Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

I'm trying to save up for word too.
For now I'm just going to stick with IBM locus and Open Office.
They aren't as good but they have spell check.

When my betas send me their comments I take it over to the library because the edits don't translate well.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
So I got my smoothie last night, wrote about 150 words, then went to bed. Good job, Flea. XD

Desi: Over many months, the hippies were devoured by their dreadlocks. When they were finally released by confused PETA agents, they took to the hills, where they remain to this day, spawning sasquatch rumours and singing their tribal chants of "War. Huh! Yeah. What is it good for?" dramallama

Mystery sounds fun. Creating an elaborate scenario and slowly unveiling it. I'd probably go crazy if I tried to write one, though. My writing is so unorganized.

*uses yWriter* It doesn't have spellcheck, and formatting it into a printable state is irritating, but it autosaves/autobackups, and that has saved me more times than I can count. <3
hmm. I'm trying to finish the prologue for a novel I hope to someday get published. The main character is being followed by an unknown man, but I'm having trouble finishing the scene.
Does anyone think writing a poem that ties in with the idea could be a good way to motivate myself to finish it?

Questionable Prophet

Woot, Woot Flea whee

The autosaves sound nice, and the back-ups. I am horrible at backing up things.

My mystery isn't so complicated and my organizational skills are about level with that of a 3 year old..the most disorganized three year old in the world.

I'm doing a lot of rewriting and editing because of that. xp

Questionable Prophet

xRAINBOWsharpies___-
hmm. I'm trying to finish the prologue for a novel I hope to someday get published. The main character is being followed by an unknown man, but I'm having trouble finishing the scene.
Does anyone think writing a poem that ties in with the idea could be a good way to motivate myself to finish it?

I would just force myself to finish it.
Even if it turns out crappy, at least you can move on to the next scene.
I am currently around 70k words of my first book attempt. I have been writing for a year at least in it, stressed for time with school and such, but I'm determined to write at least a bit each day. So far today, however, nada.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
xRAINBOWsharpies___-

Agreed, I meet so many people who can't get past the beginning because they are trying to perfect it.

Questionable Prophet

@Ink Weaver:
School does get in the way of writing, at least for me it does.
I was really good about it last year, wrote each and every day.
This year not so much.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
xRAINBOWsharpies___-

I'm not trying to force myself to finish it. I'm just wondering if a poem would be a good way to get into the scene.

Questionable Prophet

xRAINBOWsharpies___-

I'm not trying to force myself to finish it. I'm just wondering if a poem would be a good way to get into the scene.

Me thinks no.
Maybe dark, stalker music.
But I could always be wrong.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
xRAINBOWsharpies___-

Me thinks no.
Maybe dark, stalker music.
But I could always be wrong.

Maybe both... :3

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Desi: I've gotten paranoid about backing things up. Not only does it autobackup on the computer, but I back up onto a USB stick almost every day. I'm thinking I should also zip all my writing and email it to myself, just so it's in storage. ninja

But the autobackup is vital. Nothing ruins my mood faster than losing actual prose, even if it's just a couple paragraphs, and my computer's been crashing recently...

Rewriting is evil. Evil, I say! X_X That novel I mentioned is actually a rewrite, though the story's changed so much it might as well be a whole new one. I also need to rewrite the novel from last Nano, but that's still too painful to even think about.

Questionable Prophet

@Rainbow:
It doesn't hurt to try.

@Da Flea:
I lost the whole first copy of my story when I started it almost 2 years ago.
I was devastated.
But it was good for me in the long run, I started over and it came out much better.

I don't even want to think about Nano, the rewrite that it would take to fix my Nano story would cause hell to freeze over with the amount of potential evil it possess.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
The WHOLE thing? eek I would be devastated, too. The only time I lost massive amounts was years ago when my laptop fried. Thankfully I didn't take my writing as seriously then. Most of it was fanfiction. Probably better off gone. XD

Questionable Prophet

Up until this year I didn't have a computer and I'v been writing for four.
So, I finished my story in short, library hours and 20 minutes I had at school before I had my first class... ( I did 2 stories like this.)

Anyways, I carried everything in a flash drive.
And the flashdrive just stopped working.

Electronics and I have a mutual hatred for each other.

*Wrote up 400 words on my book 2.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces