Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Free gold!!

Yay!!! 1 100.0% [ 262 ]
Total Votes:[ 262 ]

Timid Seeker

ShadowDancingPrince

I really don't want to say anything 'cause that's a big part of the plot...
But it has to do with the princess's mother and father
And also the darkness that's certainly over the land

Desirable Genius

10,150 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
Jade: What about the shoulder?

Revered Nerd

So I did the math. If I do the word count I will get 26k more by the end of the month putting me at 100k.
And I re worked by bullet points so I have only two done a day. If I stick to that I should be fine.
And so now I am going to get back to writing!

AurinJade's Wife

jade: that works! concussions are always fun. i'm using them, too. also, can i just say: poor Marsha? xDDD

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Cage - It's a major joint and you've got the subclavian artery and vein right there. I don't just need her to survive, but to avoid any major surgeries and long term therapy.

Muffy - I think a concussion sounds nice an easy. Traumatic, needs overnight evaluation, but she won't need surgery. Also, she can spend the rest of the story bitching and complaining about it. I think I have my plot device.

Desirable Genius

10,150 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
Ah, gotcha, Jade. 3nodding

Concussion is a genius idea, actually, given the circumstances. In 2010 I too knew the strain, though not as bad as you, of picking an injury.

I needed one to injure the villain enough to make him flee, but not enough to permanently disable him in some way.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I haven't injured any of my characters in a long time. In my recent stories, they're either dead, or they don't get in harm's way. xd Clearly I should change that.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

To be honest, if I'd given Marsha heart disease, this wouldn't be such a problem. But noooo. I had to branch into an area I know just enough about to be frustrated when I don't know enough. emotion_donotwant

But hey, if any of you want to give your characters a heart attack or stroke, I'm totally your girl! xD

Timid Prophet

8,350 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Generous 100
Well... That was a very plodding through excuse for a fight scene... emotion_sweatdrop

Obsessive Loiterer

Okay, I'm up. A bit bleary-eyed, but up! Now to reply to folks...

Muffers: That's why I thought it'd be right up your alley. I'm not yet sure how well it'll pan out, but I'll probably post about it when I finish, haha. I'll send it your way if I think it's up to snuff.

Also, that sounds like a very interesting set of character to have appearing in your story! I hope that you share an excerpt when you've written them.

Whimsi: Hello! How goes it? Still writing like a snail? Because I just had a nightmare that a snail who was the harbinger of death was punishing children for breaking the three rules he'd set out for all living humans, and he sort of moved by popping in and out of sight, so. So I don't know where I was going with this.

As for your not-enough-story problem--just have the book be a novella and jump into another project! How does that sound?

PMS: Hmmm, I see. I chose to do a translation of a book whose title translates to The Methodology of the Dialectological History of the Japanese Language by one of the foremost authorities on Japanese dialects. As the book was ~1000 pages long, I simply translated the intro and conclusion (~18 pages...?) and then had to write a research paper on the topic. It was pretty fascinating, but BOY was it difficult. My Japanese professor (who was born in Japan and has a PhD in linguistics) even had a bit of trouble with some of the passages.

Oh well. Fiction is subjective, but even facts can be subjective--after editing my paper by saying he liked what I'd done and leaving absolutely no suggestions, my thesis adviser gave me a B, saying that my analysis hadn't been "deep" enough.

"But you didn't tell me to change anything when I gave you my draft a week ahead of time."

"Well, I could see how hard you were working and was afraid you'd overdo it."

scream

Whoooops, I'm ranting. Sorry.

Um. Peppermint tea is delicious! It's a nice pick-me-up in the morning. I drink chamomile at night to wind down.

Marie:

Shadow: Good afternoon!

Enchantress: Hello! I'm doing all right. You? (Aside from being busy, of course.)

Aurin: I'm suggestible, but I don't like giving up control. Too scary. I once had a friend hypnotize me; I don't remember the night at all (another problem I have) but the group that was there told me later that I stopped being clumsy, passed on secret codes without knowing that I'd done so, and generally freaked them out. gonk

As for tablets--you might actually want to consider a netbook instead? Those are basically internet laptops.

Injuring Characters: I have an entire novel where the MC is unable to walk because she did something stupid and broke both of her legs. I also have an entire novel where a different MC is recovering from serious starvation and muscle deterioration after being in an untreated coma-ish state for four years. I make my characters suffer all the time. 3nodding I think it might be because I'm never healthy, so writing about characters who are similarly incapacitated is kind of nice.

Anybody wanna war at :30 for 20?

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Moya - I'd never let a friend hypnotize me. I know they'd screw with me too much and I know it. That's why I keep it to one of the school therapist/counselors I had when I was in college and youtube videos.

Revered Nerd

Moya: The past two years I finished one project and jumped to another, I want to work on one this year.

Your snail thing sounds really interesting though.

And I am game for the war.

Timid Seeker

To the injuring of character's...I have only gotten Leo in trouble, not actually harmed
But maybe I do need to get him hurt...

And Mayo...I am not good doing good at all
I bought a soda and I opened it about 20 minutes later
And it exploded all over my computer!!!
I wiped it up instantly so I thought everything was okay but it's not!
My keys aren't working all that great

Obsessive Loiterer

Aurin: First of all, I didn't think it'd work. Secondly, my friends weren't actually trying to mess with me; I tend to hurt myself with my clumsiness, and I'd already banged my knee on a nearby coffee table (I think) when they convinced me I got way more agile when sleepy. Those friends are/were particularly trustworthy, thankfully. I'd rather have them hypnotize me than a stranger.

Whimsi: Ah, gotcha. I prefer jumping between projects, but I understand that that's a personal preference.

Feel free to include the snail of death in something in the future. I can describe him/the dream in greater detail if you'd like, haha.

TO WAR.

Enchantress: If you're in college, you can take your computer to the tech desk. They've got special tools for cleaning that sort of thing.

AurinJade's Wife

moya: can't share those excerpts. against the TOS. 't is a beautiful fancy, though. ;DD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff