Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Streaker

Progress: Bad news: Didn't write anything.
Good news: I FINISHED MY ART BOARD! I DON'T CARE IF I SPENT HALF AN HOUR LYING ON MY BACK TYING FISHING WIRE TO THIS BOARD, I FINISHED IT BEFORE ANYONE ELSE IN MY CLASS EVEN STARTED IT!
Excitement over. Still didn't get any writing done.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Loper:
Blah, it's hard to pin point when things are going to be done.
I use all sorts of "ish" when I'm talking about getting my stuff to him. "Maybe night-ish of next Sunday-ish." Always late getting it to him, and I'm just editing, the 3rd draft too. He's usually late on his stuff as well.

I want to be use to them now. emotion_donotwant
Aw. That sucks. When did you get your glasses?.
True. I guess at the time I'd just come off finishing a chapter in a day and thought I'd power through.
Something tells me my end-of-August deadline for the first draft won't happen.

18 months ago-ish. They're supposed to change every six months.

Sparkly Gekko

Thanks for congratulating me, everyone! I feel all loved and stuff. heart

I plan to take today to write something short, maybe a poem or some flash fiction, and then tomorrow the editing process begins.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Desi: Yes, rework your novel for SuWriMos! =D We need people to join at the moment. :3

Progress: 1 final left, and it's tomorrow. Then packing, doing some dissertation research, moving out, travelling, leaving America and arriving home. And then, SuWriMos. >D

But, as of right now, I'm barely keeping up with the 365 day challenge. There's so much going on in my life right now! D:
@ Desi: My word count is now at 21,219 words. I'm working on getting up to 22,100 by the end of today.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Psychotic Maniacal Sanity

Progress: 1 final left, and it's tomorrow. Then packing, doing some dissertation research, moving out, travelling, leaving America and arriving home. And then, SuWriMos. >D

And then, sometime after all that, there might actually be time for conversation! XP

That 365 thing is a pain. Even doing it every 2 (or sometimes 3 ninja ) days, I still feel like, "OMG, I have to do THAT again?" XD

It's even worse because I've been in a foul mood the past couple days and haven't done hardly anything. The nasty demon of self-doubt is too busy eating my brainmeats. emo

Fashionable Genius

5,100 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
Progress:

I have finished Like a Bullet at 72,796 words pre-editing. Edited chapters: 5 prologue included.
Typed up Chapter 23 of A Shifting of Life.
Added a bit to A Butterfly's Dream before putting it away for now so I can continue to move ahead in my other stories before SuWriMos happen.

I now go play jigsaw.
Finished my AI story today at 3000 words.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Da Flea

Conversation would be so nice. I'm sick of rushing around, packing, saying goodbye to people... I dislike it very much. Also, I'm beginning to agree about the 365 day thing. XD

Wheezing Nerd

8,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
Got a few hundred words in, in Identical. Feels good. Feels real good.

Questionable Prophet

@Diamond:
Sweetness.
A lot of things to play with and tweak. Good luck with it.

@Tsubasa:
A day after my mom's birthday, and two days after my sisters birthday. 3nodding
Sounds doable and it's always good to take time when editing.
Whootness for the the half a page!
That's what editing is for. Chronological order can be difficult sometimes.
Good luck with the drawings!

@Rose:
User Image Congratulations on finishing Like a Bullet!
Congrats on getting to the editing and all that. Any idea what you're going to do for SuWriMo's? Maybe the Butterfly series editing?
Hope the jigsaw went well.

Sweetness for math partners. I have a pretty amazing math teacher, right now.
Wow, how long have you two been working together?

@Loper:
Yay for finishing the art board! Fishing wire sounds like a good edition to anything! Congrats on getting that finished.
You can always get this surge of writing energy when summer hits.
So not too long ago. Every six months sounds expensive.

@Kitsune:
Sweetness. Hope the short piece goes well.
Good luck with the edit tomorrow.

@PMS:
I will sign up for it. emotion_awesome
Good luck on your final! When do you move?

@Michelle:
You've gotten pretty far. OuO
HOpe you got there, seems like a reasonable goal.

@Icehawk:
Great job! OuO
Are you trying to do a certain amount of short stories in a certain time?

Koi19

Hey!
That's amazing. Congratulations on getting back on it. ^^

My Progress:
Nothing. >.<

Intellectual Mage

9,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: KO 200
@Desi: Yeah 3nodding I just hope I'm not sacrificing the story for the fear of it being too long though >.>

Progress: about 20 pages? I don't know, I'm keeping track as much as I should, but I know I have had at least 2 chapters since my last update.
@Desi
And another friend's birthday is the 23rd XD

I think I take so long to edit because I hate it and not for ya know, strategic reasons.

Progress: Page and a...half (?) of the birthdayfic. Took on a betaing project that's already like 5 or 6 chapters already done for me to beta. Because, as I keep reminding myself, I really need about 15 more projects right now /sarcasm

Now that I think about it, I'm volunteering to edit other people's stuff but can't really be bothered to edit my own...

OH AND I FINALLY WATCHED THE HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Questionable Streaker

Progress: A paragraph. Keeping the document open in case ~inspiration hits~
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Loper:
Yay for finishing the art board! Fishing wire sounds like a good edition to anything! Congrats on getting that finished.
You can always get this surge of writing energy when summer hits.
So not too long ago. Every six months sounds expensive.
I'm hoping for a surge of writing when the summer hits. If the first draft isn't done by November, I'm forfeiting NaNo for it.
Nah, it's not really. As an under-18, I get free eye tests every six months and free glasses (to an extent) once a year. I think I get free lenses if I need an substantially different prescription before the year is up too.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

Are you trying to do a certain amount of short stories in a certain time?

Nah. I'd like to keep a steady pace of a story every week or two depending on how busy I am. My goal right now is to mark up a draft every week and read at least a chapter a day. Normally exceed the latter and am steady on the former.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Progress: Been going through the next few chapters, which I originally thought I'd have to rewrite, but I like a lot of what's written there, so now I'm thinking I might keep it, after all.

The problem is a character exists in these scenes that hadn't existed in the plot before now. I have to go back and write him in, but... That means he gets introduced early on in the book and virtually disappears until now. I need at least one other scene with him, somewhere, just to remind the reader of his presence. >_>; *sigh*

So I haven't really saved myself any work. I'll still have to write a couple new scenes. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff