Welcome to Gaia! ::

The good news,for you,is that i finished chosing my fantasy novel's characters names.
The bad ones,Is that I think that some of then are confusing.
Can you help me with that?

Diamanta
Edana/Aletia (Eilis's younger Sister,Leontia's cousin)
Eilis
Leontia (Amaris's younger Sister)
Domitia
Cadencia (Domitia's cousin)
Dicra
Nia
Kiros
Aylward
Einarr
Gaynor
Amaris
Gry
Arlana
Marnina
Elestren
Anwir (Minor character,but oh well)
Lattarn
Aeron
Colwyn (Aka:Fleinn)
Ciaran/Finnian (Uses two names)
Riona
Hafgan
Telyn or maybe Shela..I don't know wich one is better^^
Birna/Brina/Brisen or even Birsen (This one is a little undecided,but will be Bi,or Bri something.)
Esja
Viviana
Jórkell

Any chance to the reader confuse some characters,here?
Not as long as you make each character unique. Mabye shorten the list if you're that worried, but that sounds fine.
Nah, they're not that confusing. At least they use vowels, unlike some other fantasy names I've seen. xp
Sage of Chaos
Nah, they're not that confusing. At least they use vowels, unlike some other fantasy names I've seen. xp
lol I think that y should be a vowel. And is æ one or two vowels? It makes an "aie" sound.
they arent that confusing, as long as each characture is differnet in some way. if you are worried about them being confused, i know people that do the alphabate system, use the alphabate, and there can only be one name starting iwth that letter...
it depend how you introduce the characters, if you introduce them all togethor then it will be really confusing but if they are intruductions are stretched out it will be easier to remember
It's probably confusing because the same vowel sounds are presented a lot. The names are good, don't get me wrong, but next to each other you could give some people real headaches.
Some of then will never appear togueter

(Minus Aletia and Leontia,but they don't interact that much....

They are the two that bother me the most.
Both are nobles,even Leontia being a fourteen years old,and Aletia,a bitter young woman,and both are...Well,Leontia is a engineer,and Aletia,a healer.
Anyways,Aletia won't apear that much.

Maybe I should change Aletia's name to Edina,ou Ena? )

o_o' I actualy don't know exactly what the y sound is.
I mean...Kind of an i?
Y can sound different depending on the letters around it. For example the word "yes" and the word "Fyn." "Fyn" is pronounced like "fin."

Y is sometimes considered a vowel because of this secound pronounciation. Vowells are letters which only require the use of the throat; these letters are not restricted by tongue or mouth. So, you could end up with a name like "Hylgr" which is easily prounounced, yet looks odd.
Sage of Chaos
I'll support that
there's nothing wrong with them
And even if there were something wrong with those names a good storyline would save it.
Get the book started blaugh
Sounds good enough....they all end in "a" but w/e.haha.
Nah, they're good. Nice and creative. biggrin
ack, there are so many of them!
by themselves, they aren't confusing, no. don't drop names though a lot, though, or they will be. very. confusing. i hope you don't have them all in the same room at the same time.
although that could be pretty funny if you did it after your audience knew who everyone was...
i think its only confusing if you are talking about or including them all in the same scene/chapter, the names are great though

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff