Welcome to Gaia! ::

Progress: Did a bit of free writing, which led me to writing a scene for a potential fantasy story I have in the works.

I missed this thread, it been to long. ^_^

Questionable Prophet

@Shadowfox:
A page a day is 365 pages in a year. 3nodding

@Loper:
Sounds good. 3nodding
I want to get India ink to play with watercolors.
Well, you've got to be convincing. Did you get tears in your eyes?

My Progress:
Edited about four chapters. emotion_awesome

Questionable Prophet

CrisisOne

Hey, welcome back. ^^
Having a hard time remembering the username...

Yay for the free writing!
What kind of fantasy story?
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
CrisisOne

Hey, welcome back. ^^
Having a hard time remembering the username...

Yay for the free writing!
What kind of fantasy story?

It was a while back, so no worries. gaia_kittenstar

And haven't the slightest idea yet, I'm hoping something will come to mind, all I have is a general idea of the plot which I may or may not change, really not sure if its any good, but i'll see what happens.

Questionable Prophet

CrisisOne

3nodding
A general plot idea is a good start. You could take it anywhere, make it about , murder, man, muffins. OuO
@Desi Ha, now I want to make some muffins all of a sudden...

Dapper Genius

7,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
I'm doing well with outlining and planning but I am still trying to find out what would be appropriate chapter length. My first chapter is 8 pages with only two scenes. I don't want my chapters to be just two scenes then move on.
I_Write_Ivre
Thank you, I try ^_^ Sometimes it's hard to get that page, sometimes it's easy, but I try to get at least that out every day.

@Desi:
Suddenly it seems like so much more when you put it like that O.o

Progress: just a bit short of a page today :/ beginning of chapter 5. No, I don't think that chapter 4 is done, but I wanted to start chapter 5...

Also edited a bit of AToTBF yesterday. Not much...but still. I just need to get past this trough of horse crap that calls itself chapter 15 and hopefully editing chapter 16 might be a bit less...crappy. Wait, since chapter 14 became the end of chapter 13, now chapter 15 is chapter 14 and chapter 16 is chapter 15. Wow.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Half a page. Damn dialog.

Questionable Streaker

Progress: None, I'm watching a documentary that's got subtitles and can't really concentrate.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Loper:
Sounds good. 3nodding
I want to get India ink to play with watercolors.
Well, you've got to be convincing. Did you get tears in your eyes?
I got my first pot in a sale and most of the challenge was finding the pen nibs. It's such a brilliant medium to use.

Yes, I begged and everything. May have not helped that it was a month overdue.
Progress: Not very much. I did some very minor editing in an attempt to get my character's voice back into my head. (I'm sticking by that rule that no major editing until the story is finished if it kills me.) But mostly, I spent the last few days either just reading and goofing off or working on a single poem that may or may not have driven me closer to the edge. It's about madness and writing, and it was in iambic pentameter without a traditional rhyme scheme, but it rhymes when read aloud. It's not slant-rhyme either. >.> My intro to poetry class never covered this kind of rhyming, so I have no idea what it's called. Like, I end a line with "Glares" and in the middle of the next line is "stares." But yeah, just finished that for a reading tonight. *Squee!* I get to see people I almost never get to see ^_^

Questionable Prophet

Crisis:
They have this peach muffin at my school.
I've considered breaking into the culinary department to get the recipe.

@Levi:
Yay for the outlineing and planning!
Chapter length is a very personal thing.My chapters generally only last one scene.
You could always make just a short chapter and then a few long chapters.

@Shadowfox:
It's like how they add up how much money people spend on Starbucks in a month.
Mind blowing. O.O

Yay for the short page.
That is a lot of number switching. e.e
Congrats on getting back on the editing though!

@Ivre:
I love dialog. OuO
Good luck .

@Loper:
What's the documentary?
OuO Nice. The nibs don't don't run out too often, once you get them though?
This may be true. Have you tried The Bribe yet?

@Celestra:
OuO Good luck with the reading and have fun!
I really don't know anything about poetry. Hope the minor editing worked for you.

My Progress:
Friday! I can not wait to do sleeping. emotion_awesome
I got to editing my last few chapters, cut a scene and sent the last chapters off to my beta.
The last chapters are long so the next week, or two will be all about checking my e-mail over and over and over again. >.>
@Desi: Completely worth it! blaugh lol

Progress: Took the day to just relax and clean my room, plan to do much writing tomorrow though.

Dapper Genius

7,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
@desi: I just find it odd that an 8 paged chapter would be followed by a 23 paged one. Right now I reading a bunch of books to see what feels right.
Progress: 245 words on Dark Angels. Got chapter 24 done. Hoping to get chapter 19 done on AngelRose over the weekend. So excited AngelRose is reciving good reviews!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff