Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

Congrats on getting up to the midpoint. That's going to be a big project, but it doesn't sound too bad. Least you got what needs to be fixed figured out.

Yeah, it's so much nicer when I can see the mistakes. A few years back, my novels would turn out like crap and I'd have no idea what was wrong with them. sweatdrop

Progress today? Not much. I had an awful headache last night and didn't feel good through most of today, so all I did was make a character list for the Nano, jotting down some things about appearances and personality and stuff, as a guide for later. I'm thinking I should focus on cleaning up this outline over the next few days, so I'm good and ready when Nov. 1st comes. (Yeah, like you can ever really be ready for Nano. XP )

Questionable Prophet

Da Flea

It's still hard for me to stare at my story and figure out what's wrong with it. Sometimes It's like looking at word search the length of a football field with 10pt font and trying to find those 50,000 words from behind a really tall bald guy with a cell phone. >.<

Aw, that sucks. Do you get headaches a lot?
7 days until NaNo. emotion_jawdrop
It's been creeping up so fast.
I know you've told me this before, but I've forgotten, how many NaNO's have you done?

@Lahrette:
That sounds like loads of fun. emotion_awesome
I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get done by tomorrow.

@Sanjifan:
D'aw. 4laugh
I haven't heard of that. I use to play Sims. My kids were always being taken off to military school.

Shy Member

11,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
Hello

How is everyone?

Bought a new book recently; "Writing Romance" by Vanessa Grant. 292 pages. Haven't gotten to read it yet.
Still Loving my "Writing romance" by Leigh Michaels. 288 pages, not even half way through yet.

The only two books I could find written by best seller authors, which kind of sucks, because the others ones are written by "book for dummies" etc. Which is all good but its better to get a perspective from an author.

On the side currently reading "A great and terrible beauty" my boyfriend bought me the 3 book series for my 20th birthday. Only getting to it now lol. Soon to be 21.

Work is up and down. Some days are good, some are okay and some are I just want to walk out the door. You never know how hard someone's job is until you work there and there's so much to be done when you work at McDonald's, its crazy.

Finally developed and idea for my romance novel: "Two people fall in love, but are keeping their love a secret, hate each other in public, because their families are close friends and don't want to face the pressure from them, since they were the ones to suggest they go out." Came to me in a dream. smile Haven't really started anything with it yet. Still reading my writing romance books to gain more knowledge.

Questionable Streaker

Progress: About a sentence. My family dragged me to CentreParcs and there's no internet at the villa, so I have to go to the Plaza, which means I get about an hour's use a day [damn battery life ¬_¬]. Good for writing, bad for the rest of my life.

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Informer 100
I've been trying to get into writing a story for wattpad. Just because it sounds like fun I suppose. I wrote the first chapter of this one story for it and put it up about a month ago. Finally, I'm writing on the thing again. 963 words so far today. First accomplished writing day in a long time! It feels so good! cat_whee

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Desi: I don't get many headaches, but when they do hit, they're really bad. X_X;

That's a great way of describing it. rofl I certainly have days (and weeks) like that, where the words are all lost and scattered somewhere and I just can't find them.

Once I find the words, then most of my problems have been plot-based, so I started focusing on that, reading more about plot structure. Still made several mistakes in my next attempts, but I think I'm getting the hang of it, and now I can look back at my novels and see problems I never knew existed before. XD

I've done Nano for five years, ever since 06. @_@ My first one was terrible and abandoned. Then I got better each year, even finishing nearly an entire first draft in Nano 09. Last year, I tried doing a rewrite and was working on my plotting and all, so I got to 40k and then dropped out because I realized I'd made a mistake in the plot again, and at the time, working out the plot mattered more to me than reaching 50k. sweatdrop

Questionable Prophet

FairysHeart

That is awesome! 4laugh
It does sounds like fun. Good luck with it. What are you writing about?

@Flea:
>.< I only get headaches when I spend time with my little cousin.
It's always tall bald men with cell phones. My dad is a short bald man and sometimes he tries to get in the way, but it doesn't work.
I usually feel that way when editing.
Did you read any books on plotting?

I think that's a better way of thinking about NaNo. Quality over Quantity.

@Bubbles:
I dislike books about writing that aren't by writers. It just seems kind of odd...
What do you think of the series so far?
You're lucky you don't live around here. My aunt once walked into a McDonald's to do #2 and there was no toilet paper. She was just about ready to hop over the counter. >.>
It'll get better, for you. smile

That sounds like it has a lot of potential.

@Loper:
Whootness for sentences! It's good to be away from the internet sometimes.
Sorry to hear about the one hour time limit through. >.<

My Progress:
My internet is broken and on Monday's my Spanish class is online. gonk
Practicing pronunciation at the computer in public makes me feel crazy, so I won't do it. U.U

Got a little over 3,000 words done on my WIP through. emotion_awesome
Now I'm a bit stuck. I've had this scene in my head since last week and it's just so perfect in my head it's hard to write down.

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Informer 100
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
FairysHeart

That is awesome! 4laugh
It does sounds like fun. Good luck with it. What are you writing about?

Well... A fairy lost her family to a werewolf (in my world they really really really like to hunt fairies) when the story begins. She of course has to continue running. She comes along a little cabin where this rancher and his adopted son (did I mention it's in the 1800s? I guess not >.< but it is xp ) live. They took her in, not knowing what she was (she looks human.) She lives with them, falling in love with the son while trying to keep her secret. She knows she's being hunted and all, but isn't sure what else to do.
I don't exactly have a plot yet >.< but it's gonna be fun to write anyway.

Bubbles5380
FairysHeart

Work is up and down. Some days are good, some are okay and some are I just want to walk out the door. You never know how hard someone's job is until you work there and there's so much to be done when you work at McDonald's, its crazy.

I used to work at taco bell. I know how insane it gets >.< McDonalds though I would imagine would be so much worse! >.< I'm currently jobless hunting for some job other than fast food. Never again will I go back to that insanity... haha
Started a new story "Out of Order." Toying with an idea I got while reading So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Questionable Streaker

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Loper:
Whootness for sentences! It's good to be away from the internet sometimes.
Sorry to hear about the one hour time limit through. >.<

Yeah, horrible. It does work wonders for my writing though.

Weather today was horrible. Had to go on a two-hour walk in pouring rain.

Progress: Roughly 500 words.

Questionable Prophet

Sir Icehawk
Started a new story "Out of Order." Toying with an idea I got while reading So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

What's the idea?
Haven't heard of that.

@Loper:
3nodding I get tons done when the internet goes out at my place.
Weather is always horrible, unless you want to be lazy and anit-social. Then it's all sunny and you have to go out...
Congrats on the 500 words.

@Fairy:
I like the concept. So much could happen.
Historic settings always take so much research through. gonk

My Progress:
Another 1,000 words.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Sir Icehawk

What's the idea?
Haven't heard of that.

It's the 4th Hitchhiker's Book by Douglas Adams. The idea is more of just an into about a station being out of order and a character stuck on it.
Progress: two chapters converted into Dark Angels.

Questionable Prophet

Sir Icehawk

I've almost meant to read those books, but I never get around to it.
That's a good start through.
Plenty of room for whatever you want.

@Sanjifan:
Whootness!
Congrats. 4laugh
How many more do you have to go?

My Progress:
Another 500 words.
Kind of don't know where to go now. >.<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items