Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

So, yeah, I am the obnoxious aunt asking you what you're going to do with your year new year and are you just turning into a crazy cat lady or will you ever get a "special" friend?

Any writing resolutions and plans to not follow through with them?

Any 2014 writing regrets?

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Might as well. I suppose I resolve to finish my elves project and edit my shadows one. Both beastly projects in their own. And now that it's been made a resolution there's no not following through with them. Dammit. xD
Right now, I really just need to work on improving my focus. In the past, I've let myself become distracted, and that's never very productive.

Questionable Prophet

Nice. My goal is to simply write everyday. I didn't do enough writing in 2014. So much so that I feel that my skills have actually regressed.

But, this year, I'm getting back on track.

Noble Hunter

3,450 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
I've got plans to write more than I did in 2014 and to edit some of my finished stuff. And to maybe conquer my fears of rejection and submit things either for traditional publication or to try the self-publishing route, once I conquer my near phobic levels of fear of having my writings ng rejected. Nothing a bit of positive thinking can't conquer, right?

Lonely Friend

my solo writing has taken the back burner tbh. but my resolution is to read a book every week. i only read something like ten or fifteen books in 2014. i would love to be able to read a book a day but work and friends get in the way of that so i felt like a book a week would be best.

Questionable Prophet

twinks and bears
my solo writing has taken the back burner tbh. but my resolution is to read a book every week. i only read something like ten or fifteen books in 2014. i would love to be able to read a book a day but work and friends get in the way of that so i felt like a book a week would be best.

One book a week isn't bad at all.
I set a resolution to read about a 100 books this year. I'm using good reads to try and motivate me.
If you have one you can add me if you want Here

AmarylisCoventrya

I think you can do it. Have you gotten critques yet?

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I desperately want to improve my writing style. I have cool ideas, but my writing style is absolute s**t. Really dry and boring, more like reading a news article than a fantasy.

Blessed Genius

10,475 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
Hi Auntie~ Didn't know you used Gaia o.O Kind of frightening, actually.

For 2015, I want to work on my novel s'more. 2014 was... well, an okay year in terms of my novel, I managed to edit a fair bit, but I'm gonna go into overdrive this year. *-* I'm hoping to edit up to chapter 20. A little ambitious (I'm on chapter 6/7), buuuut it's good to set big goals, right? ^_^

I guess I want to get better at poetry too. I think I finally may be getting it. Or, maybe I suck as much as before. Either way, I'm enjoying it more now. Yay?

As for getting a boyfriend... *laughs and hugs computer*. My baby loves me. That's all that matters. T.T
1, Focus
2. Organize
3. Hire professional editing.

Possibly:
1. Hire an artist
2. Pay for Marketing
My new years resolution is to bloody get started on writing!! instead of planning the story/drawing maps/adding to the list of 2000 plus possible character names etc

sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop sweatdrop rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

I'll get there.

Questionable Inquisitor

I plan to have my first novel completed. The draft is already finished, but it's the editing that still needs to be done. I also plan to look into self-publishing a bit more.
I have another novel draft started that I hope to complete.
All in all, I'm planning to start treating my writing as a part-time job. While I don't expect to make any money, I do hope to get some of my writing "out there," as the cliche goes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff