Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

@ Da Flea:
He is such an awesome dog, he might be a possum.

Your work doesn't sound that bad, just a little different. I don't think you have to explain something in a story if it doesn't actually come up, right. Lord of the Rings never explained...I've only seen the movies....And I kind of wander off during the middle....I don't have any good examples.

I realize how ridiculous this is now, but I use to be afraid that a detective having a phobia would put my story in the gutter. I just wrote it though, back when I believed I would get published no matter what. rolleyes ( And I will, it's just going to be harder...)

Just think, at least you're working on something and not falling out of practice.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Flea: Believe it or not I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would love to read that inbetween line. I know I say this a lot, but I love what you've told me about your world (I still can't wait for Esby) and it's definitely the kind of thing I'd like to read if I saw it in a book store. I don't like the whole full-fantasy thing very much, so I think I'd find your stuff refreshing. Plus, from what I've seen it's intelligent and I think I'll like the characters. :] Don't lose faith! I want to be able to read them.

I have to edit my essay, hand it in, do some reading, revision and washing before I can even think about planning my new novel. I'll treat it as some kind of reward for getting all my stuff done today. I can't wait to start writing it. It's something quite different to what I normally write, with gangs and drugs and... well, okay, there're dead people, but y'know. Mostly different. XP
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
icy_cold_mist
Whoot! I just finished the really crappy first draft for a short story! : D

Woot Woot blaugh
Now you can join those of us in the painful stage of editing.
What's the short story about?

Well, I'm entering a writing contest. The object is to write a short story about a song. So I chose "Paper Walls" by Yellowcard. It's about a girl who's got a bunch on her mind, then finds a mysterious message with only an address and a time on it. So she ends up at this wild bonfire. And she meets a guy who sort of eases her stress levels. Not the most creative, but eh. Lol.

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
I'm working on my first novel (that will be completed unlike the trashed projects). I made a rough-draft (not a first draft) and got up to 14 short chapters. That was for the Runescape Forums (Stories section). I decided - what if this was turned into a possibly published novel...? I started over again, eliminating any references to the Runescape world to my original idea and turned it into 3rd person to make it much easier. I'm glad I started over again - it feels good and now I'm to the second chapter.
lol Victoria of Aragon Saysx;;
lolololololololololololololololololololo ↘ ↘ ↘

ᆢᆢᆢ x@ Flea ;; I know the feeling all too well. But I'v convinced myself that this time around, I'm not going to let the comments get to me. I'll take them into consideration, but I won't let that deter me too much. For some reason, I actually want to write about teenage angst without the happy-go-lucky ending. If my betas - once I get them - can't look over the theme, then I'll just have to find others. Then maybe I can move on to my blasted fantasy thing I've been mulling over since I was nine. Urgh'.

@ Desi ;; LOL. Your grandpa' sounds like one of those cool, down to earth types of guys. Though, if he was talking about my grandmother, I probably wouldn't find it so hilarious...

@ PMS ;; Hope your new novel goes well for you, then. <3 As well as the editing on your first. As I've said before, I hate that part more than anything else. ;>>

@ Chess ;; I'm curious to see how that will play out. O o; I've had a few friends who would write about their characters from MMO's or online roleplays... but they never seem to finish them. Be it for lack of motivation or just realizing they based their character around someone else's design. > <;;

@ All ;; Finished up chapter two, and got about four pages into chapter three today. It's mostly talking back and forth, though... so I'm afraid to see how long it'll become. ;~;

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Victoria: It's my least favourite part, too. I mean, you can ask Flea. XD Every time I finish a novel I say "This will be the time I'll edit it properly" but in the past it never happened. The one good thing that's come out of my creative writing course is that I'm not quite so afraid of the criticism - or at least I'm more willing to consider it carefully and give it a go.

The new novel is exciting, though, because beginnings always are. Congrats on your progress! =D

Questionable Prophet

@Victoria:
I write too much dialog. I have to always go back and rip out conversations.
It's sound like you're dong well with your project.

@Chess:
Good Luck heart
I've never done RP, sounds like you could make it into a good story.

@Icy Cold Mist:
The yellowcard...I know that band...I've seen it on my MP3 player........sounds cool. Good Luck with the contest.

@PMS:
That's an awesome reward for yourself.

My Progress:
I've rewritten a scene and I'm still editing chapter four.
I've been desperately trying to think up a story idea for my first attempt at writing a script/movie screenplay. I want to do something about insomnia but have no idea where to take it.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Desi: That's what I thought! The only problems are that I might get too distracted, or that the novel might not be enough of a reward... Hopefully neither of those will happen, although the first one is incredibly likely.

Lianuu: Perhaps you could read other pieces of fiction that deal with the same issue? Or just do some geneal research? Normally if I'm writing about something like that, the best thing for me to do is to read about it; I usually get ideas pretty quickly.

I made a banner for my new novel tonight. It's in my signature. Exciting! =D

Questionable Prophet

Lianuu
I've been desperately trying to think up a story idea for my first attempt at writing a script/movie screenplay. I want to do something about insomnia but have no idea where to take it.

I would just start.
Insomnia is your idea, it seems like to me.
All you need to do is figure out your character and write. Conflict should come up..

At least that's the way I write.

@PMS:
I get distracted so much. To help me keep up excitement I try not to talk about my story until I'm done with it. It helps me with motivation...
I also don't know what's going to happen at the end either.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Desi: Usually I don't know what's going to happen at the end either. I mean, often I'll start out with some kind of vague idea, but that most likely changes before I get there. XD I like making banners, it makes it seem more official or something. Like I can prove that I'm doing something legitimate. Plus, procrastination ftw, right? User Image

Questionable Prophet

Yay for procrastination.
My favorite thing to do is open up the document and then pretend like I'm doing research or I'm thinking while going on gaia or facebook. whee

I wanted to do an outline for my first time doing Nano and I got into all the details, knew the beginning, middle and end. By the end of the first chapter I was doing a completely different story.

Questionable Prophet

Progress: Edited a chapter and sent it off to my beta reader.
Continued scribbling in notebook about "book" 2.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Desi: Gaia and Facebook will be the reasons I fail at life, I'm sure. gonk

Progress: Planned out some of my characters, and wrote a short synopsis kinda thing (like a blurb, only slightly longer - not quite a full summary). I want to start writing, but I have more important university things to do. Maybe later...
Progress. Okay.

I'm just a little bit confused about a few things.
1) My story has reached a certain point, where it actually wouldn't be a bad idea to take out the lame-vampire aspect to it, but I'm afraid if I do so, I'll be left with a boring teenage angst story which is almost as bad. The only reason why I'm a little bit weary about it, is because I've failed to talk to other people about it.

2) I get a little bit upset at times. I have to practically beg people to read my story, so after a while, I'm just starting to think that I really suck. However, when my friend, who everyone I know is in love with, posts a story, everyone reads it and tells her how good she is at writing. She writes maybe 1 one page story, every two weeks. I just get this theory, that the more people that like you and are interested in what you have to say, the more success you will have as a writer. Most people couldn't care less about what I have to say, so I guess I fail.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff