Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I haven't done any writing today at all. :/ I'm not reallly sure why...
I'm on the THIRD DRAFT of my novel right now and it's driving me craaaaazy. It's that point where I'm trying to make everything consistent and fine tune everything, and it's really tedious. I got a lot done yesterday at work but I probably won't work on it this weekend much cause it's the weekend. Bleh. My goal is to have it D3 done by the end of this month so I can start soliciting it.

Good luck on graduating Desi! I took AP classes in high school and I know they can be killer. And Edward_Sledge I'm struggling for a title too. I'm hoping that it will just pop into my head spontaneously and be perfect.
I recently got a vague idea for a new story. Wrote a first chapter. Trashed it. Wrote another one. Trashed it.

This is still far more productive than I usually am. 3nodding
If you guys like this idea, there's already a WHOLE GUILD dedicated to this very thing (but also extremely organized as well). Search for the Post Your Progress guild or just click on my sig.

I'm stalling in my writing, my life has been WAY too hectic over the past few months. But I'm hoping to get back into it soon. smile
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead

High School.
With AP classes.
And tons of social study classes.

How long have you been published for.
I'm hoping to send my manuscript out to agents by 2011. That doesn't look like it's going to happen though.

I have done absolutely nothing with my story today, I accidentally clicked on it but that's about it.

Yikes. I was supposed to take AP classes, but I was a slacker, lol. Talk about time flying, I've been out of high school for almost eleven years. eek

My first e-book came out in June '09 and the paperback came out in August.

I haven't done anything either, but I just barely got out of bed. I've had a killer toothache for the last few days that has made it hard to sleep and I was finally able to catch up a bit. As soon as I finish my morning ritual of checking my email, checking my Amazon ranking, and issuing take-down notices to the pirates who think it's okay to steal my e-books, I'll get started on writing. 500 words and then I should be able to rewrite this last scene. It's an erotic scene and I always obsess over those.

@Madding
That's about where I am, too. When I started soliciting my first manuscript, I was sending out a third draft, and every time I received a rejection, I'd go back and edit again. I was on my eighth draft before it was accepted.

That's what I was hoping, too. It didn't work. xp

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
SugarRos
If you guys like this idea, there's already a WHOLE GUILD dedicated to this very thing (but also extremely organized as well). Search for the Post Your Progress guild or just click on my sig.

Is that place still going? I remember seeing it like a year ago or so and requested to join, but they denied me. D=

As for my current progress, I'm supposed to be finishing up the details for a novel rewrite this Suwrimos, but I can't get my passion back in that project... Instead I've been jotting down ideas for random little stories, and I started writing an almost-short story that's basically set in a civil rights era but done with anthros. Someone please tell me that doesn't sound pathetic, because I'm banging my head on the desk even as I write it. gonk
I am in the process of finding an agent for my first novel. It's driving me crazy. burning_eyes

Questionable Prophet

Everybody Knows Coco Moon
I recently got a vague idea for a new story. Wrote a first chapter. Trashed it. Wrote another one. Trashed it.

Maybe you should go on to chapter two before trashing chapter one.

@SugarRos:
I had no idea that there was a guild for this, but I like how a thread is more informal. 3nodding

Edward, that's so awesome.
Hope that your tooth ache goes away.
0_o
oh, erotic scenes.

I've actually just got an Email from my beta reader, and that's kind of spurred me on.

@Da Flea:
It doesn't. If my beta reader hadn't emailed me today I probably wouldn't even have opened up the file. Lazy Desi is Lazy

@Sanjifanforever:
I can't wait until I'm trying to find an agent. This may sound a little stupid, but I can't wait to get my first rejection.
I Solemnly Swear

Lets see post my progress? I have been working on the first book of an original fanfiction and actually got it done.

So one month I had like ten chapters written and then later, I had like a few more. I can't count really how many but, the first book has like seventeen chapters overall. I'm just thrilled the first book is done, now the hard part, I have to move on.

~ Aliyssa ~

That I, Am Up To No Good
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Everybody Knows Coco Moon

Maybe you should go on to chapter two before trashing chapter one.

I normally would, but the tone of each chapter was completely wrong and continuing it that way just wouldn't work. They were mainly trial and error, but now I've got a pretty good idea of how I'd like to go about writing it.

Questionable Prophet

Congrats on finishing the first book Brilwen

That's great Coco.

I've re-written the scene with my character and his lawyer.
Finally.

Time + no desire to play DA:O + really boring movie (and here I thought 3:10 to Yuma was supposed to be interesting) + instrumental music + fixed space bar on my computer == finishing a chapter.

Maybe it's only three pages, maybe it was half done already, but hey, it's something!
First Draft to Second Draft editing at 80%.
נυsт мч тнσυɢнтs σɴ тнє sυвנєcт ◆ ◆ ◆

♫- My writing generally depends on a day-to-day basis... Sometimes I don't write for weeks, other times I can't live unless I write every hour...

Today, I've managed to write a few lines short of two-and-a-half pages and I'm not done...
-♫

◆ ◆ ◆ ɴσω, ωнαтcнα тнιɴк αвσυт ιт‽

9,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Pie For All! 300
I finished my eighth chapter last week, which I feel entitles me to sit around and loaf for a while. I have no idea what my wordcount is at the moment, but it's probably close to 60k.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff