Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
V0ids
terradi
Possible, but still unlikely. Else the people I knew who were doing animal rescue up in Fukushima would have seen interesting mutations. And my cats (who were irradiated before being born and who were born around 19 miles from the Daiichi plant) would have shown some signs of mutation by now. They're sadly, much more likely to die more quickly than anything else. (Several of the cats my group rescued from Fukushima have died far too young.) Wish it was otherwise. I'd be fine with cats with superpowers.

It is your story. If you're going to ignore reality or invent your own power system, or even your own radioactive elements or power plants which happen to be much more destructive than anything we've seen to-date, that is your prerogative. But you should be aware of where you're diverging from known and accepted science and where you're going to need to explain, if nothing else, for the purpose of maintaining believably.

i asked my mom who majored in biology and she said it is possible so i dont see how i am diverging, even if low chance it is possible :3

thank you for at least noting it is a story and not just rebuttling my ideas, i really appreciate it.

My mom regularly reads medical journals on this stuff, so l can see what she says for you if you like.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
It's probably a little too personal for me ... as said, I have irradiated kitties of my own (one of which is snoozing next to my foot) and friends in Fukushima. It's not entirely a hypothetical for me.

With Sci-fi, generally you have the choice of going the hard route and using existing science and technology to build your facts and your world or you can go the soft route and just go with the fact that certain things happen and exist and that's that.

Probably, the soft route will serve you better.

It sounds like you've got an idea on which route you want to go. If you decide at some point that you do want further links on some of the hard science behind what actually went on and is continually going on in Fukushima, just ask. That I can provide.

Golden Phantom

I_Write_Ivre
V0ids
terradi
Possible, but still unlikely. Else the people I knew who were doing animal rescue up in Fukushima would have seen interesting mutations. And my cats (who were irradiated before being born and who were born around 19 miles from the Daiichi plant) would have shown some signs of mutation by now. They're sadly, much more likely to die more quickly than anything else. (Several of the cats my group rescued from Fukushima have died far too young.) Wish it was otherwise. I'd be fine with cats with superpowers.

It is your story. If you're going to ignore reality or invent your own power system, or even your own radioactive elements or power plants which happen to be much more destructive than anything we've seen to-date, that is your prerogative. But you should be aware of where you're diverging from known and accepted science and where you're going to need to explain, if nothing else, for the purpose of maintaining believably.

i asked my mom who majored in biology and she said it is possible so i dont see how i am diverging, even if low chance it is possible :3

thank you for at least noting it is a story and not just rebuttling my ideas, i really appreciate it.

My mom regularly reads medical journals on this stuff, so l can see what she says for you if you like.

naw it cool

i think ill just trash this idea, to much trouble

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
it sounds really similar to Final Fantasy 7

Hygienic Werewolf

6,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
V0ids

Im struggling for the overall goal of the story
I had the idea of trying to shutdown the major power plants that are leaking radioactive energy via a technology the tech division had developed but than there is no "major enemy"
I pretty much have no bad guy D: help!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Great setting! There are a few ways you could go with this.

1. Monsters/Mutants they fight off increase in numbers unexpectedly, and they have to find out why
2. Food supply becomes low or contaminated and they must find a new source.
3. Another nuclear disaster causes them to need to move to a new place
4. The government is the reason for the nuclear disaster, but no one knows it yet. Perhaps it was done on purpose as a means to control the people.

An additional idea:
People are being born with resistance to radiation and can journey out of the cities safely. The government discovers this and forces those people into hiding because they want people to live in fear to be controlled.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff