Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
I was gonna start this new short story, but I just... can't write it. It's... weird. But I can't. I just can't.

I did, however, make progress on chapter 6 :'D May start chapter 7 soon (^_^)

Goddess Rukus
Another rejection. Frustrated and don't know what to do with myself.

Awww, that sucks sad Did they at least give a short critique or something? I heard there were some magazines that actually do that.

Ekimal Tsan

Welcome! ^_^ Ahhh, I feel your pain. If you want to try writing something, or writing again (even if it's just a little) there's a prompts thread here you could check out! :') It's pretty awesome, and it helped me get ideas, too.

I also wouldn't worry too much about your writing level during your rough draft. You can always edit it later, plus writing it out will be good practice and help you improve. And as long as you enjoy yourself, right?

Sparkly Gekko

SebastiansLittleDoll
I sent to this magazine specifically because I've sent to them before and they've always given me a reason for not accepting my submissions. The magazine before this one didn't tell me why, though.

Congrats on your progress! And I understand what it's like to have an idea that's just germinating and not actually being written. That's actually sort of happening to me now, but I hope a recent art thing I'm doing will get me back on track with that story idea.

Today's Progress: Looked for more magazines to send my short story. May or may not dig out an old one for editing tomorrow.

Mega Storyteller

14,950 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elysium's Hero 500
I'm actually pretty proud of myself today.

I polished off the final round of outlines/first draft, which was about 6 chapters, and started on the major second drafting of my novel. I got about halfway through the prologue, including managing to narrow down the major mythology so that it's easy to follow and easy to add to in later books, and lead it right into the specific world and species that my story follows.

I'm hoping to keep my rate at a chapter per day until it is done. Currently, unless it decides to expand again, it's looking like a 36 chapter novel.

Adorable Fisher

Progress: Wrote a heart pulling chapter about the main character seeing her boyfriend for the first time after botched bottom surgery. In it, she finds out he blames himself for "pressuring her" to get the procedure done by somebody who was much less than educated about the procedure when it was entirely not her boyfriend's fault but rather threats from his family telling her to get out of his life. What followed was a very gentle and intimate innocent loving moment between them while the main character tries not to cry as to not make his pain even worse. I got an unusual amount of people liking this chapter, which tells me I did a pretty good job. I'm not going at the pace I'd like to (a couple of people have been like, "I wish you'd update more often" ). I've been updating on an average of 5 days now, when before it used to be nightly or every two days. But I'm in college now. Its a balance. I get physical pains to want to write this book when I haven't written it for a long time, though, missing it like a dear friend. So I have to write it regardless.

I'm still trying to find somebody to write the script for the play or movie (whichever we decide). The last person I asked flaked just like everybody else. I swear its a curse. Nobody wants to work with me even though I am a sweetie pie. Its a mystery. I swear to need to find an awesome script writer who is foaming at the mouth for lgbt rights in order for them to be interested enough to keep up with their work on this script...

Sparkly Gekko

Resubmitted that short story that got rejected. May or may not work on that thing I extended later today.

Ice-Cold Superhero

18,550 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
Haven't done anything for awhile. Can't seem to write the connecting chapters or work on the start of the plot. Overthinking character designs too. I think this story will end up in the "Dead Universe" section of my notes, just as the other science-fiction world went.

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
Am able to work on that short story now. But I'm really, really confused as to where it will go.

Goddess Rukus
SebastiansLittleDoll
I sent to this magazine specifically because I've sent to them before and they've always given me a reason for not accepting my submissions. The magazine before this one didn't tell me why, though.

Congrats on your progress! And I understand what it's like to have an idea that's just germinating and not actually being written. That's actually sort of happening to me now, but I hope a recent art thing I'm doing will get me back on track with that story idea.

Ahhh, magazines like that are good. Then you can actually improve and try resubmitting, or at least see what you did that may have been distasteful to them.

Thank you!!! Luckily I have written something down. I hope it continues this way until I actually finish writing the story.

Quote:
Today's Progress: Looked for more magazines to send my short story. May or may not dig out an old one for editing tomorrow.

That's me everyday :') Looking for magazines, that is. Even though the number of mags I actually submitted to pale in comparison to the number of mags I want to submit to. I should get some progress done ._.'

Timid Raider

My story is now published on Kindle and I'm doing the CreateSpace thingamoo. My proof copy should be arriving for me to check over for errors by the middle of next month.

Hooray for the ease of self-publishing!

Sequel is now at 37k.

Sparkly Gekko

Finished and posted chapter six of that thing I extended. Plotting chapter seven and working on artwork today. Also looking for places to resubmit a short story I lost faith in a while back.

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
Now it feels like I'm in some crazy writing frenzy. I start that short story for that contest the other day. Today I started a new one, and there may be another one coming. Ahhh, it feels like I'll deplete my imagination soon even though realistically things like that don't happen, but, since it's enjoyable I'll just go along with it.
Progress:
Started and finished chapter 1 of my currently untitled ghost story. Pretty happy with this story and the characters so far. Word count: 2, 824.

EDIT: Now 2, 160 words into chapter 2.
Progress:
Completed chapter 2 of my ghost story. Word count: 3, 820.

Total word count so far: 6, 644.

Shy Sophomore

17,050 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
Been a while since I updated here, keeps slipping my mind when I'm busy with other things.

Progress: I'm up to 16K+ for my HiaH project! Super excited and plotting certain specific events that must happen later on for character development. Made a choice that my MC will have companions with her that will make it a little easier on her so she doesn't constantly just have my disembodied voice of my male MC who's traveling with her as a soul attached to a tattoo. Will give her a chance to talk to real tangible people who aren't out to hurt her or kill her.

Wheezing Nerd

8,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
Haven't written anything in far too long. Perhaps its a sign. Thinking about starting up but not sure if I should pick up one of my WIPs or start anew :l

Actually, getting reminders from people did help while it was happening.
Not much sleep last night not for a lack of effort. Or should it be... whatever.

Editing today. Should get the story done at lunch.

Think I sent out a manuscript in half manuscript format a week or so ago. Cover letter had all the details, but I forgot to include them on the manuscript as well. Font and all was ok, just missing that. Really annoys me, because I always double check all this. Oh well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff