Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Raider

I've got some halflings in my story, and I'm not sure what sort of structures they should live in.

They're little rabbit-like people, with long, furred ears and buck teeth, and they're very shy of big people. Their dwellings need to be easily disguised, such that someone who is walking through their territory will have no idea that there are halflings about at all.

I don't want them to live in holes though.

5,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Brodie Asturias
I've got some halflings in my story, and I'm not sure what sort of structures they should live in.

They're little rabbit-like people, with long, furred ears and buck teeth, and they're very shy of big people. Their dwellings need to be easily disguised, such that someone who is walking through their territory will have no idea that there are halflings about at all.

Homes disguised as bushes and brier patches?

Timid Raider

DarknessofHeavenandDreams
Brodie Asturias

Homes disguised as bushes and brier patches?

Actually, I really like that idea. Dunno why I didn't think of it. Thanks!

Magical Senshi

9,450 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Before I post what I want to ask of the thread I'd like to point out I am a bit slow and my grammar is lacking I do not comprehend(lots of people tried and failed to explain it to me I'm Autistic and it is impossible to explain grammar to me not to say all Austic people don't grasp it..) Proper punctuation so bear with me please.

Anyway. I love writhing and write a lot but for some reason I just never finish anything I write I'm not really sure why but I enjoy fantasies and amateur detective stories but I do not know how to write a murder mystery all books I've tried to use on the subject been unhelpful.... But I think I have several ideas I'm just not very good at fleshing them out anyone ideas? (I hope its right to ask here...)

1: A Urban fantasy that deals with a magical nightclub and its mysterious owner.

2: A very unique take on a dark maybe Horror fantasy about a supernatural circus ruled by the son of Satan and the book is from the "killer's" perspective then the victims.

3: A fantasy that revolves around a MMO and a sinister hacker's plot to unleash it upon the world..perhaps that's science fiction I'm not really sure.

4: A murder mystery about a 'open and shut' case and it stars a witch who has suspicions and is ironically the prosecutor.

5,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
WolfdeHeartless
Before I post what I want to ask of the thread I'd like to point out I am a bit slow and my grammar is lacking I do not comprehend(lots of people tried and failed to explain it to me I'm Autistic and it is impossible to explain grammar to me not to say all Austic people don't grasp it..) Proper punctuation so bear with me please.

Anyway. I love writhing and write a lot but for some reason I just never finish anything I write I'm not really sure why but I enjoy fantasies and amateur detective stories but I do not know how to write a murder mystery all books I've tried to use on the subject been unhelpful.... But I think I have several ideas I'm just not very good at fleshing them out anyone ideas? (I hope its right to ask here...)

1: A Urban fantasy that deals with a magical nightclub and its mysterious owner.

2: A very unique take on a dark maybe Horror fantasy about a supernatural circus ruled by the son of Satan and the book is from the "killer's" perspective then the victims.

3: A fantasy that revolves around a MMO and a sinister hacker's plot to unleash it upon the world..perhaps that's science fiction I'm not really sure.

4: A murder mystery about a 'open and shut' case and it stars a witch who has suspicions and is ironically the prosecutor.

For the first two, I'd recommend reading Circus of the Damned for inspiration.

Gaian

So I have a character who is a male prostitute who's gotten himself into danger, but I'm not quite sure on what that danger is. I'm thinking it involves one or more members of the city guard, so he's afraid to go to the guard for help. He has a friend who's been killed because of... whatever it is. I'm also not sure if the friend died and that caused him to investigate, or if they stumbled into trouble together and the friend was killed in front of him.

It's a Generic 16th-Century-European-Esque port city setting. I think there probably was a war with a neighboring country in the recent past, since I have another character who was a privateer, so I thought the conflict might have to do with that, but I just don't know where to go with it rofl So any idea-bouncing would be greatly appreciated.

5,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lazarus Larkin
So I have a character who is a male prostitute who's gotten himself into danger, but I'm not quite sure on what that danger is. I'm thinking it involves one or more members of the city guard, so he's afraid to go to the guard for help. He has a friend who's been killed because of... whatever it is. I'm also not sure if the friend died and that caused him to investigate, or if they stumbled into trouble together and the friend was killed in front of him.

It's a Generic 16th-Century-European-Esque port city setting. I think there probably was a war with a neighboring country in the recent past, since I have another character who was a privateer, so I thought the conflict might have to do with that, but I just don't know where to go with it rofl So any idea-bouncing would be greatly appreciated.

If there's a war going on, what if the dead prostitute was involved with a spy and killed to keep the secret?
hey its been a good while since ive posted on gaia but ya'll looked promising and i was hoping for some advice. im more of a manga type of writer but it all comes down to the story in the end. and that is my problem stare ..

i was wondering if i could get some idea on how would you sweatdrop connect two parts of a story together? because i got A and B i just can't figure out how to transfer it to the next scene if you get what im saying sweatdrop

Magical Senshi

9,450 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I feel a bit bad for asking for help again but this is with an actual book I wanna write.

The book I've not decided on name but its rather unique(I think) it focuses on a post apocalyptic modern day Earth in the book the world has changed drastically by the arrival of a mysterious inter dimensional being that invades the Earth and warps it beyond recognition soon after this crisis humanity has settled and the book follows a boy who becomes a monster tamer in hopes of destroying the main antagonist from his dystopian rule of the world.

Is that kinda stupid? I really wanna do a monster taming fantasy and it have several types of monsters I'm just a huge fan of monster collecting games and wanna make a book inspired by them.
WolfdeHeartless
I feel a bit bad for asking for help again but this is with an actual book I wanna write.

The book I've not decided on name but its rather unique(I think) it focuses on a post apocalyptic modern day Earth in the book the world has changed drastically by the arrival of a mysterious inter dimensional being that invades the Earth and warps it beyond recognition soon after this crisis humanity has settled and the book follows a boy who becomes a monster tamer in hopes of destroying the main antagonist from his dystopian rule of the world.

Is that kinda stupid? I really wanna do a monster taming fantasy and it have several types of monsters I'm just a huge fan of monster collecting games and wanna make a book inspired by them.

sounds like a great story basis to me I've read a few manga that pases the story on post apacolyps. And a monster tamer sounds like a great main character in my ears. biggrin

Magical Senshi

9,450 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
rikutefox

Thanks I donna is it kinda stupid to have four locations creating a force feild to protect the main antagonist's lair? I also am not sure if its stupid sounding for the villain to distort the fabrics of reality.
WolfdeHeartless
rikutefox

Thanks I donna is it kinda stupid to have four locations creating a force feild to protect the main antagonist's lair? I also am not sure if its stupid sounding for the villain to distort the fabrics of reality.
in my opinion the 4 shields could might work according to how set the setting around it like the obsticals I would think should be hard like a tower of death full of monsters to defeat or even infiltrating the base were it is held. There is a lot of of different things that could on.and the agtagonist powers that would be a good type of power to have I mean it would probably suck if the hero went threw all those hard ships and he/she had a weak power that could be over comed easily
You get my drift? :p

Magical Senshi

9,450 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
rikutefox

I don't wanna be cliche so any suggestions on summoning/catching monsters? I was thinking of a summoning chant to summon monsters but is drawing a big ol blank on how to bind them to a tamer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff