Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Man, I wish I could settle down enough to write out things that will actually be in the story. D: It gets worse because I'm going to need to learn to write in script format for at least three stories, probably more. ;_; I write primarily for graphic novels and video games, you see. ;A; SO HAAAARRRD. Hopefully Pokedressing will help...

...And I just realized I need to figure out if I'm going to ax some of the routes in one of my games. FFFFFFFFFFFFFF--

Questionable Prophet

Sinistrus
@Desi:
I'm not a total perfectionist.
One of the scenes in the story is horrible. D:

That sucks... I had a story I let sit for a long time, and I recently worked on it a bit. I just suddenly wanted to continue it.

To look on the bright side that means that it is probably a good story if you want to continue it.

@VenusRain:
Script format isn't too hard once you get the basic.
I only took one semester in drama, but I learned the format.
Or I think I have, school generally try to dumb things down.

I don' t know, Good Luck heart

Finished a chapter of editing=ten pages and found a whole page where my beta reader didn't mark something.
I write about 1,000-2,000 words a day on average. On bad days, I've got nothing. Good days, I get about 3k. On really good days, it's about 5k.

Just hit 180,000 words on my current novel.

Only 12 pages in on Screnzy. It's taking a definite backseat to my book. x[

Questionable Prophet

Congrats on hitting the 180 mark!

You work fast, and I wouldn't worry about Screnzy ( script frenzy, right?) those programs are just to get writers writing, and that's what you've been doing.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Desi: Your corporate buildings cannot protect you! I will don my yuppie disguise and walk unnoticed among the office drones! Mwahaha.

I've been bored with my life work for over a year. Kind of like walking in a tunnel with no light at the end. I'd like my book tour and piles of undeserved fame now plzkthx. But writing's the only creative outlet I'm halfway decent at, so I just keep on doing it. It's like a curse. XD

Maybe the book just needs a new direction? Sometimes when I get stuck on a project, it's because what comes next isn't really working, and I need to change some event or something.

Questionable Prophet

*Takes weed and flowers to lay traps to distract rouge hippies. *
"Can you resist? "

What kind of book are you writing Da Flea?
I find changing a story a little is a great way to get it going and out of a rut.
Maybe even do a little traveling if you get the chance.
I think this is a good idea, Desi.

But so far my progress is that I'm editing and writing. Edited the first page of chapter three and a page that was didn't make any sense even though I thought it did.

I'm thinking up an idea for a short story and a novella.

Questionable Prophet

@knowyourlittlesecret Thanks mrgreen

It sounds like you're making steady progress.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Desi: Weed! *lights up* ...what was I doing? Hey, flowers are like Mother Nature's children, man. They don't belong in your fascist 9-5 world. *pulls out guitar and begins singing "We shall overcome~!"*

The novel I'm working on is 2nd in an atypical fantasy series. It was actually stalled for a while until I tore the idea apart and changed some things. I have an outline done but only a chapter and a half written. (I think it worries me that it won't turn out right...) Anyway, I'm not officially working on that until Suwrimos. In the meantime, I'm writing a story that came at me out of nowhere but seems finishable by May. And every so often, I add bits to another story that's on hold because I can't get the voice I need to finish it.

Yes, I usually have several things going like that. XD I don't have the opportunity to travel, but my stories are all pretty different, so at least there's variety.

Wordcount for today is only 1500. It's 2 AM... I need a fruit smoothie.

Questionable Prophet

*Takes walls of cubicles and creates a pin of the hippies.
" Muhahahahahaha " I laugh as I dash to the elevator, planning world domination.

My word count for today: 5

I need to get on it.
I'm writing a mystery series, so not a ton of variation, but it keeps me entertained. I don't know what's wrong with me.

It's almost midnight here.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
I still have to write an artist statement...which I have no idea how to write...
Google is not helping...at all.....

It's okay, I have coffee now.

EDIT:

Hey Spaz!
You look so different. How's your guild going?

Not so well XD. I think I might me a horrid manager. gonk
lol Victoria of Aragon Saysx;;
lolololololololololololololololololololo ↘ ↘ ↘

ᆢᆢᆢ xI don't think I've gotten much done the past two days. Maybe 800 words here and there. I'm trying this new tactic when I just write like a mad-man and completely disregard the fact I have to edit until the very end. It makes it a very tedious ordeal for me. x3

With that said, though... I don't envy any of you who are currently editing. I always disliked that part the most... mainly because I found so many plot-holes and just... wrong statements it was disheartening.

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
There is actually a Post Your Progress writing guild on Gaia. We store all your updates under your username, your word count, page count etc. Join us, the link is in my signature. smile

Questionable Prophet

@Spaz:, or guilds just don't work too well...
I've never seen an active one.

@Victoria:
I find that the best way of writing.

@DesertRoseFallen:
Someone else posted the guild link on earlier pages, if you want I can post a link in the OP, but guilds just don't hold a lot of appeal.

I have actually done something today.
Edited whole chapter. 4laugh
And wrote out a new scene in my notebook.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Spaz:, or guilds just don't work too well...
I've never seen an active one.
User ImageUser Image

True dat.

In any case, my progress...

Isn't very far, because I don't have Microsoft Word. I'm working on getting it though! And as soon as I do, I'm probably going to write for days straight lol!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff