Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexy Seeker

I haven't done a lot of writing, but I have done a lot of thinking. Of course, most of that thinking is about the future novels, otherwise: stuff I haven't even started to write.
I've been staring at the last few paragraphs that I wrote about a week ago and I can't think of how to continue just yet.

Current wordcount: 124, 814.
Current pagecount: 236.

Questionable Prophet

Everyone seems so productive today.
Even Tezzy...

I woke up at one, then fell asleep again at four-ish.
Now, I'm awake again....I'm going to type up the scenes in my notebook in the next hour or so.

@IceHawk:
I'm on my fourth draft.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Everyone seems so productive today.
Even Tezzy...

I think, besides the fact that I have a PS3 in my room, part of what makes it so hard for me to be productive is that I'm not writing chronologically, anymore. I have no need to in this WIP because it isn't going to be chronological when I put it all together. That and there's a number of sections that I haven't really thought through yet. Since I'm so used to doing it chronologically and having thought through everything first, it's kind of hard for me to actually work.

But then again, this way, the moment I want to write a particular scene, I can. I don't need to wait to get there like I used to because I've thrown chronology out the window.
Found this thread, and now I am in love.

Can I just say how much I have worked on so far?
So, the main story I have been working on was started on June 5th last year. The intro was typed, then the story was on hold until October.
I can't give out the word count because I use Wordpad (this computer doesn't have Word), but it's at page 9 with Ariel 10 point font.
Not to mention I have further parts in the story typed out in different files.
...And that I have another story going on as well.

As of now, I am editing the first nine pages of my story because I feel I have left out a lot... So I have no idea if I will make much progress today.
Love the thread. (x

Progess : Nothing. D:
I have a good story idea, I just can't seem to put it into words.
Ugg.

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I have so many creative juices at the moment I could pour them into a cup and drink it xd

Seriously, today I have managed to write two chapters, onto my third. The second one was only planned to be a short one, but none-the-less it's down! I am now just about to start writing a major fight scene, wish me luck!

PS I am on page 70 on Microsoft Word, the word sizing is only 11 (I like it small but I still need to see it ninja )

Questionable Prophet

@Tezzy:
I want a PS3 so bad...I still have my good ol' PS2....which, when you write it like that, looks way better.

I know of a book like that, not in chronological order, but I can't think of the name. I always thought that the writer had wrote the scenes in order and then cut and pasted.

@Sinistrus:
Editing is progress, you'll have to do a lot of it by the time you're done...which you should probably wait for, but each writer has a different way of doing things.
Do you not have word at all? I would consider downloading Open Office, or IBM Lotus Symphony. They're free word processors that are a lot like word.
Except when saving them you should save them in the .doc format so you can transfer them.

@Lilybug:
Sometimes the best thing to do with a story is to get it down and not worry about the words .

@Rennie:
Lucky.

I didn't actually get as much done as I thought I would yesterday.
I think I'm going to restart my book 2, keeping the first chapter. It just wasn't working out too well.

And I didn't get to editing my book one. I figured sense everything was starting to look a little too good I needed to take a step back.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Tezzy:
I want a PS3 so bad...I shttp://www.gaiaonline.com/avatar/till have my good ol' PS2....which, when you write it like that, looks way better.

I know of a book like that, not in chronological order, but I can't think of the name. I always thought that the writer had wrote the scenes in order and then cut and pasted .

And when you say it like this: piece of lo-tech junk that's only fit for stone age denizens, it doesn't sound that amazing, now does it?

"God of Small Things" did it. I'm not sure whether other writers do it in order or not, but I have decided against it. I am writing whatever I want whenever I have the desire to write that scene. I've become the hippie of writing!

ACK!

Questionable Prophet

Lord Tezzy
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Tezzy:
I want a PS3 so bad...I shttp://www.gaiaonline.com/avatar/till have my good ol' PS2....which, when you write it like that, looks way better.

I know of a book like that, not in chronological order, but I can't think of the name. I always thought that the writer had wrote the scenes in order and then cut and pasted .

And when you say it like this: piece of lo-tech junk that's only fit for stone age denizens, it doesn't sound that amazing, now does it?

"God of Small Things" did it. I'm not sure whether other writers do it in order or not, but I have decided against it. I am writing whatever I want whenever I have the desire to write that scene. I've become the hippie of writing!

ACK!

Ha, ha.
Hippies scare me.

Well, I only play video games once in a while, Kingdom Hearts and Jak and Dexter, because...I don't really have a reason. I just go on hiatuses and it takes me years to finish one game. >_<
And I love my PS2.

I wish I could remember what the book I read was called.
I sometimes write scenes that I just really want to write and then get back to them later.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
@Sinistrus:
Editing is progress, you'll have to do a lot of it by the time you're done...which you should probably wait for, but each writer has a different way of doing things.
Do you not have word at all? I would consider downloading Open Office, or IBM Lotus Symphony. They're free word processors that are a lot like word.
Except when saving them you should save them in the .doc format so you can transfer them.

I am slightly paranoid, and I want to make sure everything makes sense.
I also want to be sure there's enough in there so no one will be confused.
And thank you, I'll try to search and download one of those.

Questionable Prophet

Sinistrus

I am slightly paranoid, and I want to make sure everything makes sense.
I also want to be sure there's enough in there so no one will be confused.
And thank you, I'll try to search and download one of those.

Half the things I re-read of my old work don't make any sense, but they made perfect sense at the time. xp

I don't worry about those thigns until I finish it up though. First draft is all about me.

I hate editing.
I hate picking the whole thing apart, word by word.
And dialog puncuation makes me so confused.
I am confused beyond my normal amount of confusion.

So, I get on gaia.

What are you writing?

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

Ha, ha.
Hippies scare me.

*rubs hippie dust on you* Wait. I think that's just dandruff and pot residue. ninja

I've only written 600 words so far today. Ugh. It's not like this is a difficult story. (Not like my other one that sits in waiting, with it's 3 shifting narrative styles. X_X ) I'm just stuck in some kind of writerly quandry. Like I'm 4000 words into this, typing a sentence, and I'm thinking, "iz i can b writer nao? durrr..." And then I stop to ponder the universe and it takes me like a half hour to get back to typing.

I'm so totally lame. D=
@Desi:
I just reread it, fix mistakes I see, and add/take away what I don't see fit.
I know I'm going to re edit everything in the end, but I cannot bring myself to continue on it until it's edited.
...Which I have been lazy with. I'll get it done by tomorrow.

I'm working on a story I thought up almost a year ago. I feel bad for letting it sit there for four months.

Questionable Prophet

@Da Flea:
*screams and runs to hide inside a giant corporate building.
"You'll never get me you damn hippies!"

It sounds like your bored with your work.

@Sinistrus:
Perfectionist. stare

I've been trying to get my book 2 off the ground since last July, but I can't get myself to do it( I got to page 50 and now it just sits in it's folder, gathering dust.) . I've been putting a lot of energy into editing. That's what I keep telling myself.
@Desi:
I'm not a total perfectionist.
One of the scenes in the story is horrible. D:

That sucks... I had a story I let sit for a long time, and I recently worked on it a bit. I just suddenly wanted to continue it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff