*cuddles thread*

[+1] 1 100.0% [ 78 ]
Total Votes:[ 78 ]

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Smutty: Yo! I am very well thank you. Just had my first few days in London for my masters programme. How are you?

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Terradi: As long as 'character' doesn't mean whining about immortality for most of the book, you MUST give me an amazon link to your stuff so I can buy it. I LOVE that stuff and have been searching for it, especially involving vampires, for years.
pms;; that sounds fun! how are you liking it so far? both the program and the city?
i'm doing well. currently ignoring the stack of children's books that are sitting next to me in favor of chatting here and planning my trip in october.

[edit]terra;; i'm also interested in reading it! so you'll have to let me know as well.

High-functioning Noob

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Blahhhhhh and more blah complaining.
Or should I say 'bah?' emotion_awesome

My entire torso is super sore and I'll likely be getting my a** kicked again this weekend so I'm reeeeally tempted to skip class and just stay home and write. I got all my revising done last night so now for uberloads of planning! >.>

And yay for Terra! I hope it all goes well. I think anyone would get excited over vampires with a fresh spin. 3nodding Literally everything is better than Twilight, so I think you're good, but yes, link us when it's up??

Ivre: My story has blood-drinking, cannibalism, and (kind of later revealed) themes of immortality. I pretty much just took existing occult elements and gave them my own twist/lore. Does that sound like something you'd be interested in?
/is curious if I would target the same audience cause I still have no clue what to genre/label mine as.

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Tol: It sounds very interesting.

About your back. Can you take a bath with epsom salts?

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Ivre -- My first protag is still trying to adjust to the fact that he's not human and never will be human again. Being a vampire isn't really a perk. They're aggressive over territory and will fight or kill to protect what is theirs. My MC has nothing, doesn't understand the rules, and it is by luck alone that he actually survives his first week. Most vampires go insane around or before they hit their first century -- their lifespan isn't much different from humans.

I didn't want to write a traditional vampire book. I think I succeeded in twisting the mythology enough to make it mine without falling too heavily on the old stereotypes. But a good half of the story is my MC really growing up and figuring out who he is and where he wants to stand.

If you don't mind reading through and giving me thoughts, I certainly don't mind sending out an emailed to you. I think what I have is polished enough and ready to go, but more eyes are certainly a good idea.
tol;; bananas and water!
that's my recommendation for the soreness.

not sure if it would interest the same general audience as i'm really bad with gauging that sort of thing (and genres in general), but it definitely sounds interesting and like something i would pick up and read for sure. c:

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Terradi: It could take me a while to finish reading, but if you don't mind that, I'd love to read it.

There is a literal catfight going on in front on my monitor.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Ivre -- I sent off this story four months ago to a bunch of people I'd expected answers from. Got answers from zero of them. I've had much better feedback from Gaia, much to my surprise.
Take all the time you need. Just pm me your email and I'll send that out tonight.

High-functioning Noob

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

smuts: I never read fiction so I'm 100% clueless as to what to genre/label it as. emo
So far my only label for it is, "the thing that I am writing."

Ivre: It's more my obliques and abs, my back has always been really strong for god knows why. (Actually it was probably from having a stupid heavy backpack all throughout highschool.) But I am tempted to take a hot bath, don't have epsom salts, also never heard of bananas. o.O Do they generally help with muscle soreness? I have a collagen supplement I take that helps repair torn muscles and it keeps my ligaments strong. I used to get bad sore knees but now it's just my sides and under my arms that get tender. >.>
^This is what I get for skipping class for two weeks.

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

RIGHT NOW I SHALL MAKE HABANERO COOKIES (which I misspelled as "cookiers" and was tempted to just leave it).

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Anyone here make maps or family trees for their stuff?
jade;; may they be ever much better than the ghost pepper wings i had last night.
i swear, those were sweet and almost tasted as if there was syrup on them. ick.

on the same note, if they turn out good share the recipe you use with me! i've had pepper cookies before but i've never made them. people made them and shared. been afraid to just pluck a random recipe though.

compendium;; i don't, but probably should sometimes.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
closest I get is drawing out houses in paint so I have the layout down.

Tried one family tree. It was a headache and I gave up.

Desirable Genius

10,150 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
I am The Compendium
Anyone here make maps or family trees for their stuff?

I've made a family tree once before, on my first NaNo project actually.. But almost anytime I go to make a map I want to flip a table and quit it. The tedium of it murders me. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff