Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Congrats on hitting the 180 mark!

You work fast, and I wouldn't worry about Screnzy ( script frenzy, right?) those programs are just to get writers writing, and that's what you've been doing.

Thanks. =]

And I'm mostly just frustrated at myself. I've done a lot of Screnzy (yep, Script Frenzy) and WriMos before, but I've just been so busy with other writing projects this month along with school... But thanks for the encouragement. S'nice.

Questionable Prophet

I only did Nano last year, it was fun.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Omigosh. I haven't had black tea in a while, and I just got a cup. It's divine. <3

Desi: Ooh. I hate when technology does that. You think it's your friend, and then it's stabbing you in the back, taking the keys and driving to Vegas to gamble away your college fund... Or something like that.

At least you have a computer now. =3 When I first started writing, I only had access to my mom's computer for maybe an hour or two a night. I remember waiting in bed till everyone was asleep so I could sneak out and write more. Sometimes I think dedication goes up the more challenges are put in our way.

Imperatrix: Sometimes things just happen that way. Getting too busy, I mean. I've only done one year of Screnzy because every other year I'm distracted by other stuff. But as long as you're working on something, the month should be counted a success. =3

My wordcount for the day is a little over 1000, I think. I'm not writing the numbers down, just going by memory. XD At this rate, this is going to be longer than my usual stories, which are already pretty long. Ah well.

Questionable Prophet

I like white and green tea, black not so much.

And I agree with the dedication thing. Now that I have a laptop I don't get as much as I could get done.

Great job keeping up your word count. heart

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
I like most tea, all the colours and herbal stuff. During the summer I'll be growing my own chamomile and mint to brew fresh tea with. =3

This is the most writing I've done this month. It's nice to have a simple, straightforward story instead of one with multiple viewpoints or a crazy style. It also helps that I've been able to stay up late and sleep in. I definitely write better at night.

Questionable Prophet

I've been drinking tea since I was a little kid, but can't grow plants. I kill them with an ease that scares me sometimes.

I got another 500 words done. =]
That leads me to the new beginning of chapter two which I love:
Quote:
My house was a small dark box in-between my neighbors brightly decorated houses. It was Halloween and the island was like Whoville, but on crack.

And I am definitely a night writer as well. I get more peace, quiet, and I just like it more than I do at daytime.
lol Victoria of Aragon Saysx;;
lolololololololololololololololololololo ↘ ↘ ↘

ᆢᆢᆢ x@ Desert ;; I'll have to look into it, then. I just have a terrible habit of forgetting I'm in guilds, so I may not be able to update my progress as quickly as some of the others. That, coupled with the fact that my writing comes in short, erratic bursts, I'll probably feel terribly lacking. -__-;

@ Desi ;; It is better in the long run, to just write and edit later, but it kills me a little on the inside. XD So far I've been making decent enough progress - about 500 words a day, so I guess it's not all bad.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Why did I only just find this place? gonk

I'm in the Post Your Progress guild, which is brilliant for motivation. Hopefully this thread will help too. I've not written anything in a while. >_>

Da Flea: I shamelessly stalked your posts, and I'm glad I did. I thought you were dead. Or, just avoiding me online... XP I'd rather it be the second one.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Victoria: I usually edit a little as I go, like when I can't think of what comes next, I'll edit the previous paragraphs. Otherwise I'm worried I'll reach the end, reread it all and be too disturbed by its pure crappiness. XD

Desi: I'm far, far from the best gardener. Already my peas are dead this year, though I blame the crazy weather for that. But it seems if I plant enough, then something manages to do well. Chamomile did great last year, and the mint's already off to a good start this spring. The catnip (aka catmint) is actually planning world domination, starting with all the rear beds. >_>;

That's a great description. whee

I just realized my story's going to have an incredibly cheesy ending. Oh well. Worry about that when I get there.
Ive been writing a story for a while now, and I think it's coming along quite nicely, so far I've got 18 pages single spaced, not yet edited (I made a promise to myself that I wasn't going to edit or do any nit picky things till it was finished; it kind of kills the creative process and destroys your familiarity with the story, in my opinion anyway)
Problem is, I never have any time! (That's a ******** lie though. Truth is, I've got writer's block combined with fear of the great white page ie, I'm scared to ruin what I've already done)
Haven't written in at least a month or two and I'm afraid to start going again because I may have grown out of touch with my characters, and more importantly, my world.
Ok, done with the virtual diary whining.
If you want to read the rough cut so far, here it is:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/original-stories-prose/horror-story-critique-would-be-greatly-appreciated/t.57679361_16/

ᆢᆢᆢ x@ Flea ;; I would normally write a chapter, and then edit it before moving on to the next one. I just found it to be far too tedious, so I'm trying something new. To say I'm not editing at all would be a lie, because I've reworded a few paragraphs... several times already. XD

@ All ;; Just broke 10K words~ <3 I'm so stoaked, lol.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I'm envious. I just can't seem to find the time to write lately. emo Not to mention, a lot of the people I used to talk to online about my writing problems don't come online at all any more. Either that or they're all avoiding me (equally possible, I'm not around much so it would be easy...)

I am due to start a new novel soon though. After exams. gonk

Da Flea: What are you working on, if you don't mind me asking?

ᆢᆢᆢ xI know how you feel, Psychotic. I used to think being a stay at home mom would give me more time to work on my projects. Oh, how naive I was. sweatdrop

But at least you have people to talk to about your own writing. Most of my friends have sworn off reading my latest work, because... well, they not-so-affectionately refer to it as "teenage angst lulathons." Great friends, eh'?

And, aside from that, I'm sure there are a few people lurking around here in the WF who would be willing to give you some advice and otherwise banter off some ideas with you. ^ ^;;

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I think the problem with the WF in general is a) people don't want to read longer works, and b) they're kind of vague about everything.

Actually, I met a girl recently (who will be living with me next year) who seemed pretty interested in my writing. I wonder how long that will last. xd

Mostly, I struggle to find readers because what I write isn't fantastic. There's a reason I need feedback. dramallama Studying creative writing at university doesn't help much either because I find I have less time to think in between reading for the literature side of my course, and trying to learn grammar rules which apparently I was never taught. Oh, the joys of education.

I'm not too stressed though. When I'm off uni in the summer, there'll be more time to talk to people and more time to write. :3

Questionable Prophet

Hey Psychotic whee
I just started this thread, I wish I would have known about the guild, I feel a bit like a ninny for making a thread with the same title and idea sweatdrop
I was never taught the basics of grammar either. I found the book Grammar Snobs are Great Big Meanies helpful and hilarious.
It's be awesome to have a room mate to be a reader.

I'm not too good at the grammar side of things, but I do beta for people. Everything but fanfiction and present tense and that weird "You" thing. I don't even know what's that's called.

Congrats on the 10K Victoria! whee
I'm not a mom, nor am I going to be ever, but I do have two cats and writing with them is very hard.
It's either they are too adorable for me to not ignore or they are being too annoying for me not to ignore. ( crazy cat woman in the making.)

@Da Flea:
I've killed catmint before. I got it to sprout and I felt like an amazing gardener. I have no excuse for why my tries never grow. I love garden-grown peas, my aunts plant them and they are so yummy.

I hate the idea of cheesy endings, but they always make me go all warm and fuzzy inside.

Hey PurpleShoes :
I took a month away from writing once before. No computer and volunteer work. I was in the country...well country to me. You'd be surprised how fast you can get back into writing.
I'll check that out as soon as I have time.

Geez, I've done more writing in this post than I have done all day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff