Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Gekko

Omigosh guys. Draft one is done. Omigosh.

I feel so accomplished right now. I wrote a whole novel! biggrin

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Homurakitsune

Congratz.

Sparkly Gekko

Thanks! smile

It's 44,116 words right now but that's sure to change with editing.
@Homurakitsune: Congrats! I think that even if I were to write 1,000 novels, that feeling of acomplishment will never go away. heart

@Desi: thanks! I hope to get chapter 23 posted tonight. It's a long one, 3,000 words so far.

Progress: 1,149 words so far. It's amazing how much you can get done by just using bits of free time.

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Progress: A final project. mad And a journal, but no real creative writing (unless you count typing up a 6+ page essay in one day as creative).

There is always tomorrow.
Homurakitsune
Thanks! smile

It's 44,116 words right now but that's sure to change with editing.

That's a novella, but still, congratz!

Questionable Prophet

Homurakitsune

User Image Congratulations!
We must dance.

@OMG:
Psh, if so, they don't deserve to feel that awesome. emotion_donotwant
I think I get. Sounds like a good set up. You're like a muse, in the flesh, sort of kind of.

@Tsubasa:
I've never done a triangle either. No worries, just have to study it, maybe.
Whootness! Sounds like a great one-shot, hope they like it. How long do you have to finish it off?
It might be because a short story is so kind of concise, so it's easier to pinpoint what it's about and title it.

@Icehawk:
Sounds like a good spectrum to be working on.
Good luck with the both of them.

@Loper:
Blah, it's hard to pin point when things are going to be done.
I use all sorts of "ish" when I'm talking about getting my stuff to him. "Maybe night-ish of next Sunday-ish." Always late getting it to him, and I'm just editing, the 3rd draft too. He's usually late on his stuff as well.

I want to be use to them now. emotion_donotwant
Aw. That sucks. When did you get your glasses?

@Rose:
*huggles*
Indeed. I daydream about bed in math class, and then as a result miss stuff about math and then have to stay up late to figure it out myself. Vicious cycle.
Sounds like a great project. OuO
How far along are you on planning it?
Sounds like a nice surprise. Those are really long chapters. I know of one book that is only about three or four chapters. The Ox-bow Incident.
A lot of variation, a nice stock to chose from.

I'm putting that in my notes so when it happens, I'll be able to tell the detectives.

@Sanjifan:
OuO That's a good length, about six pages.
You're using it well. 3nodding

@Misuki:
A lot of work. The ends almost here though, just keep moving.
Six pages? e.e
I hope it goes well.

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Progress: Beginning chapter 2 on a fanfic I've been writing (first time fanfic writer), and beginning to look over and edit chapter 1.

*hopes it turns out well*

Questionable Prophet

Diamond Cache

Whoop! Welcome to the thread and congrats on finishing your first chapter. emotion_awesome
What fandom are you writing for?

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Diamond Cache

Whoop! Welcome to the thread and congrats on finishing your first chapter. emotion_awesome
What fandom are you writing for?
I'm trying Doctor Who. More for practicing writing than actually attempting to make a serious fanfic, but it's fun.~

Questionable Prophet

Diamond Cache
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

Sounds good to me, nothing wrong with doing things for fun. There's a long wait for the next season of Dr. Who.
What kind of plot are you going for?

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Diamond Cache
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

Sounds good to me, nothing wrong with doing things for fun. There's a long wait for the next season of Dr. Who.
What kind of plot are you going for?
Basically, I'm just twisting the entire 5th season to whatever comes up to my head. I've always wanted to write crossovers and introduce my own characters for some twists, so I'm just doing an alternate reality fic and seeing where if goes.
@Desi
Well, I'd like to post it on his birthday which is May 21, but since I'm awful with actually getting around with editing--even if I write the story in a week, it'll take me at least 2 more weeks to actually finish editing/typing it--I figure I'd better start early.

Wrote half a page of the long story (finally!). I just know that when I edit this I'm gonna hafta do some major switching of scenes because right now a lot of stuff isn't in chronological order. Not trying to do the flashback thing, it's just written as I think of the scene.

And then drew. Trying to get some more drawings to get into this comic writing thing. I need to send in 10 in like two days...and I only found out about it on the weekend.

Homurakitsune
Congrazzles!!! Squee!

Oni Omoni's Princess

Sweetheart

Homurakitsune

Throw a partyyyyyyy <3333
//throws confetti!
That's great news~! Hope it becomes super successfullll

Fashionable Genius

5,100 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

@Rose:
*huggles*
Indeed. I daydream about bed in math class, and then as a result miss stuff about math and then have to stay up late to figure it out myself. Vicious cycle.
Sounds like a great project. OuO
How far along are you on planning it?
Sounds like a nice surprise. Those are really long chapters. I know of one book that is only about three or four chapters. The Ox-bow Incident.
A lot of variation, a nice stock to chose from.

I'm putting that in my notes so when it happens, I'll be able to tell the detectives.

*smiles happily*

You and me both. I hated math and it was first thing in the morning. So bed was on my mind. >< I got lucky though. I had a math partner who could put it into terms I could understand.

We have, as a completely joint project, one story almost completely written. It's kind of a prequel to our main line, but kinda AU since it's a different pairing then what is in the book. We know what will happen after this scene, and then we have a prewritten smut section and then we need to figure out what will happen after that. *nodnod* So, pretty far along. We're editing a bit now.

Oh yes, it is indeed quite long. *nodnod* *smiles* Got some where around 26 chapters (prologue and epilogue not included) and each chapter is average around 2,000 words. Something like that.

Yep. *nods* Though I have decided to rewrite A Butterfly's Dream and write A Butterfly's Dance, which is Dreams prequel. I might work on the sequel a bit to, which is called A Butterfly's Flight.

Note: Write journal about these stories and how it all connects.

Today, I hope to finish typing up chapter 23 of A Shifting of Life and the Epilogue of Like a Bullet. Maybe plot out some information for my rewrite of ABD and the writing of ABDa. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff