gone back to my teenage project--but, I still think about it so often. I'm unsure how to evel tackle it.

I hope you're able to get some work done!

My Progress:

1/3 of the way through an edit on my WIP. Hoping to get through the other 2/3 soon and then begin preparing to query agents

it takes place both in modern times as well as the 19th dynasty in Ancient Egypt. which is basically around 1279 to 1213 BCE.

i like writing horror. i have one ongoing story i wrote thats very punk/horror. it's such a fun story and i miss writing it. i haven't written for that in like a year,,, but i adore the chars in that story sooooooo much

wow u actually wrote the first draft!! thats incredible news. believe it or not, i'm not that scared of finishing my story. its more like i'm afraid of how my writing will be edited out by line/copy editors...like, all the things that make me have my style might vanish. i plan to go the self publishing route cause i'll just draw my own cover and i want to keep the title of the books i write lol

Questionable Prophet

King Kazme

it takes place both in modern times as well as the 19th dynasty in Ancient Egypt. which is basically around 1279 to 1213 BCE.

i like writing horror. i have one ongoing story i wrote thats very punk/horror. it's such a fun story and i miss writing it. i haven't written for that in like a year,,, but i adore the chars in that story sooooooo much

wow u actually wrote the first draft!! thats incredible news. believe it or not, i'm not that scared of finishing my story. its more like i'm afraid of how my writing will be edited out by line/copy editors...like, all the things that make me have my style might vanish. i plan to go the self publishing route cause i'll just draw my own cover and i want to keep the title of the books i write lol

I feel like I don't see a ton of novels set in ancient Egypt. Did you have to do a lot of research for it?

Horror is one of my loves. I have a horror novel on the back burner rn that I'm hoping to get back to one day.

And yep, rough draft, first draft, 2nd draft, 3rd draft, 4th, 5th, and now the final draft. smile
It was my 2021 NaNo project.

I wouldn't worry too much about editors changing style. I've found feedback super helpful.
Self-publishing is a great option though.

Cozy Sleuth

Good luck with your WIP!

My progress:
Debating if I want to seek a beta reader for my project or if I want to jump into querying.
I'm feeling more the latter than anything.

Gracious Ladykiller

10,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
King Kazme

I feel like I don't see a ton of novels set in ancient Egypt. Did you have to do a lot of research for it?

Horror is one of my loves. I have a horror novel on the back burner rn that I'm hoping to get back to one day.

And yep, rough draft, first draft, 2nd draft, 3rd draft, 4th, 5th, and now the final draft. smile
It was my 2021 NaNo project.

I wouldn't worry too much about editors changing style. I've found feedback super helpful.
Self-publishing is a great option though.

Cozy Sleuth

Good luck with your WIP!

My progress:
Debating if I want to seek a beta reader for my project or if I want to jump into querying.
I'm feeling more the latter than anything.

ancient egypt is my favorite thing. like if i could be an archeologist i would be. the thing about it tho--is new info pops up periodically and u have to keep up with the research. but i know a lot of things, like how the pyramids and statues weren't actually built by slaves. they were workers, and egypt had job systems and it was cool...

i love horror too. its the funnest thing to writem hands down. i love trying to scare people. i live for it actually, which is funny because i do not like intaking horror media of any other kind.

but ooooh im so proud of u...yeah, i haven't broken 1k in my story yet which is really sad. i just havent found the spark for some reason. i'm shocked i started this story at all, but i really want to finish the first draft within a year. and start the self publishing process while i'm still holding my personal website.

Enthusiastic Marshmallow

22,875 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
It has been literally so long since I've been active on Gaia, but a friend not even on the site has dragged me into it....

Anyway I also got back into roleplay recently, but my partner that I've found is maybe the best ever? I've reached new heights with her and it's been amazing.

Currently we have two stories going, one has surpassed 700k words in less than six months and we average like 1000-1500 words per post.

The other is just getting started, but that one's post are averaging 2000-3000 words per post.

So, I guess it's really become more like collaborative writing than just roleplay.

Punkocalypse's Husband

Solar Bloodsucker

9,000 Points
  • Married 100
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I have done no writing today so far, but I have been pecking away at a gift fic for a friend for days. What should have been a 2k 2-chapter fic is turning into what I can only guess will be a total of 5k words by the time I'm done. The second chapter is at 3,697 words and it just keeps growing. I'm hoping to finish it today, but I need to eat, first.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff