Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

That's a great way to think of editing and I have some great beta readers to help me out heart .

But school has been hectic. I think teachers and professors across the world came together and said, "It is time. We must break their little souls."

AP prep this morning, wrote three essays in 2 hours, and by the end I was brain dead.

I love betaing, analyzing literature, and critiquing. 3nodding

What books have you been reading Lea Fealith?

I find a great way to start something that just won't is to just write a quick scene and keep going. Then worry about the beginning.

Sparkly Lover

I finished writing two essays this week which I handed in yesterday. I don't really feel like writing for a while. crying
lol Victoria of Aragon Saysx;;
lolololololololololololololololololololo ↘ ↘ ↘

ᆢᆢᆢ x...I'm so going to book-mark this thread. I really think it'll help me out, so kudos to you, Desi! ^ ^;;

So far, I've only been able to get in a few paragraphs with my current project. However, the teen angst just... makes me want to turn a blind eye, half the time. So I put off writng for it like no one's business.

I was also able to add a bit more depth to a fantasy character of mine... though I severly doubt I'll start working on that project until I finish my current one. It always mixes me up. x X;

Questionable Prophet

Thanks Victoria of Aragon
I'm always thinking a head to other projects, there only half formed thoughts and such.
@Silver Maple:
What kind of essays did you have?
I had two six page research papers do today.
I still feel a bit brain dead.
I just now wrote 5 sentences. Yay, I'm pathetic. [:

But I did write earlier, at school, come to think of it. A couple of pages, actually.

Questionable Prophet

Have you typed that up?
At the first of the year, I set myself a New Year's challenge to write at least 500 words a day. So far, 106 days into the year, I've stuck to it. Most days I write more, but 500 is the bare minimum. It adds up to 134,003 words since January 1st.

Lately, I've been forcing myself to quit writing after I hit 500 or so because I need to get a manuscript edited. I've been putting it off for nearly two years, but with my second book coming out in a few months, I need to the ball rolling on this third one. I just have one more scene to rewrite and then I can give it one final read through, and barring any obvious problems, it should be ready to submit, provided I can think up a title. That's the main reason why I've been putting off editing. I suck at thinking up titles and this one especially has given me nothing but trouble.

Questionable Prophet

What do you mean coming out...published?

Finding the perfect title is difficult. I've been lucky to have some pretty obvious choices that sound great for my stories.
Yeah, published.

You're very lucky, then, and I envy you, lol. I get lucky with titles sometimes, but most of them are a pain. I'm very picky when it comes to finding the perfect title and I make it harder on myself than it needs to be. This series, for example:

Magebound
Spellwrought
*Untitled*
Wererise
Magebreak (subject to change)

They're all Noun+verb compound words, so that limits my choices further still. And they all have double meanings based on themes within the books. So far, my best ideas are Circlestruck or Memoryache, but I don't think either of those really fits like I'd like.

Questionable Prophet

Congrats on the publishing.
Circlestruck feels icky on my tongue. And for some reason "I want to take a ride on your disco stick" popped into my head when I read it.

I like series where they have a kind of title that connects them, for example mine:
As If To Say: I Had a Fear of Cats
and #2: As If To Say:...
Well, I don't really have a title for the second book....

What are your books about?
edward_sledge
At the first of the year, I set myself a New Year's challenge to write at least 500 words a day. So far, 106 days into the year, I've stuck to it. Most days I write more, but 500 is the bare minimum. It adds up to 134,003 words since January 1st.

Lately, I've been forcing myself to quit writing after I hit 500 or so because I need to get a manuscript edited. I've been putting it off for nearly two years, but with my second book coming out in a few months, I need to the ball rolling on this third one. I just have one more scene to rewrite and then I can give it one final read through, and barring any obvious problems, it should be ready to submit, provided I can think up a title. That's the main reason why I've been putting off editing. I suck at thinking up titles and this one especially has given me nothing but trouble.

Grats on the publication. But... it's already 100 days into the year? FFFUUUUUUUUU
Thanks. Neither of those really appeal to me, they're just the best I've come up with, which tells you the kind of trouble I've been having, lol.

I like that title. Yes, I definitely envy you. My other series, which are just e-book novellas, are:

Suburban Fantasy 1: The Vampire Next Door (which I don't really like, it feels too general to me)
Suburban Fantasy 2: A Visit From the Truth Faerie
Suburban Fantasy 3: Will Work For Blood

I write gay fantasy romance/erotica.

@Inglorious
Thanks. Tell me about it. Where does the time go?

Questionable Prophet

Time has been flying for me too.
Graduation, oh so soon.
2 months.
2 months.
blaugh crying

On topic, who did you publish with?
Ah, graduation. Wow, no wonder you've been so busy. Is that high school, or college?

My print books are through the GLBT indie press PD Publishing and my e-books are through Shadowfire Press. I publish under the pen name Katica Locke.

Questionable Prophet

edward_sledge
Ah, graduation. Wow, no wonder you've been so busy. Is that high school, or college?

My print books are through the GLBT indie press PD Publishing and my e-books are through Shadowfire Press. I publish under the pen name Katica Locke.

High School.
With AP classes.
And tons of social study classes.

How long have you been published for.
I'm hoping to send my manuscript out to agents by 2011. That doesn't look like it's going to happen though.

I have done absolutely nothing with my story today, I accidentally clicked on it but that's about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff