Welcome to Gaia! ::

*cuddles thread*

[+1] 1 100.0% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 78 ]

Shadowy Senshi

@Whimsi - To upgrade relationship please install the necessary extension!

@Limitless - This code will always be giving me troubles. I was hoping to figure out the main problem this last week so I could continue to work on the smaller easier things but instead my research has shown me how to do the smaller thing but none of the larger one gonk May your own words and fingers be speedy and productive!

Revered Nerd

Morse: That sounds like a problem on for your coding.

Lol, If only they were as easy to deal with as computers.
Although I think I have figured out my problem. I do not know if it flows/works better if Ri freaks out (completely in character mind you) or if she has a calmer reaction to being told that he likes her.
Edit: Think I have it figured out.
420 words later, and my MC at last managed to crawl his way out of danger. cool

Now to get him to bed, and this scene will finally end.

Mors
Just kick the code's uncooperative booty.
-kicks it a few times myself-

Shadowy Senshi

@Limitless - If only it was that easy! I'm pretty good at kicking a** ;D

Woot! Congrats to the two of you for conquering your writing roadblocks!

No one is emailing me back, running out of coding tutorials, and the wind sounds awful outside. Today is falling apart and it will effect the rest of the week gonk
Mors
I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. =(
Gonna have a lot more time tomorrow for writing, so I'm excited that I got past that hurdle today so tomorrow's writing can go a lot more smoothly.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

*crawls in*

Today....was a Monday.

And why do the nicest people always have cancer?

I wish I had about a pound of chocolate right now. I suppose I better eat dinner before I go binge on sugar, though. How's everybody else doing?

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

D'awww! Thank's, Anon! <3333

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Limit - Oh, how I wish that cupcake were real! Thanks, girl. I appreciate it. emotion_hug
Jade
I wish it were real too. I'd totally bake a batch of cupcakes for you if I could! emotion_hug

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Limit - Aww, that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all day!

Well, maybe except for, "Yeah, that guy's posterior mitral valve leaflet was totally prolapsing," but that's just because I caught some pathology and whenever a doctor complements my finds I get excited. xD

But yours definitely trumps even that! <3

Obsessive Loiterer

StayFocusd would have worked if my nap hadn't turned out to be 3.5 hours long. sweatdrop Ack. I guess I needed the sleep?

Anyway, I'm going to try to keep this progress chart updated. It's got my schedule updated in it (through June/July), and, now that I look at it... Well, I feel like I'm being colossally stupid by attempting it, but OH WELL. Trying anyway. We shall see.

How's everybody else managing?

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Glad you got some good sleep out of it, Moya! Hope your refreshed and ready to rumble. ^ ^

So I did some vague calculations. With the current rate of Shadows and how much I estimate it's going to take to get to one of the Big Events that should kick off the climax, I'm going to have to write around 20-30k. Working at my current speed, this is gonna take months to finish.

I figure, the most I've ever written in a single week is 50k. That's balls out, inspiration out the wazzoo, and every single moment of spare time spent writing. I probably won't be able to accomplish that, but a lesser goal is feasable.

Therefore, starting this Friday and going to the following Friday, I'm going to challenge myself to write 20k for the week and carve out a good chunk of Shadows. Naturally, I'm going to hit road blocks and snags all the way along, since my characters are notoriously difficult and I'm running out of steam anyway. Which is why I have you guys, my writeaholic anonymous support system. I'm probably going to be on here bitching/begging for help for help every single day. And I hope you guys love me enough to put up with it. ^ ^

So it's decided. Come this Friday, it's on. D<
Jade
<3
I'll definitely help! We can war!
That sounds like so many words, and if it were me I know it'd be impossible. But I know you can do it.

Moya
Sleep is good. I slept twelve hours last night myself.
Dude, that progress chart is detailed. You should gimme some Excel pointers sometime!
I got through a major hurdle in my story today. =)

Obsessive Loiterer

Aurin: Wooo, go, go, go! I'll be with you all the way! How many words a day is that? 3k-ish? I'll expect daily updates from you! I've actually penciled in a daily reminder to myself to bug you about it, so I'll do my best to cheer/nag you on!

Limitless: I actually got the chart online and filled in the info for myself. If you want the link, I might be able to dig it up.

I'm glad that you got through a major hurdle! whee I'm really proud of you.

Also, is my schedule insane? It's planned through June/July.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Anon - You make my day. Seriously. This is why I come to this thread when I'm having a bad day. emotion_hug

Limit - I'm probably gonna need those wars. Glad you're with me! And I bet, if you really set your mind to it, you would be able to write just as many words in that time! I really bet you could.

Moya - I didn't count. That seemed a bit much for my brain at the time. xD I'll keep some kind of daily update in my siggy. That way I'll feel guilty if I don't have anything to update it with per day. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff