Welcome to Gaia! ::

Progress:
Gods of War Book 1: Children of the Gods

Prologue: completed (4,082 words)
Chapter 1: completed (4,394 words)
Chapter 2: completed (4,649 words)
Chapter 3: completed (4,372 words)

Total word count:17,497.

I've given myself a goal of 5,000 words per chapter but can never seem to reach it, for some reason.

Sparkly Gekko

Kind of in a slump. I guess that means I'll be taking a break for the holidays.
I am currently in the process of expanding my two main novels (and one short story); adding more detail to the characters, their backgrounds and interactions. I have noticed that as these main works are part of the same series, preserving consistency between the stories is a little difficult at times.

I also have a long dormant third main novel to complete. So far I have drafted three of a possible eighteen chapters for the third novel.
Last year, I wrote a pair of poems. Decided it's darn tooting time I finish editing them a week or so ago. Already had edited them a few times. Now, I decided last weekend and give them to my parents for Christmas as part of their gifts.

Only issue is I won't get the paper I need till Christmas eve, so going down to the wire. Yay! More time to edit. Or I might go out this weekend and see if I can find something that'd work at a craft store... Debating it. Still won't print it and all till next week, but nervous I am.
Went through three drafts of those poems. Tomorrow I really need to sit down and finish a short. By Christmas, I'm going ot start the next draft of the novel. Should be the final one before I start sending out queries.

Quotable Sophomore

3,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I've proofread five chapters in The Stars Are Infinite. God...just a little over 100 pages to go, and then I can finally submit it to my publisher, with my acknowledgements page, updated bio, and all that good, delicious stuff. I also finished revising a poem I'm giving my boss as a late Christmas present. That was a beast to write.

Quotable Sophomore

3,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
xNeonPegasusx
Progress:
Gods of War Book 1: Children of the Gods

Prologue: completed (4,082 words)
Chapter 1: completed (4,394 words)
Chapter 2: completed (4,649 words)
Chapter 3: completed (4,372 words)

Total word count:17,497.

I've given myself a goal of 5,000 words per chapter but can never seem to reach it, for some reason.

Only because a chapter needs to be as long as it needs to be. Constricting yourself to 5,000 words a chapter can lead to a major meltdown of your book. All novels have varied chapter and word lengths.
Been writing. The poems were a big hit with my parents. Now they're asking if there's somewhere I could submit them. Had to break it to them that's the easy part.

Though these have been heavily worked on. Once one magazine opens up next week again for submissions, I'm sending them in. Can't hurt. wink

Questionable Prophet

Congrats on all the progress!
@Amberskye: You're so close!

Sir Icehawk
Been writing. The poems were a big hit with my parents. Now they're asking if there's somewhere I could submit them. Had to break it to them that's the easy part.

Though these have been heavily worked on. Once one magazine opens up next week again for submissions, I'm sending them in. Can't hurt. wink

Coolio.
Do you share a lot with your parents? I get super nervous whenever I share anything with my mom.
Good luck with the submission. OuO

My Progress:
I did NaNo ad won it, but was actually able to get the first draft of Unrealities done a few weeks later at around 60K words.
Just started the rewrite. About six hundred words into it.
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Sir Icehawk

Coolio.
Do you share a lot with your parents? I get super nervous whenever I share anything with my mom.
Good luck with the submission. OuO

If they'd ask, I wouldn't say no, but I don't generally go out of my way to wave anything in the air. I was very nervous about this, yet I knew it'd be fine. Their my parents, not an editor considering spending a wad of cash on them.
My progress?
Sigh.. I don't want to think about it.
I procrastinate too much
I wrote a few pages of a story about a week ago. emotion_eyebrow
I've been bad. My shiny new PS4 and Dragon Age have let me produce no words yesterday. sad

Questionable Prophet

Snowfax
My progress?
Sigh.. I don't want to think about it.
I procrastinate too much

I know that pain.

@Icehawk:
True.
And yay PS4! When'd you get it?

My Progress:
Nothing. u.u
I bought it over the weekend before Amazon's get 2 free games sale ended. I have Amazon Prime free for a month, so I have a feeling it may hurt my pocketbook. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff