Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

I've been thinking that a lot of writers come here asking for motivation or how to stay interested, or complain that their story is boring.

So, I guess, I want to create a support thread for writers.

Come post your progress, how many words/pages did you do in a day, how much editing, post your whiny-complaints-that-everyone-has here.
Maybe we can help each other out or just sit and rant together.

NOTE:
It's fine to post links to your stories and writing online if someone offers or wants to look over your work, but that isn't what this thread is for. Do not post story excerpts here.

Sites to Help You Reach Your Word Count Goals:

750 Words
Write or Die
Written? Kitten!

Gaia Guilds to Help You Reach Writing Goals :

~*The Official Post Your Progress Guild*~ Writers Support!
*Owned by SugarRos and helping writers finish their projects since 2007.*

365 Days of Writing
*A challenge to write to one prompt every day for 365 days*
Owned by PandorasJackinthebox

And, if you're looking for a reason not to write, check out the Excuse Box
I have written absolutely nothing today except a short, three-stanza poem. I can't figure out how to begin this one idea I have...
Second playthroughs of inFamous and DA:O, mixed with boatloads of studying, family issues, and a relative boredom with everything has led me to write nothing in a long while.

Oh well. I should probably do something now, but I likely won't.

Questionable Prophet

Crystalbow
I have written absolutely nothing today except a short, three-stanza poem. I can't figure out how to begin this one idea I have...

Usually just starting helps. Just chose a random part to start on..

I've written little this week....two 6 page essays do and finals. rolleyes
I've gotten to editing one chapter though.

@Tezzy:
I should problem be doing someone now too. Like sleeping.
But sleep is for wussies.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

@Tezzy:
I should problem be doing someone now too. Like sleeping.
But sleep is for wussies.

If that sentence is any indicator... you need to go to bed.

Preferable an hour or soago.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User ImageUser Image

My goodness this is off topic but Hi Desi! I haven't seen you in awhile!

Questionable Prophet

I still have to write an artist statement...which I have no idea how to write...
Google is not helping...at all.....

It's okay, I have coffee now.

EDIT:

Hey Spaz!
You look so different. How's your guild going?
i haven't written anything today bu I've been thinking about my plot all day and i solved some plot holes so i think that counts for something.

Questionable Prophet

Mokomonko
i haven't written anything today bu I've been thinking about my plot all day and i solved some plot holes so i think that counts for something.

3nodding

How far into your story are you?

Elfmanism's Wife

Dapper Dabbler

I edited about a page of writing today, but I haven't written anything new in weeks.

Questionable Prophet

I've been editing a lot too...I've written things down in a notebook that equal up to a long outline.

Editing is such a long process.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Mokomonko

3nodding

How far into your story are you?

barely three pages. I haven't even gotten to the main plot point yet sweatdrop haha.

Elfmanism's Wife

Dapper Dabbler

I know...editing totally kills me. I can only do a little bit at a time, otherwise I get fed up with it and I don't do it for a really long time. XD

Questionable Prophet

@Mokomonko
I never research or think out things properly, I always just start writing right away. Realize that I need to do a some research and do the research. I might outline fifty or so pages into my story.

@The Kraken:
I've cut whole chapters, characters, and it's so frustrating because I'll come across a character that isn't suppose to exist anymore, then I have to change the whole scene. To accommodate that.

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I like this idea.

For the last month I've written more than I have in the last few years combined, not including schoolwork, but the challenge remains getting started.

So most of my progress has been in reading more and doing some betaing. I've been reading a decent bit daily, which is an improvement from my previous laziness, and write a critique weekly for critters.

I've started brainstorming ideas again too, but I'm still having a hard time getting down and writing.

For those of you editing, think of it this way; at least you've managed to get something down to edit!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff