Welcome to Gaia! ::

Two pages done today.

Dialogged myself into a corner; too tired figure out how to get out of it.

Familiar Genius

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Progress: A full-structured outline of "England's Spring Cleaning", and 250 words on the actual fanfic. I've just gotten to the first memory he has about Canada. It's actually kinda funny and sweet. =)

Invisible Exhibitionist

10,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
Still sitting on 256 words for the month... Got some comments on a story and some haiku a week ago, encouraging. GPA's where it was a week ago, same hours program, kicked a** on today's exam, feeling good. Gonna make a point to get out at least a thou's worth of writing today, since I'm stuck on base for duty.

We'll see how that goes.

@ Levi - I once beta'd a guy whose chapters were almost all eight pages long, except for a few that were three and nine and eleven. Oddly consistent. Think this was mostly accidental, but not important except in that it's something I noticed. Don't think length matters much as long as the chapter accomplishes its purpose. Besides, length is fluid in initial drafts.

Ya'll're having dialogue issues? Mm, I want to write dialogue... After duty tomorrow today, yes. Keep on that one story, get a new post up, maybe figure out where the plot's going. Dialogue is so much fun.

Dapper Genius

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
@alberic: That's true, this is the first draft so I should just worry about the content not length. It's just normally when I plan I try to firgure out the number of chapters so i can like map out how my story goes, like Act 1 is 1/3 of the book and so on. But not having to worry about length I can do research on the other things for this book.

Tipsy Prophet

@Crisis:
Indeed. xD
Sounds like a day well spent, hope you get some stuff done today.

@Levi:
Don't. I think that's perfectly fine.
But, it all depends on what you want to do.

@Sanjifan:
yay!
Awesome job and congrats on getting some good reviews.

@Phoenix:
Your eyes will be a little fresher a day later.

@Misuki:
Awesomesauce.
It sounds like the story is progressing really well. 3nodding

@Alberic:
Whootness! That's amazing. Hope to hear about the thousand words.

My Progress:
Worked on some things for my other beta
Around 600 words' editation on the crackfic...even though I usually leave one-shots/short stories to be edited after they're done. Whatevs, it's crack XD

Page on some old story I dug up from somewhere. Because I really need another project right now on top of the story, the crackfic, the collab, and editing AToTBF.

Interesting Loiterer

8,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Generous 100
  • Hygienic 200
Hello,

I am slowly working on my writing just hard to figure out if I want to write a Young adult's version or an Adult romance book.

Been reading "90 Days To Your Novel: A Day-by-Day Plan for Outlining & Writing Your Book" by Sarah Domet; really good book so far. Though I'm not writing everyday like the books says ^_^"
I just try to squeeze in some extra time I have during the week or depending how busy I am at work.

My life is a bit stressful right now, but that's a different post lol Have to head on to work for 13.5 hours today.
Really enjoying my roleplaying, and hoping its improving my writing smile

Toothsome Phantom

Hiiii. I'm new to the writers forum for the most part. But I've decided I'm going to give posting here a go, considering I'd like to be a professional writer.

Progress for today has been about 400 words on my most recent chapter of the book I'm working on and some character development. I like to map all that stuff out prior into a separate notebook thing.

5,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
burgawinosourus
Hiiii. I'm new to the writers forum for the most part. But I've decided I'm going to give posting here a go, considering I'd like to be a professional writer.

Progress for today has been about 400 words on my most recent chapter of the book I'm working on and some character development. I like to map all that stuff out prior into a separate notebook thing.

Congratz

Tipsy Prophet

burgawinosourus

Hey welcome to the thread and the WF.
Yay for the 400 words! That's awesome.
How do you like to outline?
I never really do much of it.

@Shadowfox:
Whoopness! Congrats on the 600 words of editing.
Good luck with the extra story.

@Bubbles:
OuO I think I've heard of that book. She has this work-shop thing, right?
For some reason, reading the reviews I thought, "this is cult." *gasp*
Getting something done is awesome and whootness for roleplaying! It sounds really helpful.
Guess you got those extra hours you wanted...

Questionable Streaker

Progress: Couple of sentences of Storytime. Probably will be in all day tomorrow because I may have tonsilitis and won't want to go out for hours and be able to do more then. I managed to write myself out of a corner though.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Loper:
What's the documentary?
OuO Nice. The nibs don't don't run out too often, once you get them though?
This may be true. Have you tried The Bribe yet?
Storyville - Hijack Hell: Bus 174 It was really good, but then again, if it's from Storyville it shall be awesome. I've yet to find a documentary in their series that I haven't enjoyed.
No, they don't I've also found an independent art store that sells different widths on their own as well, just a case of finding the right pencils to stick them to!

Haven't finished The Bribe yet. Beginning to think I never will.

Popular Member

7,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Alberic of Krufton

Ya'll're having dialogue issues? Mm, I want to write dialogue... After duty tomorrow today, yes. Keep on that one story, get a new post up, maybe figure out where the plot's going. Dialogue is so much fun.

I fixed mine, but thanks ( I was WAY tired; I was lucky I could spell anything right). I'm more having choreography problems and possible Deus ex Machina problems now.

Dapper Fatcat

8,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Desi: When I am rich, get back to me. I will have clones. No biggie. ninja

Progress: #14 complete! Just not typed up. =/

Toothsome Phantom

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
burgawinosourus

Hey welcome to the thread and the WF.
Yay for the 400 words! That's awesome.
How do you like to outline?
I never really do much of it.

I just write down some notes about the character. Sometimes I get ideas for things that happened to them in their life and so I write a short piece about it. Which will most likely never be apart of the book it just helps me with my characters better. I also like to draw scenes out and that helps write it down.
Progress: Did some more free writing today and worked on a few scenes. Still trying to flesh out the plot for my fantasy novel, I'm at a complete loss for this thing, I don't think I'll ever start it, lol. XP

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games