Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gonna start writing tomorrow (got work and a birthday dinner today). Got enough to jump in.

Devoted Bookworm

12,750 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Desi -- I think I'd go insane just waiting for replies with nothing else going on. I'm working my way through a MS in what would be the third in the series I'm querying.

Two rejections. Both form rejections. Hopefully someone shows a bit more interest or at least personalizes their rejection. It would be nice to know that I'm attracting some interest, or to hear what it is that I need to change. Unless it's just that the market for vampires is saturated at this point in time and to try again in a year. Could do without that message.

Tipsy Prophet

@Terradi:
Sweet. How many books are going to be in the series?
Fingers crossed for something back. At least you're getting responses fairly quick.

@Gutpunch:
Sweet. Hope the dinner went well? Your birthday?

@Ven:
You shouldn't be too difficult to find someone to look over it for you. At least that's what I imagine, because the internet seems to so saturated with English speakers.

My Progress:
None just yet. But, I've woken up super early today. Will get some writing done pronto.

Devoted Bookworm

12,750 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Desi -- I'm not positive yet. I know where I want the storyline to go and I'm leading towards plot points in the sixth. If it continues past that point there will be a major world shift for a few, then a major world shift again.

If I go that route, it'll be phases of vampires going from being fully in hiding to being fully in public, and the shifts will cover different phases of the world changing. Haven't hinted at that in the story in the first one, really, because I'm just getting the world set up. I think, after this third one, I'm probably going to take a break from this series and go do something else for a little while. If this query falls flat, after all, I'm going to have to find some other story to be my debut novel. I have a fantasy idea or two I'd like to play with that would work better as single stories. Might be the easier thing to submit.

Tipsy Prophet

terradi
Desi -- I'm not positive yet. I know where I want the storyline to go and I'm leading towards plot points in the sixth. If it continues past that point there will be a major world shift for a few, then a major world shift again.

If I go that route, it'll be phases of vampires going from being fully in hiding to being fully in public, and the shifts will cover different phases of the world changing. Haven't hinted at that in the story in the first one, really, because I'm just getting the world set up. I think, after this third one, I'm probably going to take a break from this series and go do something else for a little while. If this query falls flat, after all, I'm going to have to find some other story to be my debut novel. I have a fantasy idea or two I'd like to play with that would work better as single stories. Might be the easier thing to submit.

That sounds like an awesome vampire series. I love the idea of them kind of coming out into the public. You always hear about it, but you don't see the transistion.
Six books is a good number.

I hope someone picks it up. Would you ever consider self-publishing?

Devoted Bookworm

12,750 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
That sounds like an awesome vampire series. I love the idea of them kind of coming out into the public. You always hear about it, but you don't see the transistion.
Six books is a good number.

I hope someone picks it up. Would you ever consider self-publishing?

That plot wouldn't really take off 'till the sixth. But yeah, it's such a common theme and I've seen it done with werewolves, but never with vampires. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun to write, and given that my first book has a lot of vampire politics in it ... I guess this is the sort of insane cluster of chaos that I enjoy. I think it would be a ball to write.

I'd hesitate on self-publishing. To do it well, I'd really have to work hard at promotion and making the right connections, and networking and I am lazy. Easier to have an agent and a publisher and do things the traditional way.

Plus, vampire books come out all the time. TERRIBLE vampire books come out all the time. I've read some of the stuff that passes for acceptable via my local library. Some of it I gave up on really quick because it just read terribly. I can do better than that and they got traditional publishers. It's all about being stubborn and continuing to work at it, I think.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

@Desi -- Yup! I've always been fascinated with how incredibly manipulative and controlling (some) religions can be. I decided to take a bit more fantastical turn with it and meld it with a world of magical and fantasy creatures where the religious aspects (specifically the deities they worship) bend the rules they live by.

@ Ven --- From what I've read from your posts, your English is good enough such that it doesn't seem awkward to read, so I doubt that your 'real' writing is much different. I think it's a really good idea to have a native read it over and make sure you're on the right track, though. (:

Today I've added... 100 words. Pitiful, but still progress.

Quotable Sophomore

2,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Revised chapter six in my novel with two aro/ace characters. It's out of 23 chapters, and the revision notes aren't detailed because my content editor didn't feel the need to tear it apart.

Blessed Genius

10,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
*Bites fingernails* Contest is over on Thursday and I still have so many edits to do!!!

Omnipresent Shapeshifter

Finished chapter thirteen of Specter and started editing chapter two before I post it on Wattpad.

Devoted Bookworm

12,750 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Six rejections out of ten. But I'm at 46k in the WIP and should hit 47k tonight.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff