Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kairi Nightingale
Mai Picklepie

If you want to write it, then write it. If you don't, then don't. It depends on how you write an idea that determines whether it'll turn out good or not. But if you have low hopes for the story, if you feel like your forcing yourself to write it, then don't write it.

I think it would be an interesting idea to try at the very least.

I was afraid it would be kinda offensive for people with the same problems as the people in my story. But I tought about and I think that, if it was the case, every fiction that suggest a solution to a problem could be offensive, right?

Maybe I'll write it then. sweatdrop
Thanks for answering.
Mai Picklepie
Kairi Nightingale
Mai Picklepie

If you want to write it, then write it. If you don't, then don't. It depends on how you write an idea that determines whether it'll turn out good or not. But if you have low hopes for the story, if you feel like your forcing yourself to write it, then don't write it.

I think it would be an interesting idea to try at the very least.

I was afraid it would be kinda offensive for people with the same problems as the people in my story. But I tought about and I think that, if it was the case, every fiction that suggest a solution to a problem could be offensive, right?

Maybe I'll write it then. sweatdrop
Thanks for answering.

That's true. Like I said, it really depends on how you write it and what happens. I say go for it, and good luck.
I_Write_Ivre

All right. I'll incorporate those details in my story. Thanks a lot. I'm tempted to make this easier on me and just give her a medical degree and have her just be done with her residency in psychiatry. Makes life simpler since the licensure rules in medicine (taking the boards) and in specializing (taking a residency and taking an exam under the governing college/organization of your chosen specialization) are more clear cut.

It's more the emphasis on intuitive practitioner vis-a-vis the textbook academic that I'd like to bring out in this character. I plan on having another character who fits the latter more; I'm basing him on one of my classmates who happens to be the top of our class.

Thanks again. smile

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Nixie Astree-Sirius

It's more the emphasis on intuitive practitioner vis-a-vis the textbook academic that I'd like to bring out in this character. I plan on having another character who fits the latter more; I'm basing him on one of my classmates who happens to be the top of our class.

As long as her intuition makes sense as a) good psychology and b) not a random non seqitor
DarknessofHeavenandDreams
Nixie Astree-Sirius

As long as her intuition makes sense as a) good psychology and b) not a random non seqitor

Good point. smile Thanks!

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Nixie Astree-Sirius
Nixie Astree-Sirius

Good point. smile Thanks!

First article might be interesting.

4,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
So, the main character is homicidal, but in a nice, calm sociopath sort of way. I can't decide if I want her to simply kill her victims or do something more, like eat them. I know I want her to be brutal, but I don't want it to seem senseless. I want it to seem compulsive. Any ideas on how to proceed?

4,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Ripley_Toronto
So, the main character is homicidal, but in a nice, calm sociopath sort of way.

This doesn't make sense.

I was trying to explain that she wasn't going on frenzied killing sprees. She is calm, calculated, and completely heartless. She appears normal to most individuals, because she is easily able to manipulate.

4,400 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Moral Gutpunch
Ripley_Toronto

I was trying to explain that she wasn't going on frenzied killing sprees. She is calm, calculated, and completely heartless. She appears normal to most individuals, because she is easily able to manipulate.

Most sociopaths are like this. This doesn't make her friendly.

I never used the term friendly.
Ripley_Toronto
So, the main character is homicidal, but in a nice, calm sociopath sort of way. I can't decide if I want her to simply kill her victims or do something more, like eat them. I know I want her to be brutal, but I don't want it to seem senseless. I want it to seem compulsive. Any ideas on how to proceed?

I don't know, but maybe you could add some back story that justifies the compulsion?
For example, maybe she ate her first kill, like a kitten or a bird, in a tea party with her dolls at the backyard. Then should could try to relive the experience over and over.

Popular Member

7,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tipsy 100
Ripley_Toronto

Why do you need to add that?
Hey, I do have ideas for you, I write stories too, more like novels n stuff but I came across this and had a reading/writing craving afterwards xD

ANYWAY, think of the ending and how it should end, then fill in the middle with couple of important events. Then fill in the lil stuff leading to those events.

Who is ur intended audience? Will there be any huge brawls within the revolution? Will there be a random hot air balloon explosion killing the next to rule the kingdom? How does the next king decide to rule? Why do we say that the sky is the limit when there's footprints on the moon? If my friends are all dinosaurs, would that mean that they're all dead? -cough- obviously -cough-.... be creative, but stay on topic ^^ (unlike me there, i had some tea a lil earlier and its late Dx )

Hwii
I have this newly forming idea and perhaps you could catch me on where the plot may be more developed.

It's a fantasy story...but a very original one. I don't want ANYONE taking this idea. Had it for a while now...but anyway:

It will be set in a fairy kingdom in which the king is growing old. The antagonist will remain hidden and unknown...but you soon see that ideas of revolution set in. The fairy people want to be back to the old days in which they could rule themselves. The kingdom runs feverish with new ideas constantly spreading. In the midst of it all the king dies of old age and his young son must replace him. Now...the young fairy has to rule a kingdom with a court of fairies that may be conspiring against him.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
here's the scenario; nine medallions, nine spirits of those medallions, nine trials that my heroes need to go through in order to obtain them. i've already written where one character, Caitlin Rose, obtains the orange medallion, now i'm onto Starla; Caitlin's trial was the test of intelligence, Starla's will be the test of Fidelity. i need help with finishing that part of my chapter.
it starts off with her and her friends chasing a monster, whose ability is trapping the innocents in a painting or comic, named Inkwell. Max, Willis, Caitlin, and Meerlix are trapped in a comic; Starla passes through a white light and the scenery around her loses a bit of color. she wanders around a bit until finding a little girl (who will be her younger self). this little girl is being chased by a different monster.
i added in where her friends need her help and i also want Starla to guide this girl to her mother.
so far, that's where i left off at.
at the end, Starla's younger self turns into the spirit of the white medallion after the task is complete and awards her with the medallion. Starla is transported back to the real world with it around her neck and the spirit's power flowing through her veins, giving her a temporary energy boost to help her friends defeat the Inkwell monster; anything else between the start of that scene and the end, i can't think of.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff