Welcome to Gaia! ::

I really should just stick to the one story and maybe just *one* short story for when I get stuck. Otherwise I'm going to end up dropping the one most important to me, the long one, and I don't want that.

But yeah. One page today, as per usual. A lot of dialogue, mostly. Maybe do some more typing/editing or writing later.

Questionable Streaker

Progress: 150 words on Storytime. This chapter's a bit rubbish and a filler, so I'm not sure whether I should quit it now and move on, or push through, finish it and delete it when I get back to editing if I really hate it.

Interesting Loiterer

8,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Generous 100
  • Hygienic 200
@desi: I don't know maybe I should check out her website and see if she does.
I have a basic story outline, just deciding to make it a young adults book or adult romance is the big question because it will change the scenes slightly, like a very 'romantic' scene added to it. lol
True, I am getting more hours which is awesome but bad timing, trying to find a cheaper bigger apartment right now and I will have to ask to be out of work for a week to get stuff straighten out.

Tipsy Prophet

@Loper:
Yay for writing yourself out of a corner and the 150 words!
Hm...you never know about those chapters. They might add up to something in the future, or nothing. I'd save it for editing.
I hope you don't have tonsilitis. Sounds like a pain. Never heard of Storyville. Bus hijacking is always good through.
Awesomeness about the nibs. 3nodding

@PMS:
I'll put it on my calender.
Yay for the challenge!

burgawinosourus

Sounds like a good plan. 3nodding
I have a lot of little random scenes that are just about a character that will never be used.
What's your story about?

Cute sig, BTW.

@Crisis:
At least you're writing. Something will come to you, just keep at it .

@Shadowfox:
Sweetness on the dialog.
Juggling writing projects isn't always so easy. A short story sounds like a good plan through. Sometimes stopping a big project and working on a short can really refreshing the old story.

@Bubbles:
3nodding Go for it.
I see.Good luck choosing. sounds like it could be a big decision.
That is bad time. gonk
Hope they give you the time off to get straightened out.

My Progress:
I'm on Day 8 of the challenge. Have to edit soe chapters and do different beta work.

Popular Member

7,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Planned a line that should make something less of a Deus ex Machina. Still haven't planned the choreography.

Ponies were no inspiration this week.
Editing today. Also trying to find a nice quote about writing to make into a facebook cover. So difficult.

Thinking about:

"Write. Don't think." Ray Bradbury.
“Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” Scott Adams

Or something else short. Leaning towards the first. Could put it up without a quote too. Probably will go that way. Using a typewriter on a desk I found on one of those cover sites.

Ideas?

Toothsome Phantom

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

Sounds like a good plan. 3nodding
I have a lot of little random scenes that are just about a character that will never be used.
What's your story about?

Cute sig, BTW.

Thanks! It's Skifcha, he's freaking adorable.

Well it involves pretty much all things supernatural. I use to tell people that the main character was a vampire but I was always worried they would scoff at that for "reasons". But it's not just that. My novel covers everything. All of the monsters and creatures. Because I like all those types of things. Especially fairies.

Recent progress: I finished my latest chapter last night! I'm so happy. Now I need to get cracking on the next one. lol

Dapper Fatcat

8,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I am in such a bad mood today. The writing won't come, and I have finals looming on the horizon. I don't think I can do this (at least not while I'm suffering from all of the I'm-going-home-in-a-month-maybe-never-to-return-to-this-place emotions...). emotion_0A0
Finished the crackfic!!!! Woot! biggrin
I'm so pleased with myself. Now all I gotta do is edit it, fix up a few details and publish it.

Also wrote a ficlet (I think it is one. It's pretty short, only just over 2 pages) for a different fandom, which is cool since I've been trying to get out of Naruto fandom for a while.

But either way, very happy with myself. Even though I didn't get any more progress on the long story.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Alex:
3nodding
That is difficult to describe. Is it important to get all their details?
Just give them what it's called and make sure they know it's different from the other one? Or significantly similar?

I need to, because there will be a part that would cover the knighting ceremony, and the blazon would be read out in full. I plan to add before it some parts dealing with the design of the coat of arms, where I would explain it detail-by-detail in plain words.

My progress: none. I have to move to another house ~500 km away from my previous one. Until I could set up an Internet connection at the new one, I can't update my story.

Romantic Explorer

Sir Icehawk
Editing today. Also trying to find a nice quote about writing to make into a facebook cover. So difficult.

Thinking about:

"Write. Don't think." Ray Bradbury.
“Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” Scott Adams

Or something else short. Leaning towards the first. Could put it up without a quote too. Probably will go that way. Using a typewriter on a desk I found on one of those cover sites.

Ideas?

I like the second one ^^, doing a quote is a lot more meaningful than what I did for my facebook cover - it's a picture of a pikachu giving an apple to a leafeon.

My Progress: ;___; months worth of writing are gone, the files pretty much vanished in thin air. Good news: I have a second pen -drive that has stuff from a couple months ago and all my school papers are finished so I don't have to redo everything but I still have to update everything.

All in all I've got about 6 pages of story done so far.

Dedicated Bibliophile

8,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Progress: Where did it go? D: I was going steadily along for a few days but I suddenly stopped dead in my tracks!

That sinking feeling of "Who wants to read this besides me anyway?" is coming back. Curses.

Tipsy Prophet

Sir Icehawk

They're both good quotes.
I like the second one better though, but the first one kind of gives better advice.
Good luck with your facebook cover.

@Ivre:
Did you try guinea pigs instead?
Congrats on lessen a Deus ex Machina.

@Burg:
He is. 4laugh
It sounds like an awesome story. Just all the different creatures you could use.
My aunt got me A Field Guide to Demons, vampires, Fallen Angels and Other Subversive Spirits.
Fascinating book...
And yay for the chapters! That's awesome. Good luck on the next one .

@PMS:
sad
That's a lot to deal with. You can do it though.
Just five minutes a day. Keep it light hearted.

@Alex:
3nodding That makes sense. Describing it before hand will probably work. Good luck with it.
That sucks. Sweetness on moving to another house though. Exciting new places. OuO

@Nikkou:
gonk
*hugs*
That soudns like a nightmare. Yay for back-up!
Six pages is good though. Keep at it and you'll be all updated soon enough.

@Misuki:
Just keep going and you'll get there.
Try to keep those pesky whispers out of your head.

My Progress:
Did my bio presentation today. It actually went really well. emotion_awesome
My beta got back to me today. Sometime next week she'll be giving me the whole novel critique with thoughts on the plot, characters, and how everything works together. whee

I did the prompt for the challenge and continued on a scene for my book two in the notebook ,of course.
Tons of homework to get to now. >.<
Edited a piece today. For my cover, I just went with a plain pic. I like both quotes, but they just don't look right on it. Kind of felt random.

Tipsy Prophet

@Icehawk:
Sweetness on the edited.
Well, it'd be a tad random for facebook.
Random isn't bad through.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games