5,950 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
The Phoenix Rises Again
Desdamona_the_beautiful
The Phoenix Rises Again
Desdamona_the_beautiful
I have some ideas that I was thinking of tying into the same story, but I realize now that they're all too diverse, so I was thinking of just doing a few of them. Which ideas do you like best?

A girl with the power to make anyone fall in love with her

A girl who has glass powers

A girl who's a marine

A young man who's the spitting image of an immortal's dead lover.

If you need me to go into more detail, just let me know
and if you have any suggestions, just speak up

What are 'glass powers'?

I actually think the marine thing could work with any other those. It's also my favorite.

think iceman, only with unbreakable glass instead of ice
I'm beginning to lean towards pairing the marine girl idea with the love girl idea

That could work very well. It sounds like a theme of romance vs. independence.

that's a good way of looking at it
I actually need a bit of help with the love girl because I'm not sure which direction to go with their personality
with the love power girl, I'm thinking that she either accidentally acquired her powers or inherited them, each possibility could have a different impact on her backstory and personality
Desdamona_the_beautiful

I actually need a bit of help with the love girl because I'm not sure which direction to go with their personality
with the love power girl, I'm thinking that she either accidentally acquired her powers or inherited them, each possibility could have a different impact on her backstory and personality

I'd go with inheriting them to reinforce how much she wants to break away from it.

Distinct Humorist

5,950 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
The Phoenix Rises Again
Desdamona_the_beautiful

I'd go with inheriting them to reinforce how much she wants to break away from it.

that works
I'm thinking that her mother had this power and used it to basically enslave anyone she could, so love girl tries not to use her powers, but she keeps on being put in situations where she has to
Desdamona_the_beautiful

that works
I'm thinking that her mother had this power and used it to basically enslave anyone she could, so love girl tries not to use her powers, but she keeps on being put in situations where she has to

What do you mean 'has to'?

Perhaps the mother was just form a different time when women were meant to be more subservient and marriage was for cozy little homemakers, so her mom made sure she had a happy life.

That's just a suggestion though. It's be an interesting contrast either way.

Distinct Humorist

5,950 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
The Phoenix Rises Again
Desdamona_the_beautiful

that works

What do you mean 'has to'?

Perhaps the mother was just form a different time when women were meant to be more subservient and marriage was for cozy little homemakers, so her mom made sure she had a happy life.

That's just a suggestion though. It's be an interesting contrast either way.

well addressing my idea, her mother was such a tyrant that the people are scared of anyone who has the same powers as she did, so love girl is basically a fugitive she has to use her powers to survive
addressing your idea, I like it, but that would fit in with her getting her powers accidentally better I think

5,750 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
i need to figure out if my OC is a mary sue...it's been bugging me to NO END!

in a fullmetal Alchemist fanfic
she's a girl from another universe, like an alternate universe
short
brown hair
cooks alright
doesn't know alchemy
she loves one of the characters but not Alphonse, Roy, or Edward. It's Kimbley.
she's 24 years old.

how's that?

ah yes and, just so you know Glass will last forever, something to think about with your character. it won't waste away unless someone recycles it.

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Stina006
i need to figure out if my OC is a mary sue...it's been bugging me to NO END!

in a fullmetal Alchemist fanfic
she's a girl from another universe, like an alternate universe
short
brown hair
cooks alright
doesn't know alchemy
she loves one of the characters but not Alphonse, Roy, or Edward. It's Kimbley.
she's 24 years old.

how's that?.

Except for the Kimbley part, she seems fine (so long as dimension jumping is canon).

5,750 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
why except for the kimbley part?
i got a whole fanfic devoted to her and the manga, story wise >_>

i thought deminsion jumping could be canon because of the first series, where our world was connected through the gate to their alchemy world.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Stina006
why except for the kimbley part?
i got a whole fanfic devoted to her and the manga, story wise >_>

Because he's insane. For her to have feelings for him would be for her to be insane also. That or she's be a Mary Sue because she changes his character drastically from the canon.

Stina006
i thought deminsion jumping could be canon because of the first series, where our world was connected through the gate to their alchemy world.

This works. There are multiple versions of FMA; in brotherhood, there is no dimension-jumping.

Is Kimbeley not insane in the manga?

5,750 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
he's not so much insane as he's a sociopath. in the manga he's TOTALLY different than the first series.
he's more of a heritical sociopath.< i've this discussion before
she doesn't change him to this 'lovey dovey' thing.
it's more of a drama sort of thing where she loves him but he doesn't love her kind of thing.
it's more fleshed out in the fic though...

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Stina006
he's not so much insane as he's a sociopath. in the manga he's TOTALLY different than the first series.
it's more of a drama sort of thing where she loves him but he doesn't love her kind of thing.

Hmmm. It could work, as sociopaths tend to be charismatic, but he wouldn't be returning his feelings.

Also, does she know he's a sociopath? Because that's still an unhealthy borderline insane thing if she does.

5,750 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
DarknessofHeavenandDreams
Stina006

Hmmm. It could work, as sociopaths tend to be charismatic, but he wouldn't be returning his feelings.

Also, does she know he's a sociopath? Because that's still an unhealthy borderline insane thing if she does.

nope she does not know.
he's very charismatic indeed to her, and even saved her a few times *well he was ordered too but she doesn't know that*
in the manga he comes off as being so sweet and a bit...not flirtatious but...gentlmanly? like the way he acts to Winry when they first meet.
mostly, he acts nice to her *not winry* because he likes messin' with her. i know, it's terrible isn't it XD i really love his character...my poor heartbroken OC...T crying T
keeping it canon was the only way i could do it. making him lovey-dovey like IzumixSig would be blasphemy.

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Stina006
DarknessofHeavenandDreams
Stina006

nope she does not know.
he's very charismatic indeed to her, and even saved her a few times *well he was ordered too but she doesn't know that*
in the manga he comes off as being so sweet and a bit...not flirtatious but...gentlmanly? like the way he acts to Winry when they first meet.
mostly, he acts nice to her *not winry* because he likes messin' with her. i know, it's terrible isn't it XD i really love his character...my poor heartbroken OC...T crying T
keeping it canon was the only way i could do it. making him lovey-dovey like IzumixSig would be blasphemy.

Than that works. She either has to be portrayed as a victim or actually insane (Many Mary Sues are insane, the author just doesn't want to admit it's a problem or that they even are).

5,750 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
Yay! thank you for your opinion : ) much appreciated

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
I hope this is one of the oddest questions you'll get. I have a crocodile as a character and he gets framed for murder. Is there any other animal that could frame a crocodile? Could, as in, it'd have to be native to the area and kill similarly. Could a person frame a crocodile and if so, then how? And would there be a giveaway that a person did it and not a croc and if so, what? That's all, for now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff