Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Explorer

Kurama Bingyi

Welcome ^^

My Progress: 11 page short story and 22k on NaNoWriMo
Argh, finals are looming, >.> they mock me so, lol
Edited a story. At that point where I'm looking to make sure all those little details are in there to make sure the world is flushed out.

Dapper Genius

7,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Survivor 150
Finally getting on to chapter four but it's kinda hard since I know I have to go back an edit the other chapters as well as the one I am working on. But I am resisting the urge to edit so I can actually continue and make progress.

Questionable Streaker

Progress: 150 or so words. Hey, it's something
Wrote 1,867 words. Less that 600 away from 40k!
Edited another piece today. Making lots of progress. Should be on the last draft of these 5 stories before I start sending them out, and on to the next 4.

Have an idea for a story I may start today. Will see how it goes.
Reached the 40k mark. Next month I plan to reach 60k.

Friendly Informer

3,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Informer 100
First time posting in this thread, woo!

I should be writing a flashback scene but I just can't get started today. I've also got to figure out how to make a smooth transition with adding three new supporting characters... unfortunately, I have no inspiration today. crying Ugh.

I wrote 587 words yesterday, so that's something. I can only work in short bursts.

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
I'm still kinda having troubles on editing a certain part. I guess I should spill my guts about it.

Okay, so, basically, the scene that I'm having the most troubles with is when one of my characters, Drake, is in a cemetery (don't ask). He's reflecting on his life, and in this scene or part or whatever I'm revealing his past. I'm trying to show it through him remembering it (like actually writing down what he remembered, if you know what I'm saying). I'm struggling with portraying it interestingly and portraying his emotions properly. Also, I'm worried if I portrayed him as being spoiled (in one of his memories he was spoiled) well enough or not. I tried researching it and I didn't exactly find what I was looking for.

Well that felt good.
Just got a rejection. It came with two comments: not as strong of a voice as they'd prefer and not as engaged with the MC in the opening as they hoped. Now to figure out how to address those, give the story a few more drafts, and send it out again!

EDIT: THink I may have fixed the latter a little with the first words out of the MC's mouth. It's funny enough that I'm still giggling. May try to splash that throughout the piece.

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
Okay, I'm making slow progress, but slow progress is better than no progress at all.

Friendly Informer

3,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Informer 100
Wrote 3,133 words today. eek I somehow managed to stay inspired for a few hours today, and just kept typing and typing. Plus it was all in the one scene, too! I don't know how I managed to lengthen just a mere therapy session between two main characters like this, but I'm impressed with myself and my progress.

Prophet

Edited the Prologue and rewritten Chapter One of Millennium Children.
I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere with this.
progress:
my parents and my family found out about my book's existence.
i was going to reveal it to them at my upcoming birthday (nov. 19).
now it's spreading like wild fire. perhaps my birthday wish is coming true.

hoekoyami's Wife

Demonic Unicorn

16,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Partygoer 500
paulnat1
progress:
my parents and my family found out about my book's existence.
i was going to reveal it to them at my upcoming birthday (nov. 19).
now it's spreading like wild fire. perhaps my birthday wish is coming true.

That's so awesome! Congratulations! 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces