Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

@Da Flea;

That actually makes a lot of sense.
I feel like the large weight of confusion has been lifted off me.
Now, I must go back and edited it all over again.

I've been doing this for a while. I'll think one thing about tense and then I go back and edit, then I'll think something else about tense and go back and edit.

I got secret post above me too, it's because my computer is so slow.
Glad your headache is gone.

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Rennie`
I have so many creative juices at the moment I could pour them into a cup and drink it xd

Seriously, today I have managed to write two chapters, onto my third. The second one was only planned to be a short one, but none-the-less it's down! I am now just about to start writing a major fight scene, wish me luck!

PS I am on page 70 on Microsoft Word, the word sizing is only 11 (I like it small but I still need to see it ninja )
Since that post (Sunday 18th April) I have wrote a further 8 pages, a major battle scene and sex scene! And that's whilst I've been at University this week, and with the responsibility of a social life. I've also created a few more documents to help with notes and such and is now all tidy in its own folder. I'm well chuffed xd
This week has been busy, and not only because of my birthday.
My story will have to be neglected for this week because I have an English project and a story I am writing for a contest on another site.
I only finished the edits on what I have so far.
...Just glad I'm working on this while I'm still young. :c

Questionable Prophet

Go, Rennie Go!
It's awesome that you're keeping up with your writing.

@Sinistrus:

When's your birthday?
Happy Pre- or Belated Birthday!
Sometimes it's good to take a break from a story for whatever reason, it can give you a chance to look at it anew.
Sometimes I wish I could wait until I retire to write, but then, I don't know, it wouldn't feel right.
I acctually just started using computers outside of school by getting a laptop (makes me feel like I'm stuck in the past) and it makes me write more. On the other side I have a ton of homework for ap and honors classes that i forget to do so my out put has decreased from eight pages a day to two sad

Questionable Prophet

DeadlyFeatherDust
I acctually just started using computers outside of school by getting a laptop (makes me feel like I'm stuck in the past) and it makes me write more. On the other side I have a ton of homework for ap and honors classes that I forget to do so my out put has decreased from eight pages a day to two sad

AP classes are hell on writing.
My teacher:
What do you mean you can't make a poster on all 27 amendments in by two school days? What are you doing, sleeping?

I too just stopped using school computers this year ad I have a lap top.

2 pages is still a lot more than some people. How long have you been working on your story?
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
DeadlyFeatherDust
I acctually just started using computers outside of school by getting a laptop (makes me feel like I'm stuck in the past) and it makes me write more. On the other side I have a ton of homework for ap and honors classes that I forget to do so my out put has decreased from eight pages a day to two sad

AP classes are hell on writing.
My teacher:
What do you mean you can't make a poster on all 27 amendments in by two school days? What are you doing, sleeping?

I too just stopped using school computers this year ad I have a lap top.

2 pages is still a lot more than some people. How long have you been working on your story?

I know! I thought I did awesome on my research paper a couple days ago: just got it back and I got a 78 sad I was super depressed. I started working on it the end of last summer/ begining of this school year. I was writing like eight pages a day when I was still in the 'OMG-I-have-an-awesome-story-and-plenty-of-ideas' stage. Also, editing sucks.
@Desi:
My birthday was on Thursday.
Yeah, I'm trying to think more about the characters involved in the story and thinking about the whole plot in general.
Breaks are good to take sometimes... because sometimes, my brain shuts down when I reach certain parts of the story.

Questionable Prophet

DeadlyFeatherDust

I know! I thought I did awesome on my research paper a couple days ago: just got it back and I got a 78 sad I was super depressed. I started working on it the end of last summer/ begining of this school year. I was writing like eight pages a day when I was still in the 'OMG-I-have-an-awesome-story-and-plenty-of-ideas' stage. Also, editing sucks.

Editing is painful.

I love that feeling at the beginning of a story where you just feel like everything is going right.

@Sinistrus:
Yay =]
How old did you turn.

I rarely add characters into my story, I do a lot of taking characters out though.
@Desi:
I turned 15. xD;

With my story, at a certain part, most of them leave. Then a few more will be added for a little bit, and so on.

I also love that good feeling at the beginning of a story. o:

Questionable Prophet

I got cat hair in my eye! gonk

@Sinistrus:
My characters are pretty consistent.
How long, time wise, is your story suppose to last. ( Like, does it last a month, a week, a day?)
@Desi:
The timeline is about one to two years.
Who knows, I end up changing a few things now and then.
I don't know if that's good or not.

Questionable Prophet

It's hard to know until the story is over and edited and all that.

Questionable Prophet

*hidden bump*

Progress:
I've added a new scene to my story. So, I've written about 2 pages.

Feral Lunatic

50,800 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Party Member 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
Status Report: Story is at 11.5k. I estimate it could stretch out to twice that by the time I consider it finished. >_>; All the time-skipping still bothers me, but meh. I'll at least keep working on it till the end of this month. Then I'll have to face the difficult decision of whether to really write that fantasy novel in Suwrimos or plan a different, perhaps easier one...

Quote:
I love that feeling at the beginning of a story where you just feel like everything is going right.

Yes. I wish that feeling would last the entire time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff