Welcome to Gaia! ::

Teh_BS
would it be inappropiate since norse mythology doesnt even exist? confused

As long as you don't mention Norse mythology in any way, I don't think it'd be inappropriate. Loki does sound pretty cool. whee I think the only thing you need to worry about is making sure another names sound like they come from the same culture or language, so his doesn't stand out as being...really...odd. Yeah. sweatdrop I just lost momentum on that last sentence.
Teh_BS
ifihadaninja
Teh_BS
okey id like to ask for an opinion whee I know i created a thread about this a month or so ago, but i dont remember the turnouts sweatdrop

The world in my story has no connections to earth whatsoever. none, zip, zilch. just call it another rock far off in the galaxy. well one of the characters is named Loki (which is, if you dont know, a Norse god). He has nothing in common with the norse, or even the god himself, but i really like this name. would it be inappropiate since norse mythology doesnt even exist? confused

its your story.
Thank you for reassuring that. And here i thought i hijacked it from the unlucky fellow who sits next to me in French Civilization whee

I am interested in what others think about the matter. And i'd like to know if this idea is odd xd

actually it was helpful, do you think someone would put a genie in a movie even though genies like that do not exist?
ifihadaninja
Teh_BS
ifihadaninja
Teh_BS
okey id like to ask for an opinion whee I know i created a thread about this a month or so ago, but i dont remember the turnouts sweatdrop

The world in my story has no connections to earth whatsoever. none, zip, zilch. just call it another rock far off in the galaxy. well one of the characters is named Loki (which is, if you dont know, a Norse god). He has nothing in common with the norse, or even the god himself, but i really like this name. would it be inappropiate since norse mythology doesnt even exist? confused

its your story.
Thank you for reassuring that. And here i thought i hijacked it from the unlucky fellow who sits next to me in French Civilization whee

I am interested in what others think about the matter. And i'd like to know if this idea is odd xd

actually it was helpful, do you think someone would put a genie in a movie even though genies like that do not exist?
mythological figures are a bit easier to manipulate whee But names are bit harder to pull off. Imagine a character named Goku in the middle of Harry Potter confused You know someone is going to throw a fit xd

Tristitia - Thanks! im actually planning his native tongue and it fits in with it, i just wasnt sure to keep it or not xp
eeermmm, well i usually don't ask random people for help with my stories but so far nobpdy has really given me what I want.
I'm working on an orginal sci-fi and I need some help with the main character. Her name is Alexandra no last name yet and she's an assassin/bounty hunter trying to make her way in space amoung the various alien races.
Earth has been destroyed and she is one of the last few remaining humans. All of the humans are very hardened but i'm having problems not making her the tipical cintical girl with the dark past. Any ideas? sweatdrop
foureyed_dragon
eeermmm, well i usually don't ask random people for help with my stories but so far nobpdy has really given me what I want.
I'm working on an orginal sci-fi and I need some help with the main character. Her name is Alexandra no last name yet and she's an assassin/bounty hunter trying to make her way in space amoung the various alien races.
Earth has been destroyed and she is one of the last few remaining humans. All of the humans are very hardened but i'm having problems not making her the tipical cintical girl with the dark past. Any ideas? sweatdrop

Ever see/read Rurouni Kenshin? That's a good base to develope a character who has killed, etc. and yet is still loved by all. I'm just trying to point out his humbleness...
*gasps* I love that anime! 3nodding That's actually a good idea. I didn't think of that...hm...but i'm thinking that she isn't loved by all. She made many enemies in her past and some are still after her. I also have no idea of how to introduce subtlly without being too cheesy whee .
foureyed_dragon
*gasps* I love that anime! 3nodding That's actually a good idea. I didn't think of that...hm...but i'm thinking that she isn't loved by all. She made many enemies in her past and some are still after her. I also have no idea of how to introduce subtlly without being too cheesy whee .

*Inspiration!*
How 'bout she's tracking some guy down, but she's in an alien mask, so as not to seem conspicuous. Anyways, in the process of catching this guy (Which also reveals her job) her mask slips off, and the whole bar goes quiet, because she's a human.
Anyways, she's like, "What are you lookin' at?" or something, and drags the guy off.
But then again, that might seem too cheesey. If all else fails, you can read/watch some stuff about survivors, for instance... Superman? whee
I got nothin'

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
foureyed_dragon

You could go the route of making her more gritty, a type of person who has survived and has sacrificed a lot to do so.

What exactly are you trying to avoid? Bluntness, a sense of humor or a deep resentment for other species that have not faced what she has might be things to incorporate, but I'm not sure if those go towards what you're trying to avoid.

Discrimination seems like it would come into play a great deal in her life. How she reacts to it might be interesting.
terradi
foureyed_dragon

You could go the route of making her more gritty, a type of person who has survived and has sacrificed a lot to do so.

What exactly are you trying to avoid? Bluntness, a sense of humor or a deep resentment for other species that have not faced what she has might be things to incorporate, but I'm not sure if those go towards what you're trying to avoid.

Discrimination seems like it would come into play a great deal in her life. How she reacts to it might be interesting.

hmmm...that sounds a little more towards what I'm looking for. I like the idea of how she's survived throught maybe a big ordeal and had the sacrifice something to do so...this could go somewhere...*runs off to write*

Oh and she allready has a "sense of humor" a very sarcastic cintical sense of humor but a sense of humor non the less. Then ofcourse so do i sweatdrop

Man-Hungry Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
foureyed_dragon
sarcastic cintical sense of humor but a sense of humor non the less.

That's pretty much the typical survivors sense of humor. Satirical, critical, blunt. Funny to few, but amusing to those who get the joke.
Dear god, this is pathetic. One large mass of unoriginal hacks... makes me sad to see the writing world to be degraded so. sad
Punk Fox TH
foureyed_dragon
sarcastic cintical sense of humor but a sense of humor non the less.

That's pretty much the typical survivors sense of humor. Satirical, critical, blunt. Funny to few, but amusing to those who get the joke.

Espically that blunt part. They don't hesitate to tell it to you the way t is. That's what I like about that type of person, they don't sugar coat things just to make you feel good about yourself.
Okay, I have never shared my ideas with anyone before, but here it goes.... I'm having trouble making this story unique, and I want something that will really make it stick out. Otherwise... it's just gonna be your run of the mill vampire story... ::sigh:: Anyways, here it is... ^__^

An overview of the back story... it begins in colonial days, in the year 1692, during the Salem witch hunts... Eleanor Foster is a 13 year old witch. She has a close relationship with her younger brother, 9 year old Jonathan. The two have always been connected mind to mind, able to share each other's thoughts and feelings. Their father, a supertitious preacher, notices their strange nature. After a particularly disturbing incident, he has Eleanor and her mother, also a witch, burned at the stake. Jonathan manages to escape, but he's soon captured by a vampire by the name of Moryson, and changed.

I haven't decided exactly what to do with Moryson, but I know he isn't a nice guy... to tell the truth, I was thinking about having him rape the young boy... but I just don't want Jonathan to end up being your normal quiet, withdrawn, ruthless vampire with a haunted past... that's so overused... I need something ORIGINAL!! ::sighs:: But anywhoo...

This is where the actual story would pick up... the setting is New York City, present day. Keeran Moon is a psychic witch... a member of the NYPD. She's an elemental, which is my term for a psychic who can control a certain element. Her element is dark... ((not a real element I know)) She can call shadows and noctural animals and all this cool stuff... She also happens to be the reincarnation of Eleanor... ^^

Jonathan is now a powerful vampire known as Loki, taken from Norse mythology... ((I may change the name.)) He has just succeeded in murdering his old master and tormentor, Moryson. He came to New York in search of territory and allies... He already has several, including his dyampire son, Bade. A dyampire is my term for a child between two vampires, and a dhampire is a child between a vampire and a human. When Loki and Keeran meet... ninja

The actual story is MUCH longer and more complex... but I thought that was probably all you guys could stand for a while... ^^;;; Any kind of suggestions for anything, especially how to make it original, would be very much appreciated.
Carpathian Shadow
Okay, I have never shared my ideas with anyone before, but here it goes.... I'm having trouble making this story unique, and I want something that will really make it stick out. Otherwise... it's just gonna be your run of the mill vampire story... ::sigh:: Anyways, here it is... ^__^

An overview of the back story... it begins in colonial days, in the year 1692, during the Salem witch hunts... Eleanor Foster is a 13 year old witch. She has a close relationship with her younger brother, 9 year old Jonathan. The two have always been connected mind to mind, able to share each other's thoughts and feelings. Their father, a supertitious preacher, notices their strange nature. After a particularly disturbing incident, he has Eleanor and her mother, also a witch, burned at the stake. Jonathan manages to escape, but he's soon captured by a vampire by the name of Moryson, and changed.

I haven't decided exactly what to do with Moryson, but I know he isn't a nice guy... to tell the truth, I was thinking about having him rape the young boy... but I just don't want Jonathan to end up being your normal quiet, withdrawn, ruthless vampire with a haunted past... that's so overused... I need something ORIGINAL!! ::sighs:: But anywhoo...

This is where the actual story would pick up... the setting is New York City, present day. Keeran Moon is a psychic witch... a member of the NYPD. She's an elemental, which is my term for a psychic who can control a certain element. Her element is dark... ((not a real element I know)) She can call shadows and noctural animals and all this cool stuff... She also happens to be the reincarnation of Eleanor... ^^

Jonathan is now a powerful vampire known as Loki, taken from Norse mythology... ((I may change the name.)) He has just succeeded in murdering his old master and tormentor, Moryson. He came to New York in search of territory and allies... He already has several, including his dyampire son, Bade. A dyampire is my term for a child between two vampires, and a dhampire is a child between a vampire and a human. When Loki and Keeran meet... ninja

The actual story is MUCH longer and more complex... but I thought that was probably all you guys could stand for a while... ^^;;; Any kind of suggestions for anything, especially how to make it original, would be very much appreciated.

I'd suggest another completely radical view but that's also becoming slightly cliche. Perhaps he could be overly protective of his son? Just some slight defects to the avaerage personality...that are still perfectly plausible! ^^;

P.S: BADE!!! I came up with that name! Look back through... crying My poor, poor Bade...
Naisuki
I'd suggest another completely radical view but that's also becoming slightly cliche. Perhaps he could be overly protective of his son? Just some slight defects to the avaerage personality...that are still perfectly plausible! ^^;

P.S: BADE!!! I came up with that name! Look back through... crying My poor, poor Bade...

XDXD Bade is such a cool name!!!! I love it because of what it means... "moonlight." It must spawn from my days as a Sailor Moon fan... xd

But what's the other radical view you were gonna suggest? Believe me, I'm open to anything. Your story sounds promising too... perhaps a bit complicated, but promising.... 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff