Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kain Odium
ArtemisRoseKohana
Kain Odium
Dear god, this is pathetic. One large mass of unoriginal hacks... makes me sad to see the writing world to be degraded so. sad

Takes one to know one.

Now, moving on, will you give advice to fan fic writers or does it have to only be an original work?

Not exactly... I do believe it's pretty easy to read something and tell if it's pathetic. Namely, the Think Tank.

According to the Holy Book of the Dictionary: Think Tank - a group or center organized to do intensive research and problem solving. Looking over this thread of pathetic hacks that degrade the original plots of their favorite comic books, movies, and television shows. So tell me this; who is really, truely, the pathetic, unoriginal hack.

So you should all stop ******** over some 40 year old ********, who lives in his parents basement, that makes comic books; stop ******** over the the pathetic low-life Japanese men who are making these low-budget, half-assed animes to suck your money out of your asses; and stop ******** over the kind people, who bring you shitty entertainment from the beast of the apocalypse. If you really want to screw something over with your pathetic, unoriginal bullshit you should go work for FOX.

This is your own opinion. Many people will probably disagree. On that note I suggest you stop criticizing fan works. Not only that but your langauge is repulsive. I use obcene language as well...but hardly to express your type of point. More people might try understanding your point of view had it not been so insulting. I like that you note some fanfiction as degrading to the original work...but you've really gone over the edge in your last paragraph.

You're stereotypical of comics and animes. Some people would be greatly offended by what you say. Of course, going back to opinion...you have your right to one. I'd prefer if you would stop discouraging fanfiction though, as well as discouraging other writers.
xengarox
Hi everyone! Make sure all your deepest darkest secrets are written in a little diary. Hee hee...

I have a story diary. I write stuffs in it. XD I started in, like '03.... or earlier. O.O It's REALLY cliche, I think, but I'm just writing as I go along, no planning whatsoever... XD It's currently under my dresser, gathering dust... Lack of insperation on the story KILLS ME. O_O;;; >>; Ack.

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Blue Hospitality
xengarox
Hi everyone! Make sure all your deepest darkest secrets are written in a little diary. Hee hee...

I have a story diary. I write stuffs in it. XD I started in, like '03.... or earlier. O.O It's REALLY cliche, I think, but I'm just writing as I go along, no planning whatsoever... XD It's currently under my dresser, gathering dust... Lack of insperation on the story KILLS ME. O_O;;; >>; Ack.

I do the 'write as it comes' method alot. I found it produces short stories well, but novels need a little bit of planning. At least get a general concept of which direction to go, then let it flow to fill in the blanks. My personal view on how to do it well.

Rude's Bestie

Cat

Please just ignore Kain and don't encourage an argument by responding. confused
Yeah, I know I shouldn't. I've just been stressed out this week. I have finals starting tomorrow. sad
Hi....I'm not sure if you guys can help me with this, since this whole forum seems mostly about fiction writing, but I was wondering if anyone could help me come up with a title for something I'm writing. It's an essay about how progress in technology hinders human progress, or, specifically, how this occurs in Kurt Vonnegut's Player Piano. That's basically my thesis for a Transcendentalism/Player Piano essay that I had to write for my English class. I'm all set other than the title, because I'm horrible with titles. If anyone has any idea they could share, I'd love your help! Thanks!

(I hope this is an okay place to ask. ^^)
Technology as a Hinderance to Progress in Vonnegut's Piano Player

Titles for critical essays are easy. mrgreen
SlasherZero
Technology as a Hinderance to Progress in Vonnegut's Piano Player

Titles for critical essays are easy. mrgreen

Hehe...thanks for the help. XD I know it doesn't have to be anything special, but I wish I could come up with something that...well, sounds cooler. See, that's the kind of title I would have come up with on my own. XD So, I came up with, ta-da, "Technological Progression and Human Recession." Do you think that's too weird because it ryhmes?

That made me laugh though, and now I feel like I can actually read my essay again. I still have a bit more editing to do, but I'm worn out.
And apparently I'm the only one who hasn't been offered any help. Is everyone here against fan fiction that much?
Artemis, I think the problem is that, in asking for help, you didn't give a specific idea to assist you on.

I am not a yugio (spelling?) fan... I usually run from the room! But if presenting a small snippet of the problem would help us understand your plight, then do so. Or put it in your blog and give us a link.

Be warned, I don't know the characters, so don't expect exstatic irrudition on the story or characters. But Mary Sue I do know and boy is she horrid! smile

Your turn.
I write fanfiction, and will willingly help anyone who wants it. Fanfiction, to me, is the ultimate compliment of a person's work . . . it means that your characters were strong enough and in depth enough to produce a love and understanding of that character that people want to use.

so, if you're writing fanfiction, or even original works, here I be. IM me or whatnot. My AIM is MarikOnyx.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
RobinGlen
Artemis, I think the problem is that, in asking for help, you didn't give a specific idea to assist you on.

I am not a yugio (spelling?) fan... I usually run from the room! But if presenting a small snippet of the problem would help us understand your plight, then do so. Or put it in your blog and give us a link.

Be warned, I don't know the characters, so don't expect exstatic irrudition on the story or characters. But Mary Sue I do know and boy is she horrid! smile

Your turn.

RobinGlen has a very good point. You need to pose an actual problem before we can help, and if ya hadn't noticed this thread is becoming more and more active. Try asking what, specifically, you need help on.
Eh, yeah, good point. Again, I apologize. I think finals is turning my brain to mush. I have my first one tomorrow, on Astronomy. crying I really didn't mean to offend anyone.
Shut up! How cares? blaugh
ArtemisRoseKohana
Eh, yeah, good point. Again, I apologize. I think finals is turning my brain to mush. I have my first one tomorrow, on Astronomy. crying I really didn't mean to offend anyone.

hehe; no offense taken.

I am on "old school" fanfic writer... from back in the pre-computer days. I am willing to help where I can. Be warned: I am a spelling and grammar devil! You will conform! yahahahaha. *ahem* But anyway, post when you survive your exams. I'll be checking back.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff