Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Free gold!!

Yay!!! 1 100.0% [ 262 ]
Total Votes:[ 262 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 674 675 676 > >> >>> »|

whimsicaldreamer

(:
I previously backed up on two thumbdrives and a laptop. This year, two thumbdrives, two email accounts,and online Celtx. And then I will have part of it handwritten in a notebook. The nice thing about switching between a bunch of devices, I get lots of back up.

Sounds like it could work and you should definitely try word wars.

Good job!! Yeah thats good ideas. BTW, your tank just had booty grab, thanks for the gold smile

Revered Nerd

willowkat

Good job!! Yeah thats good ideas. BTW, your tank just had booty grab, thanks for the gold smile

Using a computer with a version of microsoft word made before 2000 and the only way to save things was on floppy disks (that would only survive if I held them, they died in my backpack) taught me to back up everything at every chance.

And thanks for grabbing. If you want to get a glowable fish in your tank, I will grab it if I catch it glowing. I grab every tank that glows, even if they are single hermit cats.

EDIT

I believe that the Nano site is relaunching, I am getting the maintenance page and the twitter feed is talking about kittens waking up and going to sleep.
because someone posted a link to a live kitten cam on the animal planet website. emotion_facepalm

The NaNoWriMo site has relaunched.

And they have some nifty new features that are super groovy.

Divine Bard

13,025 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
I'm Katsuno_Hitomi on the NaNoWriMo site. My novel this year? A Puella Magi Madoka Magica/LOTR crossover fanfic. Crazy? Most likely.

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
Oh, man, I'm having doubts that I can participate this year. I'm going to have a crazy, crazy semester in school.

I might do an informal "NaNoWriMo" where I try and finish some of my fanfic WIP's and go for a much easier goal (maybe 750 words per day, since I found this awesome website that helps me keep on track).

I had a great run. Three years in a row, I took on NaNo and won. I think it's time I gave myself a break.

Revered Nerd

@ Youseine_Mei

Well I have no idea what that first thing is but I do know LOTR. And I have one question, is it going to have Old Man Willow, Tom Bombadill, and Goldberry?

@ Misuki
You could be a Nano rebel with your fanfics. Depending on your age, you could do the Young Writer's Program and set your own goal. Or just do the 750 wpd on the Nano site and be a double rebel.

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
whimsicaldreamer
@ Misuki
You could be a Nano rebel with your fanfics. Depending on your age, you could do the Young Writer's Program and set your own goal. Or just do the 750 wpd on the Nano site and be a double rebel.

I'm 23 already, so I wouldn't qualify for the young writers' program, I don't think.

I don't know if I could write 50k + words on my fanfic ideas. A lot of them are either one-shots or short stories that only span 2-3 chapters.

I feel like I wouldn't be happy if I just hammered them all out in a month's time though, which is why I really want to try and tackle them at a slower pace. 750 words per day (a goal I didn't just make up, it's on an awesome website called 750words.com) seems to be a lot more easily obtained. ^^

I feel like if I signed in to the NaNoWriMo website and I "competed", I would be forced into writing those 1667 words in a day, every day. The atmosphere of NaNo and the forums is very competitive and it's easy to get sucked into. That usually drove me my past three years I won, but this time the university's gotten to be serious business.

Divine Bard

13,025 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
@whimsicaldreamer: Puella Magi Madoka Magica is a magical girl anime darkly subverted. The magical familiar is creepy as all get out. And I hadn't thought of using Tom Bombadil or Goldberry. It's going to take place around Minas Tirith after Aragorn dies and his son Eldarion takes over, so traveling all the way to the Old Forest would be rather problematic.

Revered Nerd

@Misuki

23 is a little old for the WYP, that site sounds like it could be fun. And yes the Nano site does have a habit of drawing you into it. Good luck with your plan though.

@Youseine
Interesting. I am trying and failing at imagining that type of thing in Middle Earth, I hope you pull it off though.
And yes, that would place them a bit out of the way. Most people though tend to follow the fellowship for LOTR fanfic and a lot of them skip over that part.

Nuclear Werewolf

whimsicaldreamer
Word wars are awesome. My best words-per-minute was only 33.2, but for five or ten minutes, that a couple hundred more words than you started with. Good for warm-ups and friendly competition with fellow writers.

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

This year will be my first time participating in NaNo. To prepare myself for it I've been working on getting used to writing constantly with my one shot collection from my sorta failed SuWriMo from here. I've had my NaNo idea for moooooooooonths and have it outlined in my head I'm kinda excited to get started on it.

Mines is a sorta AU to Sailor Moon. Like it borrows some elements but it has all OCs.

Anywho here I am on the website. So feel free to add me.

Revered Nerd

Alberic of Krufton
whimsicaldreamer
Word wars are awesome. My best words-per-minute was only 33.2, but for five or ten minutes, that a couple hundred more words than you started with. Good for warm-ups and friendly competition with fellow writers.

I find the five minute bursts tend to get a higher count for me than the 10 or 15. I tend to stop in the middle of the 10 or 15 to think.

And they are great for warming up, and they are a good way to get through slow spots.

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Ami Satomora
This year will be my first time participating in NaNo. To prepare myself for it I've been working on getting used to writing constantly with my one shot collection from my sorta failed SuWriMo from here. I've had my NaNo idea for moooooooooonths and have it outlined in my head I'm kinda excited to get started on it.

Mines is a sorta AU to Sailor Moon. Like it borrows some elements but it has all OCs.

Anywho here I am on the website. So feel free to add me.

Good luck with your first year smile You'll have fun, whether you finish or not. We all do biggrin

Mikael Meister's Buttercup

Dedcadent Abductee

23,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
This will be mny first year participating and as of right now I kind of have an idea about what I want to do, but I'm having trouble coming uo with character names and keeping my focus.

Does anyone know-of some activities I can do to prepare myself for this wondrous event?

Revered Nerd

xXRed Moon VampiressXx
This will be mny first year participating and as of right now I kind of have an idea about what I want to do, but I'm having trouble coming uo with character names and keeping my focus.

Does anyone know-of some activities I can do to prepare myself for this wondrous event?

A lot of the advice I have seen is just to write a little bit everyday on something to get in the groove of the pace for Nano and prepare your writing muscles.

Personally I have a no writing on any of my stories during October so I am bubbling over when November first rolls around policy. My way works for me. (However I do significant world building, post typing, and editing.)

As far as coming up with names, there is a sticky in the forum here and on the Nano site they have a new forum this year dedicated to naming things.

As for keeping your focus, in October, eh, keep your focus or not.
Once November hits you can find plenty of people (including myself) willing to keep you focused, cheer you on, give you a kick, whatever is needed.

If it is staying focused on one idea, I am no help there.

Mikael Meister's Buttercup

Dedcadent Abductee

23,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
whimsicaldreamer

A lot of the advice I have seen is just to write a little bit everyday on something to get in the groove of the pace for Nano and prepare your writing muscles.

Personally I have a no writing on any of my stories during October so I am bubbling over when November first rolls around policy. My way works for me. (However I do significant world building, post typing, and editing.)

As far as coming up with names, there is a sticky in the forum here and on the Nano site they have a new forum this year dedicated to naming things.

As for keeping your focus, in October, eh, keep your focus or not.
Once November hits you can find plenty of people (including myself) willing to keep you focused, cheer you on, give you a kick, whatever is needed.

If it is staying focused on one idea, I am no help there.

I think I just added you as a buddy on the Nano site.
I heard a few people mentioning word wars, do you know what that is?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff