Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

lnure

Nice, a comic. OuO
Will you be doing the drawings yourself or just the script for it?
William is a good name.

Invisible Stalker

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
          Mhm. Drawing myself. I don't trust anyone else to do all the watercolour right. .__. The script is going to take a long time though.
@Desi
Yeah, thus ended my two months w/o computer drama.

*shakes head* grown-ups.

Inure

A comic? That's pretty cool. I've wanted to combine my drawing/writing, but I don't know if I could be able to keep drawing the same character over and over again :/

Progress: Stared at te same sheet of paper for about an hour until I gave into the temptations of the fifty books I took out from the library and probably won't be able to finish before they're due. I'm stuck on what's next in the story.

What is SuWriMo? I know NaNo but I still don't know what SuWriMo is, despite having heard about it lots...

Adorable Fisher

Wrote a demon story last week. Its the 27th in the series. It didn't have the impact I wanted it to on my fans, so I thought, "I FAAAAILED ::cry cry::", but I published it so I can't go back. But I'll just have to embellish the fact I revealed in it in future stories so fans will be forced look back at the story I wrote last week later on and truly understand and appreciate it. Also thought of the perfect title for the book, but fear its too general.

In the past few days, I've been evaluating why this series is my most popular series.

I've been thinking about starting back up another story I started after publishing the unfinished version and getting an overwhelming response of "please f*cking continue this story, omfg I'm crying" to it.

I guess in technical terms, the demon stories in total are now approaching 100 pages.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Desi: It's Greek and Roman Mythology. It was a super fun class, but there's sooo much to learn so the exam is a little scary. sweatdrop

Yeah, it is sad. I think we may have to be bumping if we don't get stickied because the activity always falls off after the first few weeks. Aww, you should give it a shot finally! =D It's a fun experience (although it was more fun when people used to actually participate as a group... haha)

Questionable Streaker

Progress: Today, and yesterday, I did a 1,000+ word short story and an ickle bit on Storytime. Woop for unrelated progress!

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Loper:
Excellent! You're teachers really know how to handle a bandwagon .
Aw, that the whole thing is ruined. U.U

I'm just waiting for all of the teachers in other subjects to *invent* coursework for me to do.
Them: Lucy, coursework!
Me: But I have an exam in this subject next week.
Them: COURSEWORK! WORK UNTIL YOUR FINGERS BLEED
Me: But -
Them: BLEED!

Fashionable Genius

5,100 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
NiteShadowFox
@Desi
What is SuWriMo? I know NaNo but I still don't know what SuWriMo is, despite having heard about it lots...

Since no one has answered you, I will answer you. The SuWriMo is the Summer Writing Months contest like thing. If I remember correctly, you write for I believe June and July, possibly May to. You can find the older post running around in the forums still. It's kinda fun and a LOT easier than doing the NaNo since it lasts so long.

Anyways, update on what I'm up to.

Wrote my 2 newest Drabble a Days. Will post 3 drabbles tomorrow on FF.net. STILL need to post the last 6 weeks of Drabbles on here. Someone take out the Pointy Stick of Encouragement and poke me would you?

I have typed up the second to last chapter to Like a Bullet and have the Epilogue to do. I am now typing up Chapter 34 of A Shifting of Life, having typed up chapter 28 of Finding a Bit of trust.

2 more stories of Finding a bit of Trust and then I'm done! crying After 5 frickin' years, I'm done! Not done posting, just writing.

I am working on another chapter of A Shifting of Life. To note, I pre-write my chapters on paper and then type them up so I'm a few chapters ahead of what my readers read.

I also have to write up a Gin/Kira story for my collection of Bleach stories. Maybe I can start posting those here too...*muses

crying So busy people. Wish me Luck!
Finally started a new novel-length project. Hopefully I'll actually finish this one. Only have about 500 words so far, but at least I know where I'm going this time.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Flea:
OuO It is El Flea.

Wouldn't it be La Flea? If I remember right, flea in Spanish is la pulga. Personally, though, I think El Flea sounds better. ninja

And ugggh, don't remind me how close Suwrimos is. @__@; I still need to get an outline done for it and come up with names and backgrounds and all for several characters.

PMS: Maybe you should get people to post a quote a day from whatever they've written. Or else have a Dictionary challenge going on, like Hijinx did with Nano. ninja

Fashionable Genius

5,100 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
Da Flea

And ugggh, don't remind me how close Suwrimos is. @__@; I still need to get an outline done for it and come up with names and backgrounds and all for several characters.

Good luck with that. *hangs head* I don't even know what I'm writing! *screams in horror and falls over*

I have to add stuff to my list. Don't I? I need to write something about depression now. Make people worry about my mental state. >> Just for the hell of it.

Actually, mostly for therapy after some stuff that went down earlier.

Toothsome Phantom

I haven't been the most productive lately. But I did start on my new chapter yesterday(I've been really busy since last week).

I've been working on my character developments mostly though.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Rose Strailo
NiteShadowFox
@Desi

Since no one has answered you, I will answer you. The SuWriMo is the Summer Writing Months contest like thing. If I remember correctly, you write for I believe June and July, possibly May to. You can find the older post running around in the forums still. It's kinda fun and a LOT easier than doing the NaNo since it lasts so long.

It's actually the months of June, July and August. =D If people are interested, I guess I'll post the thread in here once it's up and running.

Flea: That's a good idea actually, and might motivate people to be more active. I might do a bunch of things like that, with quote-posting and question-answering, and maybe turn it into some kind of giveaway (either for a mini challenge or for anybody who posts regularly and achieves their goal...?) I don't know yet, but I'll figure that out after monster-final-day that is tomorrow. X3

Questionable Prophet

MarigoldMari

Hey Marigold. OuO
Whootness on finishing another installment in your series! 27 is quite a few. Well, they're not all going to be spectacular. Can't you always edit it a little and then reuploaded. People might not read it again, but new people can read it again.
100 pages are quite a bit.
What's the other series about it and what's the title you fear is too general?

@Inure:
3nodding Awesomesauce.
I love watercolors. I'm not that great at them, but I do them.
It'll be worth it though. Might not even take too long.

@Shadowfox:
3nodding What are you stuck on?
Hope you had fun reading through. I feel like I hardly read anymore. gonk
All the books I get from the library go back half-finished.

@PMS:
OuO That sounds like an amazing course. I wish my school had it.
You'll do fine. Most people know a lot more than they think they do.

I always give it a shot, but then I just kind of forget about it/lose motivation. This summer through, this summer is going to be different. emotion_dowant

@Loper: At least that's writing! Awesomeness about the short story and working on Storytime.
xD
Well, how will you ever learn without busy work?

@Rose:
Sweetness on the Drabbles.
I expect them to be posted tomorrow. >;0
*heats prod*
That's so exciting. Go, go, go!
You're doing awesome. Good luck.

Reborn Fox

Yay! You're off to a fine start. What's your story about?
And welcome to the thread.

@Flea:
O.O What do you mean "la"? Are you not going through with the change after all?
*kidding*
Just a few months out of Spanish and I've already forgotten tons.
It's not too-too close. Just close enough to feel the pressure.

@Burg:
Congrats on starting a new chapter. Sometimes writing has to take the back seat to work, homework, babies/kittens, sleeps, video games, cookies, etc.
Sweetness on the character development.

My Progress:
Edited some more chapters and did the writing challenge.
The prompts are actually really helping me develop my characters. They're already starting to look better in my editing.
Got a huge exam in Middle Eastern History tomorrow. Glorious. e.e
@Desi
Stuck on what goes on next. I mean, I have some idea of what will happen later on, but I don't know what to write immediately to build up to what goes on later.

Ah, I just keep the books until I'm done em. Accumulate a lot of fines that way...

Rose Strailo

Thanks! I might consider doing it another time, next year, maybe, if I haven't finished the story I'm working on now before then.

Progress wrote crap that has nothing to do with anything. A new story. I don't need to start a new story, I need to get unstuck on my current one. GAH this is frustrating. Instead of trying to get over the stuck-ness, all I ever do is just start a new story. This is like going back to before, when I never finished anything.

But, ironically, the story I'm supposed to be working on now I started a long time ago procastinating on AToTBF...came full circle I guess. Now that I've actually taken it up for real, I'm procrastinating on it now too...

Considering changing my username. To "Kitsune no Tsubasa", which means "Fox's wings"

Adorable Fisher

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
MarigoldMari

Hey Marigold. OuO
Whootness on finishing another installment in your series! 27 is quite a few. Well, they're not all going to be spectacular. Can't you always edit it a little and then reuploaded. People might not read it again, but new people can read it again.
100 pages are quite a bit.
What's the other series about it and what's the title you fear is too general?

Hi Desi biggrin

Personally, I think the 27th installment was really good, and took the story in two different directions at once, getting really into the meat and bones of the plot and of the love story passion in the general story. It was also written prettily, so I dunno what happened XD

The title of the demon stories book should be "The Demon Storybook". It has an antiquated feel to it, which is appropriate as much of the story takes place throughout the 1800s. It also has a child's feel to the title, which is also appropriate in a way. It can also easily take on volume names, like "The Demon Storybook volume 1" "The Demon Storybook volume 2" etc.

The other series is about two little boys in ancient Japan who are beggar boys. They form a close bond, like brothers. One of them is an outcast because he is an albino (thus his name means simply 'albino') and he seems to show early signs of being a transgender person (male to female). So doubly, the other little boy (who's name comes to mean 'traveling companion' and 'invaluable one') protects his friend as best he can and often gets beat up in the process as a result. To end the abuse feelings his friend has, the protector re-names his friend "peach blossom", because it also looks like him but is not a hate name. I have the whole book planned out. The book's name is "A Peach Blossom's Smile". I need to alter it to be set in Japan, though, but its already more than halfway there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff