Welcome to Gaia! ::

Any of you published?

I'm also looking for people who have finished a manuscript, and have/or attempting to send it out to publishers.

I've finished my novel (200+ pages). I have a professional editor already, just finishing up my first re-write, before sending it to her.
Wiggity what up, my ninja!

Yeah, i've finished a manuscript. It's all printed up and everything, just waiting to get mass-produced, bound, and hurled into the slavering jaws of the public.

I wish you luck.
What sort of story did you write? Do you have a publisher already, or still looking for one? Is it being published Hard back, Paper back, on-line?

Do you have a professional editor? How did the editing process go/work for you?
What type of fantasy story? High Fantasy, Light fantasy?

My story is a modern day fantasy.
I've written a novel, not published, I keep editing it and changing it though, it'll probably never be published, because I'll never be totally satisfied with it. sweatdrop
Haven't you heard to stop somewhere, and then leave it to your editor to fix. You will never be satisifed with it, but the point is to finish it and move onto something new.
I'm not writing any novels now, I'm just working on short stories...
S_Snape
Haven't you heard to stop somewhere, and then leave it to your editor to fix. You will never be satisifed with it, but the point is to finish it and move onto something new.

Good because that's what I do. I really, really hate editing because after so many times you just feel like throwing the thing out-- like it must be crap. I've finished many short stories, a bazillion poems, and one serious novel (120,000 words if I remember correctly), but I've only sent out poems a few times. Enough times to get rejection letters. ninja
I wish you the best of luck! I should really start thinking about writing a novel, instead of short stories!
i'm writing a novel, but i ahd to completely re-write the entire thing because...frankly...it sucked. stare

but hopefully, once i get it finished, i'll find an editor, and a publisher. 3nodding
I wouldn't have thrown out the entire novel. I would have used it as a basis to start for your re-write. My current re-write, has the chapters almost doubling in word length between the first draft and the re-write, it's scary.
I have kept the original, and i'm pretty much keeping the same idea fro the story, and characters, but i'm just rewriting it.

to me, the grammar, and jsut the way it was going entirely made me want to throw it away, but instead, i just took and began redoing everything.

it is turning out much better, so i think it was a goo idea. 3nodding
I have finished a short story, and am in the process of writing a sequel to it, possibly a chapter story. smile I wrote the short story in my Composition class, and everyone who read it thinks I ought to have it published, or submit it to one of those writing contests. ^_^;
ive finished a story, just working on revising it now. is it bad to want to completly change around your main characters personality? Because my first draft-as i look back on it now-is really crappy and i dont want my main character to feel how it is portrayed.....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff